Steeler AFC Championship Banner

zoneranger

I work at the local newspaper as a graphic designer and recently we did a promotional banner to show support for the Steelers in the upcoming AFC championship game. Of course the back of the banner was sold to advertisers to promote their businesses. Anywho, there were several ideas that were not used for the banner and I though I'd post one so yinz guys could download and print to show their support for the Stillers. Here's a .JPG thumbnail preview. And also a link to a full page newspaper size (11.25" x 21.5") Enjoy!

steelerbanner2011nation.jpg

http://img9.imageshack.us/i/steelerbanner2011nation.pdf/

cfg.jpg41QN7ATP9VL._AA280_.jpg

Real Steelers fans apparently don't live in Pittsburgh, thus the "Steeler Nation".

:)

The American flag is too off colored for me to "like" the logo. (As much as I can like anything with the US Steel logo).

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

You mad because the Tribe is stylin' on you?

So did the people of Pittsburgh declare their independence or something

(Trash Talk Engage)

Also, if they put a sports logo on there flag, why not a good team like the Penguins or even the Pirates

(Trash Talk Disengage)

Signature.png

TrophyCase-1.png

Let's answer these one at a time....

1) The "Stillers" is how 50% of Steeler fans in Western PA pronounces "Steelers"

2) I didn't write the copy. The ad director did. Pretty lame huh?

3) I hope the Steelers take the Jets seriously. They are a good team, don't think the Jets are just going to mail it in.

4) The Pirates have been in the tank for almost two decades and still show no signs of digging out. The Penguins, on the other hand, give rise to the slogan...Pittsburgh, City of Champions,...and the Pirates.

5) By flag desecration, I hope you mean altering of the colors, because I never meant it to be a desecration of the United States flag. Anyone who remembers me from times when I used to be a regular here can vouch for my integrity. I meant to convey the image of toughness and strength. My flag symbolizes a great deal to me. And someday, God willing, I'll get to meet Rick Monday and thank him.

cfg.jpg41QN7ATP9VL._AA280_.jpg

Archived