NFL divisional championship trophies

smith03

The trophies could all just have one name, and there could be 8 versions of it, so it would read like

The Eagles, won the Tagliabue (or whatever) trophy for the NFC East, are squaring off against the Seahawks, who won the Tagliabue for the NFC West (or the West's Tagliabue).

Actually, I kinda like "Tagliabue". Players in late-season games could be all like "we gonna go out there and win us the Tag". Or "let's go get that Tag!"

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

While I think that the names that the OP listed are silly, I don't think that the idea of some kind of prize for a division winner is silly.

It bothers me (relatively speaking) that baseball teams recognize their division titles on flags or on the outfield wall, and for the most part, fans can name every year of their lifetime that their team won the division (granted, for some of us that's much less to remember than others), but football teams barely even recognize these things since the WC has rendered the division crown next to meaningless.

Something to put in a display case at an in-stadium team "museum", or maybe a flag system, or even banners plastered on the side wall coverings would suffice for me. Any flag raising ceremony thing is cool for the fans (except for WC - that's just dumb.)

Is the Seahawks' big win the exception that proves the rule?

Also, Qwest Field has banners hanging. Granted, the stadium was built with a porch to make that feasible, but it has been done.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Not sure where the banners are at Quest, but isn't the stadium kind of like a dome (at least over the seating area) to keep people dry? I don't think it's uncommon at dome stadiums, but I'd wager that >80% of the league's teams don't have or hang them.

As an Eagles fan, it would be nice to walk in and see some hardware, and not just be constantly reminded that there's no Lomardis on display. I don't expect the division trophy or the Bert Bell to be on display or anything (though it'd be cool), but at lest some recognition.

Also, what do the Seahawks banners look like? Do they have the record on them?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Trophies? Naw. They can buy their own banner and hang it up. Why would the NFL spend $ on a trophy? Waste of money!

Bowl games in college are different.

I agree that the Redskins would not want the Landry trophy - just keep hangin' the banner.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Why do you care about what the NFL spends its money on?

I agree that the Redskins would not want the Landry trophy

I'm sure the Packers are loathing the idea of lifting the Halas trophy...

Use you're brain, please.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I agree that the Redskins would not want the Landry trophy

I'm sure the Packers are loathing the idea of lifting the Halas trophy...

Use you're brain, please.

Unfortunate typo, there.

As for the Packers:

"It doesn't matter whose name is on it I guess," said AJ Hawk, Packers linebacker. "We just like to have it, but when it comes down to it that's not really our goal."

Archived