Best Washington Capitals Logo?

Morgan33

What a difference a few tweaks makes. Honestly who approves this crap? Oh yeah Reebok.

blues22.png

The Blues wore their Pre-Edge jerseys at a practice a few seasons ago. Was hoping it was a sign of things to come. Not to be.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a difference a few tweaks makes. Honestly who approves this crap? Oh yeah Reebok.

blues22.png

The Blues wore their Pre-Edge jerseys at a practice a few seasons ago. Was hoping it was a sign of things to come. Not to be.

Who approves this crap? You don't think the team approved it?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

blues22.png

Im sure Reebok cajoled them into excepting their horrendous vision for hockey jerseys, but yeah the Blues obviously had to approve them.

The W-eagle, barely. I'd like to see it as a jersey crest on a blue alt.

Ooh...you might be onto something here. Though, the crest would probably need to have a pretty good white outline to help it stand out. But still, the weagle on a primarily navy sweater could end up looking pretty daggone nice if produced. (Concept, anyone?)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Ooh...you might be onto something here. Though, the crest would probably need to have a pretty good white outline to help it stand out. But still, the weagle on a primarily navy sweater could end up looking pretty daggone nice if produced. (Concept, anyone?)

capsthird.png

This is just a quick and dirty recolor of their current template. It's more likely that they'd come up with a whole new jersey design.

The weagle is a really good logo. Good logo nickname too.

PvO6ZWJ.png

capsthird.png

This is just a quick and dirty recolor of their current template. It's more likely that they'd come up with a whole new jersey design.

The weagle is a really good logo. Good logo nickname too.

Idk I've seen many blue alt concepts with the weagle on the front and haven't really been impressed by any of them... I think it works best on the shoulders as a complimenting logo. A red, white, and blue alternate featuring the 1 Legged screeching Eagle from the previous set of uni's for the Caps would look legit... At least it does in my mind.

90758391980.gif

Replace the current logo on the red sweater, put the Weagle there. Boom. Me buy.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I just can't stand the red right up against the navy in that logo.

Separate the wings with white (think Flyers wings) and separate the red from the navy with white. There's just something... un-NHL about it as is.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

My personal favorite Caps logo is the Blue/Gold Eagle.

THANK YOU

i thought i was the only one to think this.

those jerseys, color scheme, and primary and secondary logos were fantastic. instant modern classic. if they had kept them now, i'd have an easier time rooting for the caps. to this day i dont know why they ever changed them.

I just can't stand the red right up against the navy in that logo.

Separate the wings with white (think Flyers wings) and separate the red from the navy with white. There's just something... un-NHL about it as is.

I don't think its a huge problem on the logo since the detail of the wings isn't the focal point but on that subject I absolutely hate the navy side panels on the current Home jersey. The colours bleed together.

blues22.png

Im sure Reebok cajoled them into excepting their horrendous vision for hockey jerseys, but yeah the Blues obviously had to approve them.

When the Leafs released their first Edge sweaters (without the hem stripes and alt logos) the Reebok rep on hand said something along the lines of "we had more contemporary designs ready to go but the Leafs insisted on staying traditional."

So it falls to the team. Reebok and push for any design all they want. It's the team that makes the decision.

When the Leafs released their first Edge sweaters (without the hem stripes and alt logos) the Reebok rep on hand said something along the lines of "we had more contemporary designs ready to go but the Leafs insisted on staying traditional."

I'd love to see what they were.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

I'd love to see what they were.

I remember this was floating around at the time.

leafs.jpg?t=1300506744

Now that I really look at all these logos, I think they all pretty much look equally good, and were all kind of appropriate for the era. They had the original "capitals script" logo, then went through the Standard "Mid-90's Identity Change - to the Xtreme!", then the "Early 2000's tone-down", and then full circle to the "Late 2000's Fauxback" look, which seems to be a standard identity cycle. They never seemed to hang on too long to an identity for it to get stale or look dated for that era, and don't seem to change identities too often either. It's hard for me to say which is uniquely the best.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Archived