NCAA...Flag Football?

knnhrvy16

As I 'm looking at this, I'm wondering if there isn't anything that can be done to make these more distinctive. It seems to me like the concepts so far are simplified football jersey's. One of the things I like most about this idea is that there is no 'tradition' (as was said earlier). Can flag football have it's own design elements where you know right away that it's a flag football uniform when you see it?

I'm not saying sacrifice aesthetic quality for unique-ness, I'd just like to see something to set these apart.

I see what you're saying Phlash, and to answer your question, the unique thing about Flag Football is that, while the tops are usually football-style jerseys and designed in the same manner, basketball-like shorts are nearly always worn with them, creating an interesting look. What I'm aiming to do with my concepts (Alabama being an exception, as I aimed to make that more of a football look) is to bring that out in the set, by making the shorts a little more basketball styled. I pull it off a little better I think in these next three upcoming concepts, but the idea I have is a football-style top, and a basketball-styled bottom, with elements to connect the two of course.

I've decided to act on the requests of USC, Michigan, and Illinois, and I now bring you those three, starting with..

USC Trojans

I tried to pull a more modern design off for the Trojans that somewhat resembled the old Keyshawn-era uniforms. I also wanted to use more white in the uniforms, as though the maroon and gold look great together, it sometimes needs white to liven it up a bit.

NCAAFlagFootballUSC.png

Michigan Wolverines

Well, this is a design I've been wanting to crank out for Michigan football for SO long, but me being a traditionalist, I couldn't bring myself to do it for regular football, as I didn't think it'd recieve well. But, with an opportunity to do something out of the box here, I decided to act. The sleeves are supposed to look like a side-view of the winged helmet. I'm not sure if I pulled it off okay, and I'm not sure if I got the maize color right, but hopefully it looks alright.

NCAAFlagFootballMichigan.png

And, last but not least...

Illinois Fighting Illini

There's not too much to say with the Illini, other than I found an opportunity with them to go crazy with the socks. I liked what I had in the white sock design, but I figured, why stop there? So I pulled out a blue pair and an orange pair (which when paired with either the home or away set, look really good I think).

NCAAFlagFootballIllinois.png

Tell me what you think, and thanks for viewing!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

These last 3 are great! I have a friend who is a huge Illinois fan so I don't really like Illinois but those uniforms are beautiful! I like the idea behind Michigan's too, thats a great idea and you executed it very well! Do you think you could also do Duke?

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

All three of those are fantastic.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I see what you're saying Phlash, and to answer your question, the unique thing about Flag Football is that, while the tops are usually football-style jerseys and designed in the same manner, basketball-like shorts are nearly always worn with them, creating an interesting look. What I'm aiming to do with my concepts (Alabama being an exception, as I aimed to make that more of a football look) is to bring that out in the set, by making the shorts a little more basketball styled. I pull it off a little better I think in these next three upcoming concepts, but the idea I have is a football-style top, and a basketball-styled bottom, with elements to connect the two of course.

Ok I see what you're saying now. I'm not one to look at many basketball concepts so it never really clicked, but that makes total sense. I have a feeling that the more of these you do, the more the distinct elements will work there way as you figure what works and what doesn't. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Thanks for the comments guys, much appreciated!

I'm just lettin you guys know that there may be a delay of a couple days or so, but the thread isn't done yet. I'm just visiting some family before I head back to school, and my computer isn't with me at the moment (I'm using my iPod right now). By Thursday I should be back, so stay tuned!

I like the Duke request, and they'll definitely be a team I tackle. Purdue and TCU are others, and possibly Ole Miss.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Thanks for the comments guys, much appreciated!

I'm just lettin you guys know that there may be a delay of a couple days or so, but the thread isn't done yet. I'm just visiting some family before I head back to school, and my computer isn't with me at the moment (I'm using my iPod right now). By Thursday I should be back, so stay tuned!

I like the Duke request, and they'll definitely be a team I tackle. Purdue and TCU are others, and possibly Ole Miss.

These are definitely cool. I always enjoyed playing flag football myself, even though I still played tackle.

Sorry if this is very random (and don't report me BigMac), and a little off topic, but since you attend Utah State, I was wondering if you're familiar with one of the kickers, #99 Nick Diaz?

He went to my school and was a teammate of mine.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Archived