NFL.COM selling Fake Replica Jerseys?

DOech714

This is a Replica Jersey the Eagles wear....

http://www.nflshop.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3454034&cp=2237513&view=all&lmdn=Type&pageType=family&parentPage=family

This is a jersey that is on NFL.COM, as u can see its diff, there is no ealges name logo above the number, the collar is white and no black strip on the arm

http://www.nflshop.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11043959&cp=716629.2237513&view=all&lmdn=Type&pageType=family&parentPage=family

Phils2.pngPhils_Primary.pngPhils4.pngPhils3.png

I was schooled on the matter this time last year. Here's that thread:

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=70514&view=findpost&p=1256945

It's got the reasons why you're seeing what you're seeing, including that Eagles question.

That being said, it's disgraceful that they sell it for as much as a "real" replica...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

http://www.nflshop.c...rentPage=family

This is a jersey that is on NFL.COM, as u can see its diff, there is no ealges name logo above the number, the collar is white and no black strip on the arm

Brief summary - late in the year when they know who is going to make the playoffs, if they didn't produce enough of those teams' jerseys or if there is a player (Vick for example) who wasn't one of the mass-produced ones from early on, they simply take the Raiders template (since it is as plain as it gets and can be adapted for most of the teams (albeit in bastardized form in some cases)) and put the playoff team's numbers, wordmark, and logos on it. They simply screen the sleeve detail on so if it's a logo patch, it looks normal, but in the Jets' case (and a couple of others) it looks weird because they just treat the sleeve detail as if it was a patch as opposed to a different-colored panel. That's why there's not colored cuffs or looping stripes or some of the other "features" that the regular replicas offer.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'd hate to hijack a thread, but I have a related question, so I thought this would be better than a new thread. I bought a jersey from NFL.com as an X-mas gift for someone. They wanted a white Ronde Barber jersey. Unfortunately, they don't have any, so I had to buy it as a custom jersey. They were running a special, so I figured I'd get myself one too. When I got it, I thought it was quite different than any other replica jersey I've seen/had. The jersey itself seems like it's made of a lighter material, and the numbers seem like they're printed with an extra thick layer of ink. Plus, it smells like crayons. Washing it didn't do anything. Is this how all replica jerseys are now, or is there a difference in quality between customized jerseys and pre-made jersey?

First of all, that's just a picture, the picture isn't always the final product. Until you order it, then you don't know that it's different.

Second, I don't know what your talking about with the wordmark over the numbers, both jerseys have it.

(Sorry if that came off sounding mean, I wasn't trying, I promise.)

2ry0jsl.jpg

Fast. Hard. Finish.

27ywuoi.jpg

The differences on the cheaper jersey are:

There's a V neck and is missing the NFL equipment patch.

The mesh is softer (feels cheaper).

The black stripe is missing off the sleeve.

There are no numbers on the sleeve

The side isn't the "silky" solid material, it's mesh the full way around.

The side doesn't have the cut at the bottom, it's shaped more like a t-shirt

The NFL player name/number tag is different

There is no nameplate

21dh5qp.png

The OP is not talking about the JCPenny / Walmart* / Boscovs cheap jerseys. Those don't have TV numbers or the NFL Equip Shield. The OP is talking about exactly what I posted above. Actual $80 replicas that are simply printed on a blank generic jersey. To whomever said "you don't know what it looks like until you get it" - that is true - but rest assured that this late in the year, it could very easily actually look like that. those jerseys are all over stores here, as the regular supply of "real" replicas has long since been depleted.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'd hate to hijack a thread, but I have a related question, so I thought this would be better than a new thread. I bought a jersey from NFL.com as an X-mas gift for someone. They wanted a white Ronde Barber jersey. Unfortunately, they don't have any, so I had to buy it as a custom jersey. They were running a special, so I figured I'd get myself one too. When I got it, I thought it was quite different than any other replica jersey I've seen/had. The jersey itself seems like it's made of a lighter material, and the numbers seem like they're printed with an extra thick layer of ink. Plus, it smells like crayons. Washing it didn't do anything. Is this how all replica jerseys are now, or is there a difference in quality between customized jerseys and pre-made jersey?

I asked the same question a few days ago and the consensus was that the white replicas are ever so slightly different. Look for a topic started by me about Jacksonville jerseys for some of the differences.

Brief summary - late in the year when they know who is going to make the playoffs, if they didn't produce enough of those teams' jerseys or if there is a player (Vick for example) who wasn't one of the mass-produced ones from early on, they simply take the Raiders template (since it is as plain as it gets and can be adapted for most of the teams (albeit in bastardized form in some cases)) and put the playoff team's numbers, wordmark, and logos on it. They simply screen the sleeve detail on so if it's a logo patch, it looks normal, but in the Jets' case (and a couple of others) it looks weird because they just treat the sleeve detail as if it was a patch as opposed to a different-colored panel. That's why there's not colored cuffs or looping stripes or some of the other "features" that the regular replicas offer.

Following that logic, how is it that the Pats are able to continue to get new, regular replicas, of players who weren't mass-produced at the beginning of the year? Hernandez and Spikes jerseys were added within the last month and this week Woodhead came in. Hell, they even put up a Woodhead red throwback on the site yesterday. McCourty jerseys are on order.

If Reebok can make these...why the need for the late-season cheapies?

spikes.jpg

I asked the same question a few days ago and the consensus was that the white replicas are ever so slightly different. Look for a topic started by me about Jacksonville jerseys for some of the differences.

Saw it, thanks! I feel better about buying it now.

Archived