Play/Moment/Story of the Year for 2010?

nash61

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Story: Either LeBron/Heat or Tiger. Personally don't care about either one, but there's no debating that both stories dominated the headlines for the year.

Moment: Saints winning the Super Bowl.

Game: USA vs Canada. Pool play or finals, either time, really. Both games were pure amazement.

Play: Jim Joyce's perfect game blown call.

Play of the Year: The Saints' aptly-named special-teams play "Ambush". (Amazed it hasn't already been nominated. Deserves the honor for its perfect execution and sheer audacity, not to mention being the turning point in the Super Bowl.)

Game of the Year: Olympic men's ice hockey gold medal game.

Moment of the year: Duke men's lacrosse team, four seasons removed from bogus rape scandal that nearly killed the program, winning NCAA title on

Story of the Year: Tiger Woods' fall from grace. (Brett Favre's fall is a close second.)

CCSLC signature.png

Overall

Play of the Year: Crosby's goal.

Game: Gold Medal game. I've watched a lot of hockey in my days, but that was one of the best games I've ever seen. Shame the good guys lost.

Moment: Drew Brees with his son on the Super Bowl podium

story: the decision. easily

Personal favorites:

Play of the year: Jay Bruce's walk off home run to win the NL Central

Game: Bruins-Flyers game 7. If this were an NBA series it would've gotten so much attention it would've been crazy. It gets no pub, but think about how crazy it was. A team was down 3 games to none then forced game 7. Then once in game 7 they were down 3 goals to none. They came back and won the game and series 4-3. That's unbelievable.

Moment: Ohio University beating Georgetown in the first round of the NCAA Tournament. I pick this one just because of what I experienced moments after the game ended. shameless plug: you can read about it in my blog link in sig.

Story: The New Orleans Saints or Butler in the NCAA tournament, but that would've been a better story had Duke not ruined it for everyone.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Nominations are now closed.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Bump.

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

"Nominations" are now closed... but you're bumping it?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

"Nominations" are now closed... but you're bumping it?

Because there's now a poll to vote on.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I realize that the nominations are over, but I think the play of the year was the one that knocked Brett Favre out and hopefully ended his career and out of our lives forever. Now ESPN is going to have to cover something else during football season... like football!

I realize that the nominations are over, but I think the play of the year was the one that knocked Brett Favre out and hopefully ended his career and out of our lives forever. Now ESPN is going to have to cover something else during football season... like football!

I SO would have voted for it! Shoulda nominated it!

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived