Interesting Steelers Uniforms

knnhrvy16

I was checking out sportsecyclopedia for a while last night and came across these Steelers uniforms that I had never seen before:

regerpit.jpg

And it appears it was worn with the black helmet....

JHjohnsonpit.jpg

....But if my eyes are telling me right, this is the same uniform with the gold helmet (look at the color difference on the sleeves):

cbradshawpit.jpg

Then, there's this interesting one (they appear to be playing the Falcons, so I assume this is post-1966):

BNelsenPit.jpg

Does anyone know how long these were used, and when?

I have never seen these before in my life, but I actually rather like them alot. I wouldn't mind seeing that first one brought back as a throwback, perhaps Nike comes across it and makes an effort when they come?

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

FWIW, this is what Football Uniforms Past and Present has to say:

Pittsburgh62.gif

1963-66

Pittsburgh63.gif

Pittsburgh67.gif

Pittsburgh68.gif

Oh wow, that helps out a ton, thanks for posting! I didn't even know that site existed, I'm going to have to check that out. So it appears the gold-helmet uniform I saw must've been the '62 roads, and not the diamond-looking sleeve uniform. Thanks!

EDIT: Now that I take a look, I'd dare say the Steelers had better uniforms from 1962-68 than they have since then. I really like all of the designs, I'd take any one of them, but the 1963-66 set is my favorite of them all.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Gotta love how Pittsburgh incorporates the "triangle" into everything...including their sports uniforms. :P

(off-topic: Penguins...bring the triangle template jerseys back. Now.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived