Ohio State 2012 Pro Combat (2011 if nike was smart)

TaylorGangorDie

Almost every alumn and player from OSU calls Ohio State, "Thee" Ohio State University (yes i meant to spell it that way). Its just the way people call it. I really dont understand how its douchy to say it that way. The emphasis that TaylorGangorDie put on "THE" was most likely to make it sound like "Thee".

Exactly. That is the douchy part.

I really dont under stand how that is douchy but OK.

It makes people who say it sound very full of themselves, and the University. It is a very pompous way to refer to OSU.

Its the way it was named and thats the way its been called for over 100 years so i really don't see anything wrong with that. Its not like it was made up in the last 30 years or something to sound cool like "The U".

It may be named that, but I'm sure people have not always been saying it THEE Ohio State University. So in that way, it is very similar to "The U". It really wouldn't be an issue if people stop putting emphasis on "THE"

Yes, people have been calling it Thee since it became a university. Its not like its a new word or anything. If you knew anything about the english language you would know that that word has been around for a long long time.

This is the last time I will repeat this because arguing with Buckeye fans is like arguing with my 3-year old nephew.

What is the name of your school?

ohio_state_university_iphone_wallpaper.jpg

It is The University of Ohio State.

It is not THE University of Ohio State.

It is not Thee University of Ohio State.

Pronounce your name as you have named it.

TaylorGangorDie, sorry to derail your thread. Your concept is nicely done, not very original, but it does the job nicely for what you tried to do. Good work.

This is the last time I will repeat this because arguing with Buckeye fans is like arguing with my 3-year old nephew.

What is the name of your school?

TaylorGangorDie, sorry to derail your thread. Your concept is nicely done, not very original, but it does the job nicely for what you tried to do. Good work.

The can be pronounced either way. Im just spelling it the other way so you get my point.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/the?&qsrc=

go to link and press the speaker button and listen to what it says

Say, "The Ohio State University" out loud. Go on, wherever you are, just sit there and say it. If it makes you feel any better, say "sucks" after it. Notice that the only way to really pronounce the word, "The", is to emphasize the "e" sound since the following word begins with a vowel? Trying to pronounce it "Th' Ohio State University" doesn't flow and sounds like you have a stutter.

Yes, it's kind of pretentious to say it louder than the rest of the sentence (I'd put the emphasis on "Ohio", myself, lest anyone should mistake me from a Michigander... but that's me) but no different to "The U", "War Eagle", or spelling a two-letter word "G-E-A-U-X".

Getting back to the concept, this is what the Buckeyes should look like for every home game, period. Looks great.

teamlogossig.png

There comes a point when you don't stand for the constant heartbreak anymore, and walk away.

To everyone who made comments on the concept, thanks. I wasn't trying to make it extreme or anything like that, just exactly like '02 with the current pro combat jersey "cut".

And I'm not trying to continue the bickering or whatever because anybody associated with the Buckeyes will call it what we want. Just like any other school, we're going to argue for our side, so you would do the same if it was The University of Michigan or whatever.

Okay, TP. It's The Ohio State University lol (just trying to get your goat)

To everyone who made comments on the concept, thanks. I wasn't trying to make it extreme or anything like that, just exactly like '02 with the current pro combat jersey "cut".

And I'm not trying to continue the bickering or whatever because anybody associated with the Buckeyes will call it what we want. Just like any other school, we're going to argue for our side, so you would do the same if it was The University of Michigan or whatever.

Okay, TP. It's The Ohio State University lol (just trying to get your goat)

The way they have 'T • H • E' up top there makes it look like it has that emphasis, at least to me. That particular logo makes it look like THE Ohio State University to me, which is where the whole arrogant emphasis on 'The' started, I believe, right around the time that logo came into widespread use.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

And going on like that about calling it THE Ohio State is pretty douchey as well. As for the problem of the game being in Michigan next year, he quite clearly addresses that, but perhaps from looking at your avatar, I shouldn't be surprised that you would find words confusing.

As for the concept, apart from the slight pixilation, it looks nice. It's a good clean throwback to the '02 team. It almost seems too recent and not enough of a drastic change to warrant a throwback, but it works if done as part of the 10th anniversary like was suggested.

Haha... getting called out by someone with 11 posts. Nice. I think your sarcasm detector needs a check up. And why should I find words confusing... I mean, its not like the University of Michigan is an academically prestigious school when compared to OSU... oh wait.

Secondly, sorry if I missed his sentence at the end of his three paragraph of ramblings that could be summed up "Well, the tenth anniversary of OSU's BCS championship is coming up and if Nike has thrown back to older championships, it would be the perfect time to throwback to these."

Now take your skittles and go back to lurking.

The title of the thread is also "Ohio State 2012 Pro Combat," so you didn't actually have to read the three paragraphs to know this isn't for next year. Whoops.

Oh yeah, and I like the concept as well. It would work perfect in 2012 for the 10 year anniversary.

This is my first concept I have ever made and I did it for the school I attend, THE Ohio State University.

I don't care how many other OSU fans try to help you justify this, but calling yourself "THE" Ohio State University makes you seem like an incredible douche. Hang around with the Longhorns much?

Seriously, that is the actual name of the school. It's not some affectation.

EDIT: Sorry about that. In my rush to defend my alma mater I didn't see that the point had already been made. But since I'm here...I'll tell you what sounds ridiculous. When the players on SNF use "Thee" in front of a school like Virginia Tech or USC. They think they're copying us but they just sound stupid.

BB52Big.jpg

In my rush to defend my alma mater I didn't see that the point had already been made. But since I'm here...I'll tell you what sounds ridiculous. When the players on SNF use "Thee" in front of a school like Virginia Tech or USC. They think they're copying us but they just sound stupid.

The way they have 'T ? H ? E' up top there makes it look like it has that emphasis, at least to me. That particular logo makes it look like THE Ohio State University to me, which is where the whole arrogant emphasis on 'The' started, I believe, right around the time that logo came into widespread use.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsbQrS6yC4A haha...I love my fellow buckeyes. O-H!

btw are any of you going to the sugar bowl?

Archived