NCAA Football Realignment Concept Project (ACC)

vicfurth

I'm surprised that you'd go with striping like that. It does look a lot like a pair of horns.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BAYLOR BEARS

Here's another two-color team. Lately, Baylor has gotten a tad nutty with the combos, helmet colors, Missouri-inspired template, etc. I wanted to simplify them yet not have a traditional look. The colors I chose were, obviously, green and gold.

I kept the home jerseys devoid of white (like I did with A&M). The collar has some added striping, almost like a couple claw marks that curl back along with the seam. The pants are the first in this project to have striping continue back to the back of the knee. The number font is actually custom to Baylor.

I would talk more, but I'm in a rush today. I'll let y'all talk about this one.

BaylorBears.png

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Probably so. I wanted to try something different, but they may be another that I re-visit later on.

OKLAHOMA SOONERS

For quite a while, Oklahoma has gone super simple with only striped pants and two colors. My thinking was that such a classic football powerhouse had to get its start somewhere, so I took this one waaaaaay back to the 50's. The Sooners won their first national football championship in 1950, so I wanted a uniform set that paid homage to that yet transcended to the present.

50392272.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=E41C9FE5C4AA0A147AB71FF6899D9ED7370DA240A3E0D4F600BCD7447D0D5CECE30A760B0D811297654890.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921F7C3FC3F69D929FD07A1248CC3C09B7AA9CF1618FA25A032B8F0BA0F2A336905

This is another set that uses no white. Rather, I went with Oklahoma's official colors of crimson and cream. In fact, this is my first non-white road set (it is all-cream). This is also the first appearance of northwestern striping (which Oklahoma wore in the 50s).

Potential colors are:

Crimson/Cream

Cream/Cream

OklahomaSooners.png

C/C guys! This one was simple, but really fun to do.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

SMU MUSTANGS

This one's a pretty simple design. I took it back to the pre-"Death Penalty" years, the glory days of SMU football. They look less like the Bills and more like, well, SMU.

Potential combos are:

Red/White

White/White

Blue/White

SMUMustangs.png

Nice idea with the cream for Oklahoma. Never knew cream was an official color for the school.

I also like the old school look for Baylor and SMU. I sort of remember the waning days of the 'Pony Express' and the program before the death penalty.

I thought someone might think that Baylor looked like Cal. I do appreciate any comments and support I can get, so thank you guys for taking the time to critique my designs. :)

OKLAHOMA STATE COWBOYS

I really like this set. I wanted a set that epitomized Oklahoma State football, which I feel is up-and-coming, fast, and modern. I tinkered with the idea of making a black primary jersey, but knew that orange was the way to go. Don't feel bad, though. I still kept black.

The pants striping have to be my favorite feature. The side has an unusual striped, but a closer look shows that it is, indeed, holsters on the side of the pants. It's a little nod to the western theme that the name "Cowboys" almost beckons.

Potential combos are:

Orange/White (either helmet)

White/Orange

White/White

Black/Black (with only black helmet)

OklahomaStateCowboys.png

For your Big XII sets, I say that Missouri and Texas are winners. The rest are so-so.

Nebraska - gotta agree with Impaler, the jersey patch is pretty much a must. No patch is like Miami without Orange.

Oklahoma - I'm not sold on the cream. And actually, Nebraska's official colors are Scarlet and Cream, so you could have technically done that with the Huskers, too.

Baylor - the away jersey is awesome. Not sold on the pants.

Oklahoma State - this one is fairly decent, actually. The black "shape" on the pants almost looks like a silhouette of the State of Oklahoma. Change it to that shape and it might be kinda cool.

A&M - the tones of maroon and gray are just kinda blah. I realize this is more of a problem with the school's color choice and not your concept, but I wish that A&M would ditch more of the gray and just go maroon and white.

SMU / TCU / Any other random Big XII teams you added are pretty good, but I don't really follow those teams so I'll reserve comment.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

TEXAS TECH RED RAIDERS

Texas Tech has always befuddled me. For a team called the Red Raiders, they sure love their black. Black is an important part of their scheme, though, so I didn't want to go away from that completely. With this set, I strove to find a balance between the two colors.

Most of the work on this concept is to the jersey and pants (I left the helmet untouched). Think of this as a sort of marriage between the Broncos' and Falcons' sets. I do have the side panels (Broncos) down the sides, but the pants' is turned toward the back of the knee to fit in with the overall Pro Combat theme. The stripes are also done in such a way to match whatever jersey they are paired with (again, Broncos nod here).

Potential combos are:

Red/White

Red/Red

White/Black

White/White

Black/Black

Black/White

TexasTech.png

TexasTech2.png

Thus is the end of the Big XII portion of this project. I thank everyone for comments and, hopefully, I'll put all the concepts on the main post of this thread. It's been fun, but now it's time to move on to the next conference...

I thought someone might think that Baylor looked like Cal. I do appreciate any comments and support I can get, so thank you guys for taking the time to critique my designs. :)

OKLAHOMA STATE COWBOYS

I really like this set. I wanted a set that epitomized Oklahoma State football, which I feel is up-and-coming, fast, and modern. I tinkered with the idea of making a black primary jersey, but knew that orange was the way to go. Don't feel bad, though. I still kept black.

The pants striping have to be my favorite feature. The side has an unusual striped, but a closer look shows that it is, indeed, holsters on the side of the pants. It's a little nod to the western theme that the name "Cowboys" almost beckons.

Potential combos are:

Orange/White (either helmet)

White/Orange

White/White

Black/Black (with only black helmet)

OklahomaStateCowboys.png

I'd like to see Pistol Pete on the helmet

big-east-logo1.jpg

PROVIDENCE, RHODE ISLAND - Today marked a big day for the Big East Conference. They had been falling short in football of late, but not anymore, said commissioner John Marinatto. "We want Big East football to rival not only other BCS conferences, but also our elite basketball conference as well."

In order to bolster more intense rivalries in-conference--which seems to be the trend with this realignment--the Big East added four teams, bringing their total to 12. (In related news, South Florida announced that it would be joining a yet-to-be-announced conference). The new teams are Kentucky (formerly from the Southeast Conference), Marshall (C-USA), Notre Dame, and Villanova (Football Championship Subdivision). "These four new teams will continue to bring prestige to the Big East name. It was a stretch to obtain all four schools, but well worth the sweat and elbow grease," Marinatto said. Even former Notre Dame quarterback Joe Montana smiled a little at a separate press conference in South Bend, Indiana, as the new alliance was formally announced.

Lost in the shuffle seems to be Villanova. Though school officials are confident they can compete in a revamped Big East, some alumni are skeptical of the jump to FBS. An anonymous booster commented that they hoped basketball would remain a priority. "There may be some growing pains, but I can assure the Villanova faithful that the Wildcats are here to stay," commented athletic director Vince Nicastro.

How will this all shake up? What of the other conferences who lost teams? All we can do is eagerly wait to see this story unfold...

2011BigEastAlignment.png

liking most of your concepts. some just look a little too awkward, like Texas. I really like Oklahoma State.

as for the way you are realigning, I find it interesting.

heres an article I did on realignment. just for comparison. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/405510-optimization-over-expansion-what-the-ncaa-should-have-done ... thot it might interest you to peek!

okay, back to concepts.

Archived