DeFrank's NFL Redesign

DeFrank

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the simple look and the colors a lot. The gold works surprisingly well. My only suggestion would be to make the number strokes and the black and gold pants stripes thicker. Right now both are barely noticeable.

Yea, I noticed that as soon as I posted them. I'll be able to work on that tomorrow hopefully.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

As an Eagles fan Im not a fan of the design. While Adding another color wouldn't be terrible, gold just doesn't work for me, no offense to Momma Defrank.

Eagles have looked their best when silver was a main part of the color scheme, Gold might look ok with a darker green but with the Kelly Green it makes it look to yellowie if that makes sense. the cool thing with the eagles from a design stand point is besides the helmet the rest of the uni is fair game. They've had complex and simplistic unis, so I'd say revisit it because right now it just doesnt quite work. A suggestion would be think of what the current eagles player imput would be on a uni. We have all of these young playmakers, they'd definetly like something "cooler", not that they'd be asked but just a thought.

Hope it helps

As an Eagles fan Im not a fan of the design. While Adding another color wouldn't be terrible, gold just doesn't work for me, no offense to Momma Defrank.

Eagles have looked their best when silver was a main part of the color scheme, Gold might look ok with a darker green but with the Kelly Green it makes it look to yellowie if that makes sense. the cool thing with the eagles from a design stand point is besides the helmet the rest of the uni is fair game. They've had complex and simplistic unis, so I'd say revisit it because right now it just doesnt quite work. A suggestion would be think of what the current eagles player imput would be on a uni. We have all of these young playmakers, they'd definetly like something "cooler", not that they'd be asked but just a thought.

Hope it helps

That is a good point. While I am intent on keeping the kelly and gold, I will look at a more modern pant and sock design. I think the shoulder works fine though. Thanks for the input.

potd 10/20/12

Maybe I'll go back to the midnight green... but the Washington Federals thread has me a little bummed out about me on this thread right now... and I'm going to NY this weekend. So look for that next week. THEN I'll work on my personal logo ^_^

potd 10/20/12

No midnight green, I'd just swap the gold for silver and it will look great.

I give you credit for trying a new idea out, but it just doesn't work well to me. But, it has to be tried to figure that out.

87Redskins.png

Alright so I do see the gold just not working... I do want to make more innovative ideas but in this case I guess it isn't for the best. Very well...

So on tap for the update tonight/tomorrow...

-Double/triple stroke size on numbers.

-Swap all gold for silver (use actual logos/script)

-Attempt a more modern pant design (any ideas?)

potd 10/20/12

Slightly updated the Eagles by thickening the strokes on both the numbers and pants stripe...

Also added a Black Alt

I opted to keep gold and keep the same pant design. I really didn't feel compelled by anything "modern", but if you have a suggestion please ask away.

potd 10/20/12

I love what you did here. If the redskins adopted the helmet with the logo, they would have the best helmets in the NFL.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I love what you did here. If the redskins adopted the helmet with the logo, they would have the best helmets in the NFL.

Wow thank you! It's always great to see a new person find my series. I thought that the helmet would be one that could rival the Bengals, Eagles, or Vikings in terms of creativity. Speaking of the Redskins, I actually plan on cleaning them up a little. Nothing with the design, but I plan on clearing up lines and grime marks. Also I think I'm going to make one helmet design. The one WITH the logo.

potd 10/20/12

WOW! You did a great job working in the gold with the Eagles. I think the little touches of gold worked into th helmet logo, eagle logo and the numbers just makes the jersey that much better in my opinion. I would love to see that set be used on the field! Great Job!

• 2 weeks later...

Quick bump...

I should have the Panthers up by Thursday at the latest.

After that, I've decided on updating the Redskins... again. Possibly metallic gold, updated spear logo, but keeping the basic uniform striping. Thoughts?

Also looking into redesigning the way in which I post teams and the front post. I'm considering having only one link per team with all images and so on... it all gets very confusing. This thread has gotten so cluttered and long. Might it be a good idea to start a new one?

potd 10/20/12

Team Eight- Carolina Panthers

PanthersHelmet.png

This concept had a few changes from the current set. First off, black helmets. I used pretty much the same pants stripe (but without the logo), and added a stripe in the same style to the sleeves.I removed silver from the identity and focused on white. The all black and blue looks are great home alternates as well.

Enjoy and C&C!

*Also* please see the posts above if you can give me some advice on what I should be doing with this thread, Redesign, and so on. I'm just kind of lost right now. Thanks.

potd 10/20/12

Not sure If i'm a fan of the panther shoulder stripes, but i definitely think these uniforms are a major improvement.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Being a Panther fan, am I usually am very skeptical about every Panther's concept I see, but I definitely do like this. I do not like the face-mask being white. I like the stripes. I think instead of using white you should use silver, and make the stripe outline bigger for all stripes. Love the addition of black pants.

2ry0jsl.jpg

Fast. Hard. Finish.

Archived