Tampa Bay Lightning Concept

GFB

This is a very nice, clean concept, and the logo is sharp. I do agree with nash that my initial read was the Panthers secondary, but you could mess with the orientation of the stick/bolt so it looks different. The only issue I'm having with the uniform is that I feel it's riding the 'overly simplified traditional for traditional's sake' train that has taken the league by storm, with the like of Columbus', Nashville's and Florida's alternates and Phoenix's set.

They're the LIGHTNING, not the rain drops. I'd like to see some yellow, or electric blue or something thrown in for some contrast. The blue monotone-ness of it also reminds me of their baseball mates from down the road...

A nice blend of classic and modern. I hate that they're getting rid of black and silver, but if they design the uniforms close to this concept, I'll take it. I'm just afraid that we'll look like Toronto or a blue version of Detroit.

I believe there is talk of using a wordmark as the crest on the away jersey... so this is how I picture it.

LightningConcept2.png

If I have read the rumors correctly, and without them sitting right in front of me, I can't say that I have, the road crest will include the "TAMPA BAY," not "LIGHTNING," and just be placed on whatever they come up with as a home crest, not a wordmark on its own. Just my interpretations.

UniJ

This concept is just my interpretation of the information leaking out from Tampa Bay. I don't necessarily agree with eliminating the black and silver, but I wanted to show that it was possible to have a solid uniformed look that was still original and not just a Red Wings or Maple Leafs rip-off.

I would suggest looking up my old Lightning concept if you want to see these designs in the original colors.

I am not a big fan of the newer teams trying for that classic original 6 look. You can do a mix of both and still have a nice look.

Personally I would love to see the lighting go with a royal, black/navy and say neon green. The goal is to stand out not blend in.

Archived