DeFrank's NFL Redesign

DeFrank

Steelers...love the design but I wouldn't remove the red and blue from the logo...it's there for a meaningful reason.

The 3 colors represent coal, steel and iron...Pittsburgh's products. You just went all coal on them. :D

87Redskins.png

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't really think the Dolphins' font works here for one main reason: it's the Dolphins font.

The logo is just kinda "meh" now. I know they don't use the red/blue in their uniforms, but it really makes the logo pop. Now it seems really washed out.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I think the Steelers set would look better with solid colored numbers. Because of the trim you used, white on black and black on white would look pretty sharp. I think the yellow and white are too close and cancel out, perhaps a single color number will look better. Also, I like the black pants you put together.

Ok good C&C thanks guys...

I will remove number outlines, I was kind of on the fence about them but I should have left them out.

With the font, I'll try slash font again, I guess it looks good but sometimes when I tried it in these concepts it didn't work so well.

With the logo, is it a good idea to also go back to the grey outline (just the regular logo) or keep it yellow like I have now?

Thanks for commenting guys!

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

I love that Black color, it looks really smooth for some reason, I think the helmet logo is a little big. For the numbers, if you can put them under the stitching it would look better.

btw, Santonio Holmes isn't a Steeler anymore.

2ry0jsl.jpg

Fast. Hard. Finish.

I love that Black color, it looks really smooth for some reason, I think the helmet logo is a little big. For the numbers, if you can put them under the stitching it would look better.

OMG your right. I wasn't able to get on the internet and I was racking my brain for steelers whose name/number I knew.... I'll change him up also.

I've decided that I won't be changing my logo or the font. The font works really well here and I don't want to go back to the old logo. One color numbers are in however.

potd 10/20/12

OMG your right. I wasn't able to get on the internet and I was racking my brain for steelers whose name/number I knew.... I'll change him up also.

I've decided that I won't be changing my logo or the font. The font works really well here and I don't want to go back to the old logo. One color numbers are in however.

seriously? hines ward?, mike wallace? james harrison?

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

Hahah I know my football but it was 6 a.m. with the jetlag. I put Ward on them. Should have them posted tomorrow my time (later today in US). And I LOVE your picture by the way!!

potd 10/20/12

Pittsburgh Steelers Update

With these I really wanted to scrap my old ideas (somewhere in December) and just start fresh. I ditched the idea of making them around the throwbacks, and went for a combo of their current look and some simplified elements. I kept the pants the same, it's simple and evokes the Steelers. I made the jersey much simpler, but with the gold collar and bottom of sleeves it doesn't seem boring. I simplified the logo to remove the red and blue, and turned the grey outline gold. I also used the Dolphins font. C&C

Home//Away//Home-Alt//Away-Alt

The link to the Steelers primary home uniforms doesn't work.

YOZXkBG.png?1

Pittsburgh Steelers Update

With these I really wanted to scrap my old ideas (somewhere in December) and just start fresh. I ditched the idea of making them around the throwbacks, and went for a combo of their current look and some simplified elements. I kept the pants the same, it's simple and evokes the Steelers. I made the jersey much simpler, but with the gold collar and bottom of sleeves it doesn't seem boring. I simplified the logo to remove the red and blue, and turned the grey outline gold. I also used the Dolphins font. C&C

The link to the Steelers primary home uniforms doesn't work.

Right they should be back up in about 10 minutes.

They don't show here, but on Page One and the actual post, the links work.

potd 10/20/12

• 2 weeks later...

Redskins fans try to block the Steelers out completely. Why? We couldn't block them. One of the ugliest games ever. The score doesn't show it, but Campbell was getting hit on step #2 of his 3-step drops every play. :wacko:

Flashbacks. ARGH. Ruined the all-burgundy debut.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/boxscore?gid=20081103028

87Redskins.png

Bump.

Will begin Team 7, Arizona, soon.

How does a thread get to 15 pages with only 6 teams? That's gotta be a record.

If you look back, you can see that by December, 5 teams were up, but I went back and completely redesigned those teams when I switched to illustrator from inkscape, along with a set of Redskins helmets and a 6th team. I do them one at a time, as opposed to releasing them periodicly after finishing a set beforehand.

So I re did the Redskins, then DID the Chargers, then redid the Seahawks, Bills, Steelers, and Vikings one after the other.

I usually don't start a concept until the comments from the previous one dissapate.

Redskins fans try to block the Steelers out completely. Why? We couldn't block them. One of the ugliest games ever. The score doesn't show it, but Campbell was getting hit on step #2 of his 3-step drops every play. :wacko:

Flashbacks. ARGH. Ruined the all-burgundy debut.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/boxscore?gid=20081103028

That had to have been the WORST game ever. I remember ACTUALLY listening to Redskins Pre-Game on the way to the stadium. We were 6-2. Clinton Portis was the mid-season MVP. I actually said to my dad (the first time I can remember being uniform obsessed) "I think they're gunna do something fun like all burgundy!" And they did. I hated that game :'(

*AND* I had a concept going for Arizona, but I couldn't make the colors work (Minnesota Wild) well without feeling I was missing something, so I spent 5 hours on a plane (still in a layover) doing something I deleted. I think I will start the Jags (using the Wild colors) or the Eagles (with silver and kelly green) soon. As always, I appriciate your thoughts on those teams. Any suggestions about logos, colors, etc.

potd 10/20/12

So now, if you click on the teams name on the front post, you will see a little "team info" that shows logos and scripts.

My first priority right now is working on my personal logo, which I am trying to make.

After this, expect an update (or simplification) of the Chargers, a collar change for the Vikes, images of the uniforms and logos on each post with a new team, and eventually a seventh team.

I do want to work on the personal logo first so that I can go back and rework all my previous images and put in the logo both on the side and transparently over the uniforms.

potd 10/20/12

• 2 weeks later...

I am really. REALLY. happy with this concept. I went back to the kelly green and kept in a little black trim, but my mom said while looking at the concepts (I'm in high school) "this could really use some gold!" I think the addition of gold into these looks GREAT. It's different and something that makes this concept different than just putting in kelly. I didn't include a black alternate, but if anybody would like to see it, let me know.

*And if anybody didn't see, if you click the team name here or on the front page, you get a link to a "Team Info" that just shows logos and scripts. Enjoy and C&C!

potd 10/20/12

Archived