Notre Dame vs Army concept

Discrim

an idea came to me as a way to commemorate the upcoming game between Notre Dame and Army at Yankee Stadium, and while a few things slipped my mind in the process of putting this together (like the fact that Army is the designated home team IIRC, not ND), I think it's at least interesting...so without further ado...Notre Dame and Army: Yankee Stadium one-offs

armyvsndfb.png

The game being in a baseball stadium demands some baseball elements IMO, so ND's jersey has green pinstripes and plain gold #s/ND's, and Army's shirt is based on the previous Red Sox roads, though after I finished (naturally) I started thinking that for the sleeve logo, the old kicking mule might be a better fit for the aesthetic I was aiming for than the knight, so I figure if anybody wants to see that version instead, I'll post that tomorrow. Another idea I was considering but scrapped early on was pinstriped pants for the Irish (I thought it looked dumb when I tried it out, seeing as the jersey and pants are different colors). And I always wanted to do a gray Army jersey, but what I'd always pictured doing, something about as dark as the old Nets grays, would be too close to blue, thus this relatively light cadet gray.

so love, hate, mistakes, tell me what you think is going on...debates all day, tell me what you think is going on, too late, heartbreak, tell me what you think is going on...what's goin on, what's goin on?

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

i like the concept but not the execution. the notre dame uniform is fine.

i don't like the logos on the sleeve of the army uniform. i also don't like the arched text and the font of west point. i don't care for the numerical font. i really like the idea of the blue top. it's a good base to start with.

these are preety cool and it's a smart idea. I would maybe remove the 'irish' NOB of the ND jersey, apart from that, these are sweet!

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

here goes take 2...Army gets most of the tweaks, as I figured it'd be a better idea to have them resemble the Mets than the Sawx. As mentioned before, the more I looked, the more I felt the knight was too modern to really fit this concept, so the mule wins.

armyvsndfb2.png

Notre Dame changes: Irish script moved from back to beneath collar, collar shamrock removed

Army changes: WEST POINT modified, knight/A replaced by kicking mule, number font changed from Red Sox to MLB Block

2016cubscreamsig.png

The second version's better. The Army jersey is an improvement. I might argue that the Army jersey would look better with black pinstripes than the Notre Dame jersey does with green.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

The West Point Jersey would look better to me maybe as a basketball jersey, i feel that the wording is maybe a little too prominent. I don't personally like the pinstripes, but that's just me. I think that you're coming closer to making them work, especially with adding the "Irish" wordmark beneath the collar

Soccer.jpg?t=1301776720England.png?t=1301868161Germany-1.png?t=1301800713FCB.png?t=1303259982

With these intended to be one-off affairs, I'll agree to disagree. Granted, aint many people around who really like mixing elements of different sports' uniforms, but hey. In any event, take three:

armyvsndfb3.png

Notre Dame: now off-white with T-bar striping on sleeves/yoke, as seen on the Musial-era Cardinals, as well as the various satin uniforms. shamrock replaces ND on sleeves, numbers now navy with gold outline and green shadow.

Army: now black with cadet gray pinstripes. WEST POINT removed, front number enlarged, numbers now have additional gray outline.

2016cubscreamsig.png

• 2 weeks later...

You always think outside the box...what about the yoke on the Army Uni mimicking the mules blanket, with black yoke, gold A on the sleeves and double gold outline around it all.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Actually the game was a Notre Dame home game. They play one neutral-site home game (at night) each year mainly because NBC wants a night game.

yeah, I realized that after I heard they were wearing the greens. What can I say, I'm a bit forgetful

2016cubscreamsig.png

Archived