DeFrank's NFL Redesign

DeFrank

I like these a lot! Clean and simple, which is what the Bills need after the last decade.

Thanks! What were your thoughts on the hawks?

They were pretty good. I wasn't a fan of the navy pants though. Navy just wasn't used enough in the unis to have navy pants IMO.

I can see that, but I felt that only 3 jerseys wasn't enough. Maybe it was...

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bump.

looking for some more Eagles ideas.

These are the eagles ones I made, Not trying to hijack this thread. I would like you to try something new and different. The Eagles don't have an Iconic look, other then the helmet wings. I'm not 100% happy with mine, So I'm really eager to see your take

Home Away Alternate

Yea no problem with posting them! I do remember seeing these a couple weeks ago... If it was me, I would have a more modern striping, but nothing Arena League, and white instead of silver. I would also tweak the eagle logo and wing a little in terms of color. But a good set, and definitely something that seems like what I could do.

potd 10/20/12

Yea no problem with posting them! I do remember seeing these a couple weeks ago... If it was me, I would have a more modern striping, but nothing Arena League, and white instead of silver. I would also tweak the eagle logo and wing a little in terms of color. But a good set, and definitely something that seems like what I could do.

Yea white could've looked good, my whole thing I was going for was a fauxback to the Vermeil Era Unis, which are IMO the best look we've had. I'd agree with one of the previous posters, try and go minimal on the black (if at all). I think that's where I went wrong.

ron-jaworski-philadelphia-eagles-16x20-photo-autographed_3e2515fb3ac1e97e658e6dbd869e40f0.jpg

Yea white could've looked good, my whole thing I was going for was a fauxback to the Vermeil Era Unis. Which are IMO the best look we've had.

ron-jaworski-philadelphia-eagles-16x20-photo-autographed_3e2515fb3ac1e97e658e6dbd869e40f0.jpg

Those are very nice.

potd 10/20/12

Ok, so I really have not had time to work on these in about two weeks now, but I'm starting up again this weekend with a revision of the Vikings. I really am lost however on what I should do! I don't want an overload of purple like the pre 2006 set, but the current modern look is terrible.

So, should there be a traditional striping? Modern? A sort of minimal/logo incorporating striping? What do you guys think?

I REALLY want your opinions on these so I can move onto my next couple of projects: fixing and revising the Steelers, then starting up the Eagles and Cardinals

potd 10/20/12

No offense, but why don't you just make the jersey instead of constantly asking people for their opinions, your never going to get anywhere if you make 4 posts a day telling about your progress and asking people to tell you what to do.

2ry0jsl.jpg

Fast. Hard. Finish.

No offense, but why don't you just make the jersey instead of constantly asking people for their opinions, your never going to get anywhere if you make 4 posts a day telling about your progress and asking people to tell you what to do.

If you look at the dates, I replied to a post on the 27th, put up a bump on the 2nd, and added a question today. I don't really see what's wrong with getting ideas that I might not have thought of and making a better concept. This is something that I always have felt (you can see in post one) is important. I said I wanted this to be not just my ideas, but a collection of ideas that I thought were best. Your right in that my subtitle is a little annoying with me saying YOUR and REALLY and all that, but I just think that if I make a concept that has no outside input, then I won't have any other opinions until I put it out.

potd 10/20/12

And if you look above, you can see that Kiltman had some ideas for the Eagles which have really helped out my thinking. I got a perspective from an Eagles fan, which is always great. I know that as a Redskins fan, I have my opinions that others just wouldn't have.

potd 10/20/12

Dude, you're not asking opinions. You're post-padding.

Make the set how you want, take people's criticism, tweak if you want, and move on. Warhol didn't ask opinions before he painted to get "others' perspective".

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Dude, you're not asking opinions. You're post-padding.

Make the set how you want, take people's criticism, tweak if you want, and move on. Warhol didn't ask opinions before he painted to get "others' perspective".

Alright then...

I don't think I'm padding posts. I just want to get the best ideas and make a concept around them.

I won't bump or post again besides a reply to another comment until I make the Vikings.

I just am a little slow on ideas for this team. I know for instance that I want to have the norseman logo on the sleeves. I just want a second opinion on different striping options.

And I don't think that you can tell me why I'm doing something.

potd 10/20/12

What I'm getting at is that you should have enough confidence in yourself to show YOUR creations based on what you think is good.

These come off as our concepts that you drew up. Maybe we want to see your ideas. If I want to draw a certain striping pattern on the Vikings, I can do it myself.

What stripIng do YOU think the Vikings should use?

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Ok, so I really have not had time to work on these in about two weeks now, but I'm starting up again this weekend with a revision of the Vikings. I really am lost however on what I should do! I don't want an overload of purple like the pre 2006 set, but the current modern look is terrible.

So, should there be a traditional striping? Modern? A sort of minimal/logo incorporating striping? What do you guys think?

I REALLY want your opinions on these so I can move onto my next couple of projects: fixing and revising the Steelers, then starting up the Eagles and Cardinals

My take on the vikings is not to get too caught up in retro. For example, the current horn is better than the old horn for the helmet. The 1980s uniforms look very 1980s. Make sure to have yellow outlines on the numbers and (though this is primarily reflective of my bias) use a block number font.

My favorite uniform for the Vikes is the white late 1990s/early 2000s. Now that those shoulder stripes can only be dashes, it won't look as good, but I'd like to see them try to work that in on BOTH uniforms. I always wanted the switch to shoulder stripes on the purple.

I also would support purple pants with the white jersey.

No yellow pants, as the division-rival packer have 'em.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived