More Maryland less Terps

gueman

DMV Baby!

Department of Motor Vehicles?

We hear that from all of the outsiders!

Well, that's because:

A. To everyone else DMV is the department of Motor Vehicles, and

B. You still haven't explained whatever it is you think DMV stands for.

district (dc) / maryland / virginia

DMV Baby!

Well, that's because:

I always heard delaware, maryland and virginia.

DMV Baby!

Well, that's because:

I always heard delaware, maryland and virginia.

you've been fed lies

I am all for going away from this "Terps" business on the football helmets, mostly because I despise wordmarks as a helmet design. Although a Terrapin/turtle isn't the most inspiring animal to use as a mascot, it's not the worst either. They could do something with the elements of the shell, perhaps rebranding the turtle as a kind of tank.

Also, according to Wikipedia, the Diamondback Terrapin is native to Maryland (and it mentions a Roman military tactic: the Testudo/turtle formation). They could really do a great job rebranding this team and ditching the banal "Terps" helmet that looks like it belongs in a commercial where they use two fake football teams.

I am all for going away from this "Terps" business on the football helmets, mostly because I despise wordmarks as a helmet design. Although a Terrapin/turtle isn't the most inspiring animal to use as a mascot, it's not the worst either. They could do something with the elements of the shell, perhaps rebranding the turtle as a kind of tank.

I'm pretty much expecting this to find its way on the helmet.

Terps4_normal.gif

No complaints there, but the idea of making the helmet resemble a turtle shell sounds pretty badass. Maybe a subliminated pattern resembling a terrapin shell would work. But that would also go against the whole "de-emphasizing the nickname" thing.

I'm pretty much expecting this to find its way on the helmet.

Terps4_normal.gif

No complaints there, but the idea of making the helmet resemble a turtle shell sounds pretty badass. Maybe a subliminated pattern resembling a terrapin shell would work. But that would also go against the whole "de-emphasizing the nickname" thing.

Or they could go in a completely unexpected direction and bring back these beauties used from '72-'81:

Maryland_OLD4.gif

2043050vl19qK6.gif

Archived