Another new proposed site for a Vikings stadium.

bigbean24

So in recent days, I've heard Minnesota, Las Vegas and of course the Cosmos are out there. Any chance the MLS will overexpand or is that impossible in the world's most popular sport? I know the league seems to be doing things right, but I don't expect them to grow to 30. Could just be the everyone throws MLS in their plans because it's the easiest sport to secure... who knows if any of the three will become reality.

As far as the Vikings, I wonder if they'll go with an army theme in the stadium, i.e. fire off guns after touchdowns, etc. The advantages of getting away from the Metrodome site seem to be piling up. The NFL just lends itself to big stadiums in the suburbs surrounded by parking lots much better than baseball does.

From what I've heard the idea is to get the 20th team and stay put for a while at least.

I think that's smart, we've been seeing new teams come into the league for how may years now? I think 5 (off the top of my head). It's time to relax and allow the talent pool catch up.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

like how the thread goes from a proposed new vikings stadium into where will the MLS add a 20th team.

As to what it would take for Hennpin County or the specifily the Farmers Market site to re emerge as a site. At this point only if the arden hills fall through. I think HC really did not want to take a lead on a Vikings Stadium after falling on its sword for the Target Field 5 years ago it sounds like the county commissioner favored the FM site over the dome vs Mpls who wanted to rebuild on the dome site. I think they want Mpls to take the lead and after mayor Rybeck botched it with his last minute plans. they are in the wait and see mode.

Just say NO to gray facemasks.

So in recent days, I've heard Minnesota, Las Vegas and of course the Cosmos are out there. Any chance the MLS will overexpand or is that impossible in the world's most popular sport? I know the league seems to be doing things right, but I don't expect them to grow to 30. Could just be the everyone throws MLS in their plans because it's the easiest sport to secure... who knows if any of the three will become reality.

As far as the Vikings, I wonder if they'll go with an army theme in the stadium, i.e. fire off guns after touchdowns, etc. The advantages of getting away from the Metrodome site seem to be piling up. The NFL just lends itself to big stadiums in the suburbs surrounded by parking lots much better than baseball does.

They did before arguably-I'm not sure what is keeping it from happening again.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

My link

opening the door a little to the Farmer Market site?

Not really since the team and state have already entered into an agreement for the Arden Hills site. It doesn't help the Farmer's Market location when Goodell visited the Arden Hills on Monday and said that the NFL will try to assist in the costs. This is after their G3 Program money pool is tapped out and the 49ers could not get any money.

My link

Not really since the team and state have already entered into an agreement for the Arden Hills site. It doesn't help the Farmer's Market location when Goodell visited the Arden Hills on Monday and said that the NFL will try to assist in the costs. This is after their G3 Program money pool is tapped out and the 49ers could not get any money.

Interesting... I wonder where this will leave the 49ers, as I thought they were looking at the Santa Clara site, unless something has fallen through there. I don't keep up with the 49ers, so that was the last thing I heard.

My link

Interesting... I wonder where this will leave the 49ers, as I thought they were looking at the Santa Clara site, unless something has fallen through there. I don't keep up with the 49ers, so that was the last thing I heard.

The Santa Clara site is still on. The Santa Clara voters approved a ballot measure for the stadium in June 2010. This March, the city gave the team $4 million to prepare the parking lot which will be the stadium site. The 49ers will get $4 million now, and can spend up to $36 million more knowing the city would repay the team later when it gets the money through future property tax revenue. The 49ers cannot get much financing for their share now, thus the delay and their hiring of former Facebook and YouTube CFO Gideon Yu may be a way to get private financing.

If there is now money, the 49ers could be getting jobbed.

My link

Yes, the NFL will kick in and lessen the Vikes share:

League spokesman Brian McCarthy later confirmed that whatever financing the league provided for the project would help the team cover its $407 million commitment to the stadium project, and would not be in excess of what team owners already plan.

In other words, the NFL and Vikes share would total the $407 mil and the issue remains the infrastructure - $175-225 mil. And that amount is, as of now, not funded anywhere. Until that gets resolved, I see no way of this getting done.

My link

Yes, the NFL will kick in and lessen the Vikes share:

League spokesman Brian McCarthy later confirmed that whatever financing the league provided for the project would help the team cover its $407 million commitment to the stadium project, and would not be in excess of what team owners already plan.

In other words, the NFL and Vikes share would total the $407 mil and the issue remains the infrastructure - $175-225 mil. And that amount is, as of now, not funded anywhere. Until that gets resolved, I see no way of this getting done.

The NFL will NOT provide any cash. Apparently, what the NFL will do is to allow the Vikings "to keep the visitors' share of gate revenue generated by suites and luxury seating. The normal NFL ticket breakdown is this: Home team keeps 66 percent, and visiting team gets 34 percent of revenues. But, the premium seat waiver would allow Vikings owner Zygi Wilf to keep that 34 percent but only to help finance the stadium."

Here is a list of the other political obstacles.

Archived