DeFrank's NFL Redesign

DeFrank

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks to some more great tips by andrewharrington, who basically walked me through illustrator this past week, I will put out a tiny update tomorrow or the next day that just corrects the striping in relation to the area that they are in. No need to post that an update has been made, there aren't any design changes. For example, my pants stripe overlap the pants end. Ok fine, this is a shameless bump. But still useful information ^_^

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

This looks really good, you're definitely improving! I kind of like the feather with the primary logo on the helmets, and the uniforms look good. I'm glad you made all the striping consistent. The execution could be a little better though...the front and back numbers and the NOB are all too big, and sometimes off-center. But the design is great.

Second round of Uniforms up...

All Burgundy All White Burgundy on White White on Gold

C&C Please

I love the uniforms, even though the burgundy/gold combo isn't included. They'd be a sharp update to their real-life uniforms. However, the helmet doesn't work for me with the feather logo on top AND a side logo. I think the feather should stand alone, because it's wide and takes up enough space on the helmet already, plus it's such a solid design that it can stand on its own.

87Redskins.png

Right, I think I will put out an update with smaller letters and better fitting of the stripes, just small things. I know how you feel about the helmet Buster. But here is the problem, without the logo, in practice it just looks plain. There could be an argument that the Browns stripes is just... more than the feather. I think the feather looks great, I mean I love the way it looks and how I made it, but it needs something on the side. I think that removing the feathers from the Skins logo on the helmet solves this.

potd 10/20/12

Second round of Uniforms up...

All Burgundy All White Burgundy on White White on Gold

C&C Please

I love the uniforms, even though the burgundy/gold combo isn't included. They'd be a sharp update to their real-life uniforms. However, the helmet doesn't work for me with the feather logo on top AND a side logo. I think the feather should stand alone, because it's wide and takes up enough space on the helmet already, plus it's such a solid design that it can stand on its own.

oh and buster, look at the previous page. i would never emove the gold pants!

potd 10/20/12

I have been away from the boards a couple of days but I really like your update to the Redskins. The only thing I would think about changing is to put the burgundy stripe on top of the gold on the white jersey and the gold stripe in front of the white one on the burgundy pants to make it match the current set.

SouthParkBaseballOriolespngsmall.png

Hey again,

Looking for input on the Chargers... Powder or Navy? Helmet color? Pretty much anything. I'm having some snags making them. So, what do you guys think?

Powder with navy accents. White helmet. Numbers prefered.

what about the numbers? how about yellow accents? cut them out?

potd 10/20/12

What do you guys think about yellow? I want to limit yellow as much as possible, but what do you guys think?

edit:

i really have hit a wall here with these... i thought that maybe navy was the way to go now im back to powder... gold pants? yes then no? navy tops with powder pants? i dont know... and im getting really annoyed about it!!

I feel like my concepts have not gotten a lot of success since the Seahawks and I want to get this thread back on its feet. I really need to make these Charger uniforms great. I really want to hear all of your opinions.

potd 10/20/12

Hey again,

Looking for input on the Chargers... Powder or Navy? Helmet color? Pretty much anything. I'm having some snags making them. So, what do you guys think?

Powder with navy accents. White helmet. Numbers prefered.

what about the numbers? how about yellow accents? cut them out?

White jersey numbers. Two outlines. Yellow and old navy could work.

Jets_zps66b1c061.png

yellow numbers on road

not sure how that would work with white jerseys but ill see. the outlines could make it.

now im gunna keep the whole "bolt" patterns along the pants and sleeves. so you guys all think powder on white for home and white on powder road is the way to go?

potd 10/20/12

Archived