NCAA...Flag Football?

knnhrvy16

So during the fall and I think the spring, Utah State (as does many other universities I'm sure) has flag football tournaments held on campus. I walked by a few games myself on my way to class a couple times, and it was really fun to watch. I got to thinking after a while, what if Flag Football was an official NCAA sport? Now, I'm totally all for tackle football, I'm not one of those safety advocates that would de-volve the sport into basically touch football. But I've always had fun playing flag, and given the intramural sucess of the sport, I think it'd be cool for the NCAA to adopt it (seperate from tackle football, of course. There's no way I'd want tackle to be de-volved).

So....I bring you an NCAA Flag Football concept. I've started with my current school, Utah State. I don't know how many I'll do or which teams I'll design, but I wanted to throw this out there to see what you guys thought.

About this particular concept: From what I've gathered here on campus, alot of people want Utah State to go the classic route in football again. What they have now is okay, but it's not particularly great either. Before the 2000's came along, Utah State usually wore pretty simple uniforms. After talking with the USU alums in my family, and gathering thier input on what an Aggie football team should look like, I decided to go simple too. The top is nearly identical to the uniform worn two years ago, which was in my opinion, a great look for them. The shorts, however, are a little different. The design is meant to mimic the Old Main, which features a large "A" on the top.

Here's a picture of Old Main for feference:

Old%20Main.JPG

The shorts are interchangeable, as well as the socks. Anyways, here it is:

NCAAFlagFootballUtahState.png

What do you guys think? As I said before, I'm not sure who to do next, but some ideas for teams are in my head and I may go ahead and crank one or more out soon. C&C is much appreciated as always!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Thanks Bigmike!

I'm glad you posted actually, because one of the teams I was thinking of doing was Alabama, and I decided to go ahead and do them. It'll be up shortly!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

This is great because there is no rules. No "Tradition". You can just let your imagination go wild. I love this. Do you mind if I vectorize this template?

Go right ahead, no problem!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

Alabama Crimson Tide

With Alabama, I wanted to keep a little bit of simplicity (from what I've seen, all of the Tide's athletic teams have pretty simple looks), but make it different all at the same time. I didn't see a whole lot of silver used with most of thier sports teams, so tried to use it well here. The numbers are based off of the ones used on the basketball uniforms, and to break the simplicity up a bit, I went with a more modern collar as well as a wordmark on the chest.

I promise, I won't be this simple with other teams down the road, as I realize that doing Flag Football gives more room for creativity and hope to take advantage of that. With these first two teams, I just thought these would be the best looks for them.

Anyways, Roll Tide:

NCAAFlagFootballAlabama.png

Arizona and Purdue are two teams I am thinking of right now, so you may see concepts from one or both here soon. Stay tuned, and thanks for viewing!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

I'll keep those teams in consideration, thanks for the suggestions!

Any comments on Alabama? Arizona will be next, and probably will be up sometime tomorrow.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

Thanks for the comments guys! I can tweak Alabama around if you guys would like, I sort of agree about the numbers. I was debating between the basketball numbers and block font, and thought I'd give the basketball numbers a go, but I can definetely change to block if you guys think it'd look better. Also, footyfumbler, what kind of stripes do you mean? Should I do two white stripes on crimson or one?

In the meantime...

Arizona Wildcats

This one was also semi-basketball inspired. I tried to match the numbers and script as best I couild to what is worn on the Wildcats' basketball unis, as I think they look pretty sharp. The uniform design itself also has some inspiration from the basketball uniform, but I tried to throw my own little touch into it. I gave Arizona red flags on both the home and away to try and counter the dominant navy and white on both uniforms:

NCAAFlagFootballArizona.png

I'll probably get the suggested USC and Michigan tackled next, followed by Purdue possibly, and/or TCU. Thanks for viewing, and let me know what you think!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

I pm'd you and you didn't answer, so I guess ask this here. Do you mind if I make some flag football concepts too?

Sorry about the delay, I've been on my iPod up till now and it didn't show your message for some reason. But I just got it, and go ahead no worries at all!

Anymore comments on Arizona or anyone else?

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

Arizona's is awesome. I love the basketball influence.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived