College Football Redesign

ESTONES6

This is my first REAL concept. I am very busy with finishing my degree and with work, but I am going to try and update as much as possible. I'm not sure how far I will get. This is basically how I would do some major College football uniforms. The grand plan would be about 35 teams from the major conferences. Again, I'm not sure how far I will get with this. In the design of these uniforms, I tried to capture the some classic aspects, as well as expanding on some modern designs while keeping in mind the location of the University and their nickname. You will notice in my designs, I tend to keep some consistent themes throughout with how a uniform is pieced together. Some uniforms will undergo major changes while others will stick with a classic, clean look. I am pretty conservative when it comes to uniforms, I like classic looks... but I also wanted to have some fun with these. You will notice some redundancy. Finally, I really don't like all this mix and match that teams are doing with 3 or 4 shirts being worn with 3 or 4 different paints. Therefore, I will be limiting the uniforms to home and away with a rare, RARE third jersey.

This is Andrewharrington's template, modified for Photoshop (I forget who converted to Photoshop), so thank you to those people. Lastly, I am not too good at putting these in "action" poses... so if anyone is interested in putting these on action templates, please send me a message.

Texas Christian University Horned Frogs

University of Oregon Ducks

University of Texas Longhorns

University of Minnesota Golden Gophers

University of Arkansas Razorbacks

University of Tennessee Volunteers

Texas Christian University Horned Frogs - I really liked the Pro Combat, Horned Frog's skin pattern. I used the pattern for the helmet, pants, and for the outlines of the numbers. The small horns on the helmet and pants are supposed to mimic the horns on the head of a Horned Frog. I kept the shirts plain because I wanted the focus on the Horned Frog skin pattern.

PrimaryUniforms.png?t=1291690946

University of Oregon Ducks - Well, as most Oregon concepts, I kept the wings on the shoulder pads and the slimming numbers. On the pants, I added some duck feet. It isn't groundbreaking, but I thought it was something that Oregon would do and it plays well with the wings on the shoulders. I went with a throwback yellow helmet to keep the 3 primary colors all in play. I updated the old UO logo with their new font.

PrimaryUniforms-5.png?t=1292299465

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Really digging both concepts. I like the wacky number font for Oregon, my only issue is I wonder how those yellow feet would show up on the white pants but cool idea.

I like TCU's a lot. My ONLY gripe is that the frog looks super-dark on the pattern helmet. Maybe a white-outline around him?

Awesome stuff on both sides, white TCU and green Oregon are my favs out of the 4, but all good!

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

University of Texas at Austin Longhorns - I didn't want to do too much to the Longhorns. I love the burnt orange color and the Longhorn logo is great. I changed the helmet to the burnt orange color to keep a 2:1 ratio of orange to white or white to orange on the primary parts of the uniforms. On the pants, I actually used the horns from the logo, as well as the top of the head going across the front of the pants. The jersey is left plain. No need to fix what isn't broke.

PrimaryUniforms-1.png?t=1292299626

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I'd make TCU's purple darker and get rid of the duck feet on Oregon's.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I like TCU's a lot. My ONLY gripe is that the frog looks super-dark on the pattern helmet. Maybe a white-outline around him?

Yeah, I was thinking maybe a white frog outlined in purple... I'll update when I get around to it.

I'd make TCU's purple darker and get rid of the duck feet on Oregon's.

The purple used for TCU is the purple from their logo found on this site.

As for getting rid of the duck feet... absolutely not. I love them. They are weird, quirky, abnormal, and exactly something Nike would do for Oregon.

I am really not feeling any of these. The TCU concepts are freaky, I need sunglasses just to look at Oregon and Texas is just a no.

Well... not everyone is going to like them. The point is to mix the traditional.

The purple used for TCU is the purple from their logo found on this site.

Hmm, maybe it's my monitor, but it definitely doesn't look like the same purple on their real uniforms.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Nice job on the concepts overall. There's a few nitpicks with me, like subbing the frog for the TCU on the helmet and adding a small outline to the duck wings on the Oregon white uniform. However, if I may ask...where did you find the 'frogskin' pattern for the TCU concept?

Nice job on the concepts overall. There's a few nitpicks with me, like subbing the frog for the TCU on the helmet and adding a small outline to the duck wings on the Oregon white uniform. However, if I may ask...where did you find the 'frogskin' pattern for the TCU concept?

Well... I love the Horned Frog logo. I love it. Its unique and I think it looks cool. The TCU is just bland to me.

I was going to add an outline to the wings and feet... but I like the impact they have on the green with the subtly they have on the white. I did these late last night, so I will look at it again and make changes if I feel necessary.

Umm... the frog skin pattern... I was looking all over the internet for it. I eventually found a huge picture of the pattern used for the numbers. I believe it was the #14. It's similar to this picture, but it was ONLY the number and was about 3 times as big. I just finagled photoshop to get the pattern where I wanted it. I had to stretch it some parts to get it to fit over the entire area.

Hmm, maybe it's my monitor, but it definitely doesn't look like the same purple on their real uniforms.

Yeah. I'm not totally sure. I don't think ColorWerx checks this forum out too much... but if he does, hopefully he can post the pantones.

University of Minnesota Golden Gophers - More of a subtle change to Minnesota. I liked how they used a thin outline around the M logo... so I tried to bring that in with the uniforms and numbers. Then yellow fields are new, but I tried to incorporate the thing outline, similar to the thin stripes on their current set.

PrimaryUniformscopy-1.png?t=1291749006

I'm not sure how I feel about the numbers inside the yellow fields on the shirt. How about some feedback? Should I keep the numbers inside the yellow fields or move them between the yellow fields and the neckline?

I'm not sure how I feel about the numbers inside the yellow fields on the shirt. How about some feedback? Should I keep the numbers inside the yellow fields or move them between the yellow fields and the neckline?

No, I like it that way. Although, I would like to see the numbers on the front and back of the white jersey to be maroon with a yellow outline. Right now, there's too much yellow. But keep the yellow fields.

25yzwqg.png

University of Arkansas Razorbacks - I'm not a big fan of monochrome, but I though the Razorbacks would be able to pull it off. I modified the shoulders on both shirts and added a similar pattern for the pants. I think by adding the Cardinal spaces on the shoulders and waist, it breaks up the monochrome while still keeping a clean look.

PrimaryUniforms-3.png?t=1292299562

Arkansas does work well. The red shoulder patches absolutely break up the mono. I'm usually no fan of the butt-striping that comes along with some pro-combat stuff, but you used an angular design that compliments your shoulder striping. I'd like to see red pants for a number of reasons but I don't have anything I'd change about your concept here.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

I second what Kenny said. It's a great design but it would be made even better with the addition of red pants.

Also, can you send me a PNG or JPG of the frog skin that you used? Doing the frog skin is the only obstacle stopping me from finishing my TCU images for Wikipedia.

I certainly appreciate you taking on Arkansas, especially this early in your series. Also, I like the effort you put into it, a couple of things I would say though.

1. The Hog logo is a bit too big.

2. The black just doesn't work for Arkansas, I like you thinking outside of the box, but as a Hog fan, I don't really dig on the black.

dolphins2.png

I did a small update for Minnesota. The numbers on the shoulders seemed too crunched inside the yellow fields. So I took them out and switched the numbers. I think it makes for a less eye-sore of a look... cleaner:

PrimaryUniforms-2.png?t=1292299586

Anyone have any requests for the next team? If it's on my master list, I will. But as of right now, I am leaning towards Tennessee or Penn State.

UCONN did not make the cut. Keep an eye out for Tennessee tonight. I am eliminating some possibilities for the uniforms and trying to determine the layout of the colors and whether I will be utilizing black at all.

UCONN did not make the cut. Keep an eye out for Tennessee tonight. I am eliminating some possibilities for the uniforms and trying to determine the layout of the colors and whether I will be utilizing black at all.

Really? They only manage to win the Big East and are playing in the Fiesta Bowl

3535rx3.jpg

Archived