Reported Potential Wha Team Names...

Brian in Boston

Rumors as to the team identities for the new WHA's member franchises have begun to surface. So far, initial indications are:

* The SkyDome-based franchise is expected to be named the Toronto Toros...

* The Silverdome-based franchise is expected to be named the Detroit Daredevils...

* The Le Colisee-based franchise is expected to be named the Quebec Nordics.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to ask...why in god's name would anyone even consider either the Silverdome or SkyDome for hockey?

that vented, nice to hear the Toros name coming back. maybe the Nordics could use, erm, the Nordiques' unused logo :hockeysmiley: you know, since they never used it.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Rumors as to the team identities for the new WHA's member franchises have begun to surface. So far, initial indications are:

* The Silverdome-based franchise is expected to be named the Detroit Daredevils...

Did Maple Leaf Gardens get demo'ed? Cuz I don't get how they think the TV cameras are gonna see anything but blue plastic if they play at SkyDome.

Same with Detroit. The Red Wings ain't using the Palace at Auburn Hills.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Two things that stand in the way of the new WHA coming into those cities.

Detroit has been Red Wing "Hockeytown" for the longest time, and I don't think anyone would be playing at SkyDome because the ice would have to be melted and remade every time there's a Argos or Blue Jays game or a concert. I guess the ideal way would to be putting franchises in cities that don't have NHL teams like Hartford, Greensboro, Birmingham, Houston, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Quebec, Winnipeg and San Diego to name a few.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

I hear what everyone is saying about the wisdom of setting up shop in the domes. However, the owners in both Toronto and Detroit are deep into negotiations (if they haven't, in fact, already completed them) on leases in the aforementioned facilities. Toronto and Detroit are apparently a "go" in those two facilities.

God help us all.

What about Cobo Arena in Detroit????

What about Expo Place where Roadrunners play in Toronto or even St. Mikes????

What the heck is Expo Place? I've been to two Roadrunners games and never have even heard of Expo Place.

;) * c'mon hockey genius! ;) *

And besides the arena for St Mikes holds like 1,200 fans, might as well play in local community rink

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

What about Cobo Arena in Detroit????

What about Expo Place where Roadrunners play in Toronto or even St. Mikes????

i wouldn't let my dog play hockey at cobo, and i don't even have a dog...the place was terrible when the pistons played there in the 70's and it's terrible now....seriously, have you ever seen the place? it's garbage! pure, garbage!

The Toronto Toros

The Detroit Detros

The Quebec Ques

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Detroit Dump

them's fighting words young man! :cursing:

Well not for the city, just the silverdome. It will look like a dump with all those empty seats.

here i'll redeem myself "Go Tigers!"

ewwwwww, i need a shower now.......

the silverdome is in Pontiac, about 30 miles from Detroit. Pontiac is a dump and i take offense to any team that plays outside of the Detroit city limits calling themselves the Detroit (Insert Name Here)s, Pistons included.

the Pontiac Dump is much more apropos.

Archived