Phoenix couple has an Arizona basketball-themed wedding

Kevin W.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Who wastes their wedding on sports? It's supposed to be the biggest day of your life and you're clowning around in college basketball jerseys?

+1.

No Lute Olsen, no Steve Kerr, no Sean Elliott, no AJ Bramlett or even Ortege Jenkins present means this is very, very spare. And the writer should be ashamed of themselves.

Even a real wedding announcement would give the public her maiden name.

Haters. If this is what they wanted, who are you to judge? Not every wedding has to be cookie-cutter.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Who wastes their wedding on sports? It's supposed to be the biggest day of your life and you're clowning around in college basketball jerseys?

Neither the newlyweds nor members of the bridal party actually wore their Arizona jerseys during the wedding itself, but Matt and Valerie did decide to don theirs again at the reception. Valerie wore a white jersey to match her wedding dress while Matt had on a dark blue jersey over his button-down shirt but underneath his black tuxedo jacket and cummerbund.

Carry on. happy.gif

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

It's still awesome.

Neither the newlyweds nor members of the bridal party actually wore their Arizona jerseys during the wedding itself, but Matt and Valerie did decide to don theirs again at the reception. Valerie wore a white jersey to match her wedding dress while Matt had on a dark blue jersey over his button-down shirt but underneath his black tuxedo jacket and cummerbund.

Carry on. happy.gif

Hey, in my defense, the thread title and article headline said "wedding." That's poor headline writing.

My point stands, though. A college basketball theme is for an eight-year-old's birthday party, not a wedding reception.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Carry on. happy.gif

Hey, in my defense, the thread title and article headline said "wedding." That's poor headline writing.

My point stands, though. A college basketball theme is for an eight-year-old's birthday party, not a wedding reception.

You still could have read the article?

Carry on. happy.gif

You still could have read the article?

People, believe it or not, do not always have the time or desire to read an article about theme weddings on a sports logos message board.

Haters. If this is what they wanted, who are you to judge? Not every wedding has to be cookie-cutter.

If it were a Sun Devil themed wedding, I'm sure you'd have a much different opinion :P

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

If it were a Sun Devil themed wedding, I'm sure you'd have a much different opinion :P

I'd comment on the theme (what others haven't done), not the fact that they decided to use the theme in the first place (what others have done).

I'm just waiting for Lee to chime in here...

I spent ten minutes looking for that picture of the girl going to prom in a skintight Blazers jersey/dress. Since I couldn't find it, I got nothing.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Would this be news if the couple was wearing Arizona State jerseys?

No, because Arizona State basketball is not nearly as notable as our program is. ASU's never even been as far as the Elite Eight.

Haters gonna hate.

Archived