Ideas for Indiana University

WideRight

I think I might have posted something similar to these before, but a long time ago.

I am an alum of IU ('89) and I am just frustrated with their horrible brand identity. The classic IU is fine, though they have made it so basic that it is a little dull. I think their football uniforms are horrible, and they don't really know how to use the "cream" in crimson & cream.

So, some basics in this image: Wordmarks, wordmarks with state image, IU logo, IU with state, a helmet and a pennant logo.

Key's to IU for me:

1. Using a dark crimson color, somewhere between Ohio State/Wisconsin and Minnesota's maroon.

2. Adding a bevel effect to the IU logo, with a 2nd, even darker maroon shadow.

3. Adding a cream (soft sandy color) as a minor highlight color.

4. Using the state outline as part of the identity. I know Indiana State does this, but IU ought to as well.

I think that is it for the "ado", so without more, some basic logo/wordmark elements for an IU identity.

IUideas.png

The state outline feels really forced the way you have it. I would center the "IU" in front of the Indiana outline.

The wordmarks where you incorporated the state outline feel more natural and, IMO, are the bright spots in this set. It does have potential. :)

(**) (**) (*.5)(*)(*)

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Sweet looking logos & concepts. I like the State-IU logo, it won't work for some schools but this works nicely.

I like the cream color, it distinguishes them from other RED teams in the league. Well done!!!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Good Job, You've got a nice set of logos here. The IU logos look great, you really did a nice gob on the Beveling.

The only problem I have with these logos is the state outline, you should try redoing it because the western border is supposed to be completely straight:

Indiana_Outline_2nd_Bde.gif

2043050vl19qK6.gif

Good Job, You've got a nice set of logos here. The IU logos look great, you really did a nice gob on the Beveling.

The only problem I have with these logos is the state outline, you should try redoing it because the western border is supposed to be completely straight:

Indiana_Outline_2nd_Bde.gif

He just used the right side as an "outline" I guess, otherwise it would look really weird.

camnewton2.jpg

Auburn University Alum

your state outline is off, as has been addressed but you dont need it anyway. it looks cool in the Indiana script though. thats a nice touch but looks forced (too much like a J) in Hoosiers.

the pitchfork looks good with bevels, id just use that on the helmet

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Well, as a Hoosier graduate as well, hence the moniker...Hoosier..in all my online football simulation leagues, I love the cream n crimson, too. (still mad at the Bill Mallory firing). Anyway...

if you were to incorporate the state of Indiana as a backdrop, doesn't it kinda take ya back to Indiana State's old helmet logo?

sycamorelogocolor.jpg

There's gotta be something that's new, and yet totally IU

Archived