Google Helmet Map

axlrush

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a Jets fan I found this map very disappointing, I must say.

Why is that?

Look at the map...what is missing?

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Let me add that I do think it's a cool map, nice work. My two favorite things, maps and football helmets. But is there any way I can get you to put the Jets helmet "above" the Giants helmet?

.. have the Jets win three more Super Bowls?

I saw, I came, I left.

Let me add that I do think it's a cool map, nice work. My two favorite things, maps and football helmets. But is there any way I can get you to put the Jets helmet "above" the Giants helmet?

I love maps as well! :) Seems to be a great project for a helmet and map fan.

As far as what helmets end up on top of others, I haven't gone through the trouble of figuring it out. Everything is in a database, so it's a little random how they are displayed. There will be comments no matter whose helmet is on top or bottom.

Thanks again for the comments!

browns-sm.gifitaly.gif

How about put the Jets in Hempstead, then. Their historical roots. And both helmets will show up at most scales.

There is the same issue with San Fran and Oakland.

I don't really consider it an issue. Some teams just play really close from one another, and some in the same stadium. When you zoom that far out in Google Maps, you'll have helmets covering others.

The more conferences I start to put on there, there will be even more covered. Just have to zoom in.

browns-sm.gifitaly.gif

Cool map.. I wonder if I could make one for say, NHL or MLB or NBA or others?? Just wanted to know in case....

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Cool map.. I wonder if I could make one for say, NHL or MLB or NBA or others?? Just wanted to know in case....

The possibilities are limitless, really! :)

Someday I'll do it for my own gratification. I think I am going to venture into FCS (1-AA) teams for this as well, so that will take up a ton of time. :)

browns-sm.gifitaly.gif

Is it easy to do the mapping of the belmets (or logos in case) for the Google map? I would love to have a chance to make one like that..

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Archived