NCAA Football Realignment Concept Project (ACC)

vicfurth

KSU actually went back to a classic look when Snyder came back. As far as the concept though, pretty nice, I have always thought they should do purple pants on the road and purple facemasks. I always thought they should drop the silver though, purple and white would be much nicer IMO.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed. Unless Notre Dame joins the B1G in its place, and Iowa State goes to..i don't know..the MAC. I do respect your new divisions though, rich with rivalries.

I like your concept but I think the Blue Home jersey with White pants, White away jersey with blue pants and alternate Red jersey with Blue pants would be a bomb set. Good work.

Thanks. They're all still there, just with extras added in. :)

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

TEXAS LONGHORNS

Honestly, creating a new uniform set for Texas can be a little challenging. Their look is classic and has hardly changed... Ever (I did my research, lol). So my dilemma is creating something fresh for Pro Combat that either keeps with current tradition or forsakes it completely. I opted for something completely fresh.

I stayed classic with the colors orange/white. The helmet is unchanged. I tossed around helmet numbers, but they just didn't work well for me. Ultimately, it's an orange logo on an all-white helmet. Nothing is different here.

The jerseys and pants are where the concept gets interesting. I took a small note from Oregon's shoulder wings. Now, before you go into a seizure, I didn't actually put wings on here. The new striping is inspired by the 'Horns' logo. I have a long curved stripe on either side of the collar and the bottom section of the collar is white (orange on the road). This gives the look of jersey horns. One other thing I changed was the number font. The jersey numbers now match the back helmet numbers, a la Pittsburgh Steelers. It's different but cool, I think.

Now for the pants. There is only one set of pants (white). There is a new stripe on the side that also borrows from the logo. The stripe gives the feeling of a horn on the side of the pants. It curves around to the back, but starts by the thigh pad. This is a stripe that has never been seen in the NCAA before.

There are only two uniform options:

White/Orange/White

All-White.

Have at it guys. :)

TexasLonghorns.png

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

MISSOURI TIGERS

Since Missouri is already a Pro Combat team, I had to come up with something bold and envelope-pushing (is that even a phrase?).

For me, the black/gold and black/yellow color schemes in college football are pretty played out. I also wanted something that one would see and instantly know that it is Missouri. With that in mind, I have a pretty interesting color scheme. I expanded on the Pro Combat duo-blacks (gun-metal and black) and added bright yellow to it. Missouri is one of the schools that seems to have trouble identifying with a certain shade of yellow (they have both athletic gold and old gold on their current uniforms). I wanted to unify that here.

The helmet is much different from the currents. I took the Pro Combat helmet and switched the black "M" for Missouri's tiger-head logo. The shell is the gun metal color and has a black facemask. I also added numbers to the front of the helmet. I put the on there to see how they looked, and I really liked it.

The jerseys are inspired by the Cincinnati Bengals. The home jerseys are gun metal with bright yellow, tiger-striped sleeves. I didn't add the side panels, though. I thought it cluttered the jersey and looked cleaner without them. I kept the sleeves yellow on the away and alternate to match an actual tiger more closely. The numbers are black and outlined in yellow. I really liked the look and thought it was more along the lines of a Pro Combat uniform.

The pants are interesting too. I have a little tiger striping down the leg, which goes with the overall theme of the set. The only colors of pants are gun metal or yellow.

Last but not least, we have the alternate jersey. I took the tiger striping from the sleeve and continued it up onto the shoulders. The jersey itself is the bright yellow with black stripes and gun metal numbers, outlined in black.

The potential color combos for the Missouri Tigers are:

-Gun metal/yellow

-Gun metal/gun metal

-White/yellow

-White/gun metal

-Yellow/gun metal

Make sure to tell me what you guys are thinking so far. These were fun to make.

MissouriTigers.png

MissouriTigers2.png

C/C? Please and thank you. :)

Two things:

1 - Black and Gold is overused some, but that problem wont be fixed by replacing black with gun metal. And I think Mussurah is fine with this scheme.

