Edmonton Oilers concept: update in navy and orange

uniformity

The idea with this concept was to bring back the Oilers iconic stripe pattern and use a more familiar colour scheme than the current copper and blue. I did not want to use the current home uniform colours however because I felt they were too loud. Using a different template and a different colour for the home jersey also allows the current home to be worn as a third jersey.

You may notice the collar is different than the regular edge collars. I really do not think the elongated edge collar is visually appealing at all so I decided to modify it. To achieve this I took the edge lace up collar and deleted the lace-up component. I think it looks much better.

edmnavyorg.png

It's kind of redundant to have "oilers" on the jersey three times. Also, I'm not sure that striping pattern qualifies as "iconic".

Also, there is white between the orange and blue everywhere on the uniform except for the shoulder yoke on the white jersey. It's not horrible, just looks odd to me.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Really nice work here, the Navy Home is spot on perfect. Im really glad you stayed away from the dated Copper (Brown?) Red and Navy scheme. Orange belongs on Oilers jerseys and using it with Navy is a nice compromise to those who think the throwback scheme is too much. Gotta agree with BringBackTheVet about the shoulder yolk on the white though. The Orange and Navy look odd beside eachother in that single instance and the way the shoulder logos are positioned is kind of strange. The set would look stronger if you ditched the yolk all together but other than that small gripe this looks great. Id love to see the Oilers go with something like this while keeping the throwback as a third.

The idea with this concept was to bring back the Oilers iconic stripe pattern and use a more familiar colour scheme than the current copper and blue. I did not want to use the current home uniform colours however because I felt they were too loud. Using a different template and a different colour for the home jersey also allows the current home to be worn as a third jersey.

You may notice the collar is different than the regular edge collars. I really do not think the elongated edge collar is visually appealing at all so I decided to modify it. To achieve this I took the edge lace up collar and deleted the lace-up component. I think it looks much better.

edmnavyorg.png

How about an orange alternate sweater?

"Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy." Benjamin Franklin

Archived