NBA Redesign"s by Abby

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl

Those uniforms aren't upgrades, they're a lateral move. Not only do the stripes still look sloppy, the shoulder stripes on the navy one aren't even colored in all the way on the back. And you somehow managed to make the scripts and numbers on the uniform look even sloppier. At least you got rid of the random stars.

Please start over, take your time, and put more effort in. Spending 5 minutes on an "upgrade" only serves to piss off the people who are trying to give you constructive criticism.

im sorry man. i worked on a few days with days I had started this before my Bucks concept. but I just cant figure out how to make the concept work. any logo attempt Ive tried seems to come out horrible with the Rocket. idk what to do with this concept

wrb141.jpgnbahoopscardszxzx01.png

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl.png

Im Abby.. nice to meet you

Go Os. Capitals. Mets. Ravens. Rangers. Knicks. Butler Bulldogs. Maryland. Kevin Harvick.

I hate the YANKEESS

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uniforms

ame2px.pngquote]

uniform update. still working on logos

uniform update 3. fixed piping.

im having real trouble with the primary. (i changed the alternate to make the flame from the rocket come from the h"s crossbars) ive tried some concepts. like the texas flag. the state of texas. a smaller script for rockets. nothing seems to work

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl.png

Go Os. Capitals. Mets. Ravens. Rangers. Knicks. Butler Bulldogs. Maryland. Kevin Harvick.

I hate the YANKEESS

We tell you to take your time and clean it up and you come out with an update every 10 minutes. PLEASE, listen to what we tell you. Lights Out knows what he is saying, just listen. Then apply what he says to your concept.

Just some general rules:

1) Good concepts take hours or even days. Not minutes.

2) If a colour isn't intended to be somewhere on your concept, it shouldn't be there. You need to properly go around your edges to remove unwanted former colours. And I'm sure you're using Paint, and it's not an excuse. Every one of my concepts have been on Paint, and they have been clean as a whistle. Mediocre, but clean.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Here's a visual aid to help you understand exactly what we mean by saying that your coloring is sloppy. I've compared your concept to the current Rockets jersey which you've essentially recolored:

xayiif.png

im sorry guys. im trying. *cries* *cries* im trying to do what you say. but im a newb. *cries* *cries*

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl.png

I hate the YANKEESS

Crying here doesn't get you any sympathy. Being a newb isn't an excuse.

I know. but this is hard. it was easy with the Bucks. but this concept is kicking my ass. I was trying to create a more spaced theme set. but all I get is crap. my skills are crap. thats why I left the piping on the Bucks alone.. I didnt want this to happen. but I tried changing it for this jersey. my concepts are just crap. espessicly my logos

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl.png

I hate the YANKEESS

The whole fake-crying thing isn't exactly going to win us over. Taking your time and producing polished concepts will.

ehh., i didnt think it would work.. but this art is hard. its hard to fit all the elements perfectly

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl.png

I hate the YANKEESS

Maybe you should start from scratch. The first idea isn't always the best idea.

Maybe. but I really wanted to nail a space/rocket themed set for Houston. but ive gone through 4 diffrent designs. all of them have been crap

but im starting to see the mistakes ive made with the Rockets set. but im not sure how to fix them. polish this. and whatnot.

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl.png

I hate the YANKEESS

Uniforms

ame2px.pngquote]

uniform update. still working on logos

I think these colors are too Lakers-y. I took one quick glance at these and immediately thought "Lakers." If they were in different conferences that might be a little more acceptable, but I don't think these colors work as is.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Here's a visual aid to help you understand exactly what we mean by saying that your coloring is sloppy. I've compared your concept to the current Rockets jersey which you've essentially recolored:

xayiif.png

It's pretty plain-as-day obvious that Abby is new to the world of graphics and, accordingly, has very few skills and resources as far as editing images goes. It doesn't do any good to harp on someone for not following your criticism when she doesn't know how to do it. You can't expect someone to write a sentence if they don't know how to use a pen. The skill set isn't there yet, and neither is the patience. Self-teaching is a lesson in both, and it's very frustrating at times, but those things develop with practice. Critique the concept as it is (as an idea), and Abby's execution will improve over time as long as the desire is there.

As for the work, what you've done with the Bucks is great. They need to ditch that terrible lettering. However I'm a big believer in keeping ties to team history, especially if those ties are really unique, like the Rockets' red and gold color scheme. The logo is obviously far from perfect, but a large part of that is because it's not translating from thought to computer. I don't know if you can draw well, but there's no rule against drawing with pencil, scanning your drawings in and then posting those. That's how most of us start our work anyway.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Hey, don't worry my stuff was the same when I got here. I am getting better at designing concepts (even on Paint) after being around here. You should be able to do the same, just keep working.

For example here was my first Paint concept: det.jpg

Keep working!

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

thanks guys.. Im starting to see what"ve ive been doing wrong. and lol YesSir132. that is bad....

im going to take the Rockets concept back to the drawing board. im most likely gonna ditch the crazy lakery colors in favor of the more traditional gold. start on a plain template this time. and hopefully a better designed rocket. wish me luck

and tajmcall. IVE TRIED INKSCAPE. but it CRASHES MY COMPUTER. so im stuck with paint

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl.png

I hate the YANKEESS

Archived