2 - You don't have to have tiger stripes on every team that's mascot is the tigers or the Bengals... It gets old way too fast.

Also I don't like italic number fonts... It just doesn't really work for me :P

I would go for Missouri again with a different aproach. Try and make the helmet unique, then follow from that.

Other than this one You have great concepts so far :) You have no clue how many times I've tried to incorporate horns into UT's jerseys XD

PPq00.png

Two things:

1 - Black and Gold is overused some, but that problem wont be fixed by replacing black with gun metal. And I think Mussurah is fine with this scheme.

2 - You don't have to have tiger stripes on every team that's mascot is the tigers or the Bengals... It gets old way too fast.

Also I don't like italic number fonts... It just doesn't really work for me :P

I would go for Missouri again with a different aproach. Try and make the helmet unique, then follow from that.

Other than this one You have great concepts so far :) You have no clue how many times I've tried to incorporate horns into UT's jerseys XD

I see your point about the tiger stripes. I actually didn't plan on doing that for every team. Missouri, I thought, was contemporary enough to pull off the stripes. Also, I felt that the dark gray and yellow would be an interesting combo. Maybe I'll come back to this after I run through the rest of these. :)

NEBRASKA CORNHUSKERS

Yes, this is the team that I put back in the Big XII in place of Iowa State, which was more controversial than I anticipated.

Nebraska recently changed their jerseys slightly, taking the numbers from the sleeves to the shoulders. For me, this was a mistake. Something about it looked really, really off to me. With that in mind, I looked to Nebraska's past for inspiration for the new uniforms (something I did a couple times in this conference). Trying to include a modern template for the 'Huskers would only conger up memories of the early '00s side-paneled monstrosities.

I created the helmet to feel the same as the old while bringing it up to date. I still have the classic white shell/red mask that created a good look for the viewer and used to spark fear in opponents. Two things have changed though. One, I put a double red stripe on the helmet, to better match the striping on the rest of the uniform. Two, I switched to Nebraska's serifed "N" rather than the simpler old one. I feel this modernized Nebraska yet kept the classic feel.

The jerseys were my biggest issue with the current set. Again, the numbers just don't look right to me on the shoulder, but it's nearly impossible to have a stripe/number combination on a sleeve anymore. I decided that a two-stripe on the shoulder looked best. It hearkens back to the late-60's/early 70's and really compliments the striping throughout. The sleeve cuffs are opposite-colored on both jerseys, to match the helmet a little more. I considered a black jersey (to honor the Black Shirt Defense), but figured that the conference has enough of them by now.

The pants are double-striped, with only red and white varieties. Potential color combos are:

Red/White

White/Red

White/White

NebraskaCornhuskers.png

Let me know what ya think. The Big XII is almost at the halfway point.

As a Nebraska fan I am just ok with these. While I am in the minority on the serifed N on the helmet (I actually wouldn't mind this change) I can tell you this WOULDN't go over well in Nebraska. If you really wanted to go into the past with the shoulder stripes I would recommend bringing the stripes all the way around instead of doing the Colts cutoff. Also if you want to draw on some of the past, put a red belt in the white pants, and white in the red. 2 glaring omissions from the current set, the patch on the shoulder and the "N" on the pants.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

I see what you mean about the N on the pants; I might add those later. As for the logo patch, I really don't like it too much. It clutters up their jersey, IMO. You gotta admit, though: They're much better than these...

2021494.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921F7C3FC3F69D929FDB789AD104EF9F9AE123A7AF266F50E9A7F5A0F9682B67FD0

Texas: It's good. I like it. 9/10

Missouri: I love this. The tiger stripes are awesome, and this just works really well. 10/10

Nebraska: As The Impaler said, these are just OK. Most of these are really good, so I'm sure you can come up with something groundbreaking for the Huskers. Corn pattern of some sort? 7/10 for now; keep working on it.

25yzwqg.png

I see what you mean about the N on the pants; I might add those later. As for the logo patch, I really don't like it too much. It clutters up their jersey, IMO. You gotta admit, though: They're much better than these...

2021494.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921F7C3FC3F69D929FDB789AD104EF9F9AE123A7AF266F50E9A7F5A0F9682B67FD0

Except for being all white on the road, I actually didn't mind the '03 outfits.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

Except for being all white on the road, I actually didn't mind the '03 outfits.

Interesting. I thought they weren't Nebraska at all when I first saw them. Oh well.

Next one up will be from the South division. Which should I unveil next?

I know the Texas and Missouri concepts are different from what each team traditionally wears every year, but I like them. I'm not a fan of either school neither but I think they could work on the field. Although the M Missouri helmets would make it better I believe but great work.

TCU HORNED FROGS

This marks the halfway point of the new Big XII. I'm still deciding on the next conference (I have eight after this one). Those are:

-Big East

-ACC

-PAC-14

-Great Lakes Conference

-SEC

-Midwestern Conference

-Conference-USA

-Rocky Mountain Conference

-Independents

It'll most likely be the Big East, with quite a few changes.

Back to TCU. I originally wanted a set that dialed it back to traditional TCU football. However, seeing that their best football days are either the 30's or now, I decided to keep them modern. This is also the first set where I altered the logos (besides colors).

The helmet is still purple and black. I went with the overhead frog logo. I felt it gave a really interesting look and it's actually a bit simpler than the current, almost sneering frog. The stripes follow the curve of the Revolution helmet. It's subtle (since it's black on purple), but would be a cool little detail that only Nike would try.

The jerseys seem simple, but upon closer inspection you see some lizard scaling on the shoulders and sleeves. I liked the idea of the skin from the current Pro Combats, but it comes off as, well, men wearing snake-skin pants. Hard look to pull off. The alternate black jersey was kept for big games.

The pants are straight black or purple. There is a small front hip logo, but there isn't much else to mention there.

Potential color combos are:

Purple/Black

Purple/Purple

White/Purple

Black/Purple (for big games or rivalry games)

TCU_HornedFrogs.png

Tell me what you guys think. Next one up is from Texas again.

For a set emphasizing the modern era of TCU football, that set is really simple. I do like it, though.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Thanks. I noticed that TCU doesn't technically have the most "tricked out" uniforms. However, they are still vastly different from the days when the Frogs would get killed 70-0 in the Southwest Conference days.

TEXAS A&M AGGIES

Ah, now we come to my official NCAA Football team (since UTA hasn't had one since the 80s). A&M is one of the more traditional schools in the conference, up there with Oklahoma and Nebraska (since they refuse to mentioned in the same sentence as Texas). I took a step away from traditional, though. This uniform set uses no white whatsoever (aside from road jersey), opting for a maroon/silver approach.

The helmet is essentially the same as the past 45 years (though they have tinkered with a white helmet at times). The difference between this and their current is the removal of white logo/facemask in favor of silver. Not gray, but painted silver. I thought about using the beveled logo, but the plain one looked better to me.

The jerseys are a mix between past and present. Currently, they use the new Adidas cut, which nearly eliminates the "TEXAS A&M" that has always been emblazoned on the front of the jersey. I really wanted to return to that because it screams "college football" to me. The numbers are the old serifed font, which I thought would look really nice as a contrast to the modern-style striping. The striping is supposed to represent the style of sword that corps members carry. This helps to bridge between the tradition of the school and the modern football uniform.

The pants continue the sword-striping theme with two tapers--one up and one down.

Potential combos are:

Maroon/Silver

Maroon/Maroon (once a year during the "Maroon Out" game)

White/Silver

White/Maroon

TexasAMAggies.png

C/C please! :D This one is one of my favorites.

Archived