Best Washington Capitals Logo?

Morgan33

When the Leafs released their first Edge sweaters (without the hem stripes and alt logos) the Reebok rep on hand said something along the lines of "we had more contemporary designs ready to go but the Leafs insisted on staying traditional."

I'd love to see what they were.

I remember this was floating around at the time.

leafs.jpg?t=1300506744

Yikes, have a little jersey with your crest.

I remember that concept floating around here in the summer of 2007.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The W eagle looks good and with the capital dome under the Eagle looks good

In looking at the weagle closely in the sig of the first post of the thread,

it was the first time I noticed the shape of the dome under the eagle.

Another logo for the hidden meaning list.

Not sure which logo to go with, but their colors need to be red white and blue.

I think I'd go with the modern wordmark as my favorite.

The blue/gold eagle next.

The weagle third and the original wordmark 4th, and the Capitol building last.

sig-1.png

The Eagle is nice, but was not a fan of the old colours. Very drab and 90's much like a lot of other teams back then. Red white and blue - much much better. The Capital building logo is too blocky and square for a primary logo, so I never liked that one. The current logo is a nice wordmark and I probably like it the best out of what they've had.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Oh and I dont understand the love for the Weagle. It's a fine shoulder patch, but everytime I see it I keep thinking of a crippled bird who walks on it's wings. It does look quite right from the bottom half down..

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

When the Leafs released their first Edge sweaters (without the hem stripes and alt logos) the Reebok rep on hand said something along the lines of "we had more contemporary designs ready to go but the Leafs insisted on staying traditional."

I'd love to see what they were.

I remember this was floating around at the time.

leafs.jpg?t=1300506744

Wow... that is hideous. I wonder if this was one of the tucked in prototypes originally slated for after lockout.

I like the current Washington logo that they tweaked from the original.

The color and logo change seemed cool at first, but it got old quick ... IMO

St Louis ... I've always liked their uniforms when they had the musical note logo only .... I'll always remember Garry Unger in that uniform when they played at the AUD.

Was no need to shrink the logo and put 'St Louis' on there, that was overkill ... all hockey fans know the city they play in ... the Blues logo only was suffice

and .......... the period where they added red to their uniforms .... what were they thinking?

autographed-signed-photo-garry-unger-st-louis-blues_c94117510a4aae68d3cc4b808f2d648e.jpg

and .......... the period where they added red to their uniforms .... what were they thinking?

Probably that primary colors go really well together. I really like the early '90s Blues uniforms where the blue and yellow were supplemented with just a hint of red. The 1996 uniforms had far too much red on them, with it being more a secondary color than the intended tertiary. Had that bottom part been yellow instead, and maybe with less of a slant, they would've been better.

I can go either way on including "St. Louis" in the bluenote, but the red/yellow/blue iteration with the nice curvy edges was the best one. I don't like the sharper angles.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived