Highlanders in Green

Luigi

The Highlanders were wearing a new light green kit to commomerate the final Super Rugby match at Carisbrook stadium which is nicknamed "The house of Pain".

John_Hardie.jpg

Jamie_Mackintosh5.jpg

Reminds me of those green seahawks alternates.

BTW great comeback win for the force, who won 21-14

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

I may sound really stupid but why do the force (in your signature) have some players with white shoulders.

Those jerseys are cool, not knowing anything about the team or the sport, I would probably buy one of those.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

I knew there was talk about it happening as my friends in Dunedin (where the Highlanders play) have put up a huge stink about it. The reason for the stink is because the colours of the Highlanders represent the provincial rugby unions that team draws from. Blue and yellow represent the Otago provincial rugby union and the maroon represents the Southland provincial rugby union. Personally I have to agree with the people down in Dunners that green should not be used. I really hope this is a one off.

Here are the home (blue) and road (maroon) jerseys:

2604_12248_2190.jpg

2603_12235_2225.jpg

I may sound really stupid but why do the force (in your signature) have some players with white shoulders.

Those jerseys are cool, not knowing anything about the team or the sport, I would probably buy one of those.

the white shoulders are our alternate jumpers:

Sub_Away_pose_sm.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

I knew there was talk about it happening as my friends in Dunedin (where the Highlanders play) have put up a huge stink about it. The reason for the stink is because the colours of the Highlanders represent the provincial rugby unions that team draws from. Blue and yellow represent the Otago provincial rugby union and the maroon represents the Southland provincial rugby union. Personally I have to agree with the people down in Dunners that green should not be used. I really hope this is a one off.

2604_12248_2190.jpg

2603_12235_2225.jpg

yes i don't really agree with the using of green as a way to see off their stadium. A heritage (throwback for you yanks) jersey would've suited much better imo.

Is that why they did it? I wasn't sure on the reasoning. So then this is a one off jersey right?...right?

yeah i'm preety sure it was a one off. I hope so anyway

The NZ press article I read said that the lime green and blue was going to be their new colour scheme going forward from 2012. They're back to blue/gold/maroon for their last 2 games, then break out the new colours again when they move into the new stadium next year. It's all about separating the Highlanders branding from the Otago/Southland unions as a standalone entity.

liverpool-1.png

Sub_Away_pose_sm.jpg

They tend to wear all white with the white shoulders:

210328-pn-image-sport-western-force-highlanders.jpg

As opposed to the bule and black.

642980-western-force.jpg

Always thought the force should have worn gold and black of the WA. The old gold unis were nice and it would mean that 4 of the 5 Aussie teas aren't blue.

2604_12248_2190.jpg

2603_12235_2225.jpg

I really likes that they added the maroon away jersey, it made sense and as they wore it about as frequently as the blue one, seemed fair to the unions.

Robbie+Robinson+ITM+Cup+Rd+2+Southland+v+Otago+7HQYQ_mxENLl.jpg

Would be nice to see the Canes wear a black alt or even a striped black and yellow for The Naki or Black and white for Hawkes Bay. Same with pale blue and marron for Northland and Harbour for the Blues. The Cru looked good in the white and red of West Coast too.

Sub_Away_pose_sm.jpg

They tend to wear all white with the white shoulders:

210328-pn-image-sport-western-force-highlanders.jpg

As opposed to the bule and black.

642980-western-force.jpg

Always thought the force should have worn gold and black of the WA. The old gold unis were nice and it would mean that 4 of the 5 Aussie teas aren't blue.

yeah you're right about the all white. The old gold unis wear pretty bad imo, but they were definitely fixable. Right now i love our away jerseys, i think they're among the best in the comp.

yes i don't really agree with the using of green as a way to see off their stadium. A heritage (throwback for you yanks) jersey would've suited much better imo.

Do people really say "yanks"?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Never been to the UK, Ireland or Australia then. It is very common. I played quite a bit of rugby in the UK and Ireland, and I have friends and relations in OZ and they use Yank quite often. The funny thing is they sometimes think