DeFrank's NFL Redesign

DeFrank

Thanks for the comments guys. Very glad this post is gaining some traction. With the Browns, I think that when I do a concept, it will be traditional. I want my thread to be kind of like everybodys best ideas come together. I understand, as I'm a big traditionalist with the Redskins and hate these silly concepts with new logos.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do you make the nike pro combat uniforms with different designs?

What do you mean? Like different striping and such?

Mostly along the lines of what program you use to edit, I guess.

For the Steelers, Bills, Vikings, and Seahawks I used a free program called Inkscape. The template was designed by mBannon and can be found in the "The SVG Movement" thread (last in football). For the Redskins and Chargers uniforms, I used a template designed by andrewharrington. This can be found in a thread called "Template update" by him. For those, you need either adobe illustrator or another version has been created for inkscape. I used illustrator. For the Redskins helmets, I used 3 of Davidson's helmet templates while using photoshop. These are found in "The PSD Movement" thread i think. Hope this helps...

and on a side note, apparently the bills are changing uniforms in 2011 that will "retain tradition while keeping the charging buffalo" sooo my designs seem pretty accurate. It's a thread just started over in the sports logos section.

potd 10/20/12

Team Six-San Diego Chargers

With so many good eras of uniforms, the Chargers were a really tricky concept at first. I love the classic powder blues, with gold or white pants. Same goes for the navy. The 88-06 set is also very good, but a huge update was made in 2007. I had a good idea of what I wanted to do with the jerseys themselves, regardless of colors. I wanted to use the current pants stripe, and do a combo of the current previous shoulder stripe. Same design, but I moved it to the shoulder (now its along the upper arm, sideways). Then after going back and forth many times I decided that a really great way to get the best of every design was to do an Oregon Duck style of uniform. Different uniforms for every game. Now it doesn't have to be as drastic as Oregon, and I hope to stay within their colors (no carbon or whatever). I really liked this idea as it gave me the ability to give everybody what they want. The navy fans, the powder fans, whatever. So, here are the FIRST nine ideas. Note that all of these are white helmets. I will have all of these and much more (also to be seen in white helmets) with navy helmets, and to match up, a couple of changes to the uniforms. These are just the first ideas. If you have an idea for a combo that I havn't posted, let me know, and I will. I am in Austin right now but when I get back I will continue making these. My goal is for the idea to just keep growing, like they would year after year while being worn. As always, C&C.

Naming key by color: N=Navy // P=Powder // G=Gold // W=White

Helmet:Tops:Pants:(Theme)

W:N:W:(N) W:P:W:(P) W:N:N:(N) W:P:G:(P) W:N:G:(N) W:G:W:(N) W:W:N:(N) W:W:W:(N) W:W:W:(P)

So there you are, remember to leave comments on other combos (I have quite a few in mind) and leave C&C.

I really like the gold pants incorporated with the powder and navy jerseys. Really makes the uniform much bolder and dramatic with the gold pants. Great work there!

Thanks very much, any other combos your thinking of? I have three more away unis created (white with gold pants for both navy and powder, along with another I cant remember!)

Just a note, if you could remove the images from the post above, it would be much appreciated. It's just it makes the thread very messy sometimes, especially with such a large image. Thanks.

potd 10/20/12

EAGLES

lol you didnt vote... and why/what do you want to see

Sorry I couldn't find the vote... But I want to see kelly green, NO WHITE HELMETS!!!!, maybe try grey helmet(???), grey pants could also be coo, would also like to see a modern design, so sorta mixing old and new :grin: sorry again

EAGLES

lol you didnt vote... and why/what do you want to see

Sorry I couldn't find the vote... But I want to see kelly green, NO WHITE HELMETS!!!!, maybe try grey helmet(???), grey pants could also be coo, would also like to see a modern design, so sorta mixing old and new :grin: sorry again

ok ok. this is what i want to hear!! haha kelly is a must. kelly helmets as well. probs. a white helmet wing (not grey). very similar to the week 1 throwbacks, but with modern parts. i hate their striping, so look for a more modern look. Something falconish, but not as bad.

potd 10/20/12

Miami; Unis based around the logo. And maybe a dark blue alternate.

I would rather do an orange alt.

Ok, that sounds good. Somewhat like mBannons and others, with the sun burst as the sleeve. Green jerseys... white sleeve, with orange sun burst between. sounds good.

potd 10/20/12

Archived