Cleveland Indians Concept

McCall

I decided to combine some elements of their recently unveiled, ableit, mish-mash uniforms into a relatively cohesive set. First off is a new cap logo. I looked back to the 1954-57 Wahoo/Wishbone C cap (one that I had a fitted version of when I was a kid, one of my favorite caps ever) and modified it to go with the current Block C they're using. I combined the home and home alternate into a cream-colored, piping with the current script, reverted back to the pre-silver days. For the roads, I kept it block, but changed it to varsity with the serifs to match the cap C. I left all the lettering/numerals on the away navy with a red outline. Yeah it may look similar to the Twins, but I think Minnesota looks better with red trimmed in navy on their letters/numbers. I made the alt the navy jersey they've been using since 1994, just can be used on home or away with the corresponding caps. I just kind of threw this together while works been slow for the past hour, so the piping may be thicker than I want it and the "Cleveland" letters could be elongated a little, but I wanted to get it done and up. It's not really too much of a concept as just using what they already have and mixing them together. As far as a sleeve patch, I think the Wahoo/C repeated would be overkill, so I guess just a Wahoo could work there. I left it off for now.

Anyway, here goes:

ClevelandIndiansUniforms.gif

The road is a nice looking uniform, but it doesn't scram "Cleveland Indians" to me. without a more prevelant Wahoo i dont really know what team it is. I know that doesn't make much sense but I feel like the block C cap and the block Cleveland lettering can be from any Cleveland high school baseball team and not necesarily the Indians. The wahoo on the cap is too small to make up for this.

The other two are really nice and I think would work great.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

I hate, hate, HATE when teams do not match the piping patterns on their uniforms. Also, the C with Wahoo logo doesn't work. I respect the pseudo-throwback to the pointed C with Wahoo logo... but it just doesn't work. it's too cluttered and just doesn't jive.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I hate, hate, HATE when teams do not match the piping patterns on their uniforms. Also, the C with Wahoo logo doesn't work. I respect the pseudo-throwback to the pointed C with Wahoo logo... but it just doesn't work. it's too cluttered and just doesn't jive.

It's actually been fairly common to have piping on the front, sleeves and pants on the home and then remove it from the front on the road, leaving the sleeves and pants piping. See the Rangers red era, Orioles after moving into Camden Yards, Red Sox before the new roads in 2009 and current Reds set (though they should've left it as a one color piping like the homes rather than the 3-color).

It's actually been fairly common to have piping on the front, sleeves and pants on the home and then remove it from the front on the road, leaving the sleeves and pants piping. See the Rangers red era, Orioles after moving into Camden Yards, Red Sox before the new roads in 2009 and current Reds set (though they should've left it as a one color piping like the homes rather than the 3-color).

That's all fine and well... but that doesn't mean it looks good.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Archived