My NASCAR Concepts

robo

heheheehhe nascar

I absolutely cannot stand nascar anymore. A few of these were done years ago, the Nationwide cars are fairly new. The Lescare car was the first design I did that uctually made the track in the "then" Busch series driven by Mike Mclaughlin, was a chevy instead of a Ford.

heheheehhe nascar

I absolutely cannot stand nascar anymore. A few of these were done years ago, the Nationwide cars are fairly new. The Lescare car was the first design I did that uctually made the track in the "then" Busch series driven by Mike Mclaughlin, was a chevy instead of a Ford.

i agree so much! and by thee way very nice job!

16hw9rr.jpg

My asinine tweets: https://twitter.com/Milla_Nilla

Well I was going to compliment you on your really fine work but since you hate NASCAR so much...

Seriously though, I really like all of them. Since I live near the place, I thought the Cedar Point car was especially cool. Too bad you hate the sport so much. NASCAR has driven away a lot of fans over the past couple years.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Never seen Nascar concepts here, that's pretty cool.

I've often wondered why we don't see many NASCAR concepts here. Is there a sport that better lends itself to all the talent for concepts around here? I would think designing a race car would give you so many more options than a uniform does.

BB52Big.jpg

Thanks guys. I grew up watching in the 80's and 90's, when to me it was unbelievable racing. I think it has gotten away from what made it popular and pretty much left the fans that made it what it was. They took the most popular race the Southern 500, other than the Daytona 500 and moved that date to Calif at the time. It was about money. The racing is boring now and I just don't have an interest in it anymore. I still love the old days. I never missed a race in the 90's. I still enjoy designing them when I get a chance. I mostly design them now for my online racing league I race in.

I've often wondered why we don't see many NASCAR concepts here. Is there a sport that better lends itself to all the talent for concepts around here? I would think designing a race car would give you so many more options than a uniform does.

Seriously? NASCAR? The best way to arrange 300 tiny ads? Its the sports equivalent of laying out a village parish new letter.

Seriously? NASCAR? The best way to arrange 300 tiny ads? Its the sports equivalent of laying out a village parish new letter.

It's not just a blank car with ads though, each car has a unique design and paint scheme that a lot can be done with.

And I think this a great thread as well. I used to design cars all the time (on paper), and I think all the designs and paint schemes is what originally got me interested when I was a little kid.

Yes. Seriously. There's more to a paint scheme than just sponsors.

Was there really a good reason to be an ass about it? I could say the same thing about soccer "kits" or whatever those pansy ass things are that pose as uniforms (ads and all) and I could add that soccer is :censored:-ing stupid. But I didn't.

BB52Big.jpg

Thanks guys. I grew up watching in the 80's and 90's, when to me it was unbelievable racing. I think it has gotten away from what made it popular and pretty much left the fans that made it what it was. They took the most popular race the Southern 500, other than the Daytona 500 and moved that date to Calif at the time. It was about money. The racing is boring now and I just don't have an interest in it anymore. I still love the old days. I never missed a race in the 90's. I still enjoy designing them when I get a chance. I mostly design them now for my online racing league I race in.

Believe it or not, the racing is better now and the sport is more competitive, race to race anyway, than it ever was in the 80's and 90's. Just saying...

BB52Big.jpg

Was there really a good reason to be an ass about it? I could say the same thing about soccer "kits" or whatever those pansy ass things are that pose as uniforms (ads and all) and I could add that soccer is :censored:-ing stupid. But I didn't.

ha. breath... sorry my opinion got 'y'all rilled up'. in my opinion, this is not a paint job, it is an advert:

nascar-cat22.jpg

and before you think im relying on cheap jingoism to make a point, so is this:

3165901397_9a24fa69d8.jpg

and this too:

mls-teams-usa-adidas-09-10-new-york-red-bulls-away.jpg

but to compare the 'm n' m's' car to the barcelona/ man untied/ ac milan kit is totally disingenuous. the strip cam first, then the main sponsor. there certainly isnt the total covering of the kit in soccer that you find in NASCAR and there tends to be one primary sponsor on the front of the shirt, perhaps occasionally some smaller ones on the sleeves, but (teams like red bull aside, ad covering tends to be less than the 50% id expect to see on a car livery. id be happy to listen to a cogent argument as to why this is not the case, that im drawing an arbitrary line in the san, making a false dichotomy/ straw man argument, but simply stating 'There's more to a paint scheme than just sponsors.' isn't one.

the rest of your reply was taken up admonishing me for being an ass before making derogatory (and possibly slightly homophobic) remarks about a sport you clearly feel i have a vested interest in. (if it makes you feel more sanguine about my recreational preferences, ive been a rugby player and fan since childhood. youd love it, its all about taking other peoples land by force!). your opinion of 'soccer' being ':censored:ing stupid' really says nothing about the sport itself, its global popularity or the question at hand, in the same way that describing NASCAR as hillbillies driving in circles (or ovals, whatever) is a non-sequitur to my references.

ha. breath... sorry my opinion got 'y'all rilled up'. in my opinion, this is not a paint job, it is an advert:

nascar-cat22.jpg

and this too:

but to compare the 'm n' m's' car to the barcelona/ man untied/ ac milan kit is totally disingenuous. the strip cam first, then the main sponsor. there certainly isnt the total covering of the kit in soccer that you find in NASCAR and there tends to be one primary sponsor on the front of the shirt, perhaps occasionally some smaller ones on the sleeves, but (teams like red bull aside, ad covering tends to be less than the 50% id expect to see on a car livery. id be happy to listen to a cogent argument as to why this is not the case, that im drawing an arbitrary line in the san, making a false dichotomy/ straw man argument, but simply stating 'There's more to a paint scheme than just sponsors.' isn't one.

the rest of your reply was taken up admonishing me for being an ass before making derogatory (and possibly slightly homophobic) remarks about a sport you clearly feel i have a vested interest in. (if it makes you feel more sanguine about my recreational preferences, ive been a rugby player and fan since childhood. youd love it, its all about taking other peoples land by force!). your opinion of 'soccer' being ':censored:ing stupid' really says nothing about the sport itself, its global popularity or the question at hand, in the same way that describing NASCAR as hillbillies driving in circles (or ovals, whatever) is a non-sequitur to my references.

Wow. All that because I thought "Seriously? NASCAR?" was a bit condescending. Nice retort though. I find it flattering that you went to so much trouble.

With regard to soccer's popularity all I can say is that American Idol is popular too. That doesn't make it any less stupid. That aside, my point was that I don't go out of my way to drop in on the soccer concept threads just to tell people how stupid I think they are.

BB52Big.jpg

nascar-cat22.jpg

and this too:

Wow. All that because I thought "Seriously? NASCAR?" was a bit condescending. Nice retort though. I find it flattering that you went to so much trouble.

With regard to soccer's popularity all I can say is that American Idol is popular too. That doesn't make it any less stupid. That aside, my point was that I don't go out of my way to drop in on the soccer concept threads just to tell people how stupid I think they are.

I didn't dump on someone's concept and I have nothing against anyones NASCAR concepts (which is why I checked out the thread). I just replied to you and your post: "I would think designing a race car would give you so many more options than a uniform does." It was you that ignored or misinterpreted my point regarding the amount of ads you have to contend with, leapt aboard your mighty high horse and headed for the the moral high ground to defend the honor of robo. Glad you liked my post. Sorry you ignored the points I made again.

Archived