2011 NHL Playoffs

NEW.ERA

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

052211_humanbolt.jpg

Kudos to Lightning fans after their show of support this week. Especially after the snarky remarks by the bruins advertising.

Then watching them pelt the bruins with those clappers at the end of the game, hilarious.

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

Then watching them pelt the bruins and their own team with those clappers at the end of the game, hilarious.

When did this become a thing? Boston has been doing it with the towels for a while now but it seems like every fanbase this postseason is ending games by tossing their trash on the ice.

Placing humorous yet slightly insulting billboards around home arena = snarky

Making death threats to billboard makers and throwing solid objects at opposing team = hilarious

Got it! Ha ha ha ha! Great creative and supportive job, fans!

Christ! The Bruins can be a maddening lot!

Enough with the too-cutesy-by-far tendency to look for the "artistic" goal, rather than just putting a shot on net. How about just firing one towards the goal-mouth and having a couple of teammates crash the crease looking to pounce on the damned rebound? And, as much as I love his overall game, enough with Tim Thomas' propensity this post-season for giving up the soft goal early in a game/period. I'm sick of this team having to dig itself out of a hole just to pull even.

Making death threats to billboard makers and throwing flimsy plastic objects at opposing team = hilarious

Got it! Ha ha ha ha! Great creative and supportive job, fans! = snarky

there ya go!

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

Enough with the too-cutesy-by-far tendency to look for the "artistic" goal, rather than just putting a shot on net. How about just firing one towards the goal-mouth and having a couple of teammates crash the crease looking to pounce on the damned rebound? And, as much as I love his overall game, enough with Tim Thomas' propensity this post-season for giving up the soft goal early in a game/period. I'm sick of this team having to dig itself out of a hole just to pull even.

I imagine you wearing a monocle, spats and gloves while typing this post.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Friday would be a great time to stop the "end the season with a Game 7 at home" streak the Bruins have going on.

Didn't they end that in the Conference Quarterfinals already?

Bolded.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I really doubt that what is going through their mind is going for an "artistic" goal; I think it's just either because of Julie or just because of their style of play, they think it will be more effective. In a similar situation(:P), I play NHL 08 like that and it never works, but I keep doing it because it seems like you should be able to get a better shot off by passing it around. Is this Claude's philosophy? I hope not. But it is clear they need to just pound away more.

Thomas has been like that his whole career. Totally bipolar. Everyone says he is amazing but when I am not watching him play, or watching him play while being Juicy Rebound Tim, I much prefer Tuukka since he seems to be more consistent. But he certainly has that otherworldly level that pops up pretty frequently.

I imagine you wearing a monocle, spats and gloves while typing this post.

2eb2b0ba.jpg

Making death threats to billboard makers and throwing flimsy plastic objects at opposing team = hilarious

Got it! Ha ha ha ha! Great creative and supportive job, fans! = snarky

there ya go!

I'm not saying it was going to cause any damage, but they weren't towels for chrissake.

What the hell are you saying? It is okay hilarious to throw noisemakers at opposing players but not cool to put up signs in your own arena that are marketed towards your own fans? That = moronic. One or the other, fine; right now, you have "sticks and stones" all backwards.

Apparently they took the signs down because of "death threats." Their words, not mine. I think it was really lame that they gave in.

Apparently they took the signs down because of "death threats." Their words, not mine. I think it was really lame that they gave in.

It's really lame that this got Tampa fans upset in the first place.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Well, here's to quintuple overtime in game seven.

Do we know when Game 1 will be yet? I imagine it will be a quick turnaround for whomever wins.

Wednesday, June 1st.

Well, here's to quintuple overtime in game seven.

Do we know when Game 1 will be yet? I imagine it will be a quick turnaround for whomever wins.

Wednesday, June 1st.

Thus my hopes for a long OT. I want the winner as exhausted as possible when they fly across the continent to Vancouver. <_<

sorry. wasn't applauding them taking the signs down or the death threats. merely applauding the tampa fans for their show of support at the airport.

then, yes i thought it was funny watching the pissed off players (mostly bruins but, as OMMF correctly corrected me, both teams) barking at each other getting hit by plastic clappers.

thanks for flying off the deep-end though!

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

the if necessary Stanley cup final game 7 falls on my birthday. for the love of god please go to 7 games!!!!

That's dumb. Root for a sweep or 5 games and there's a good chance you'll get the parade on your birthday. You'll be celebratory, won't be nervous about whether your birthday might be forever ruined, and you can make the awful joke, "hey look a parade for me cuz it's mah birfday".

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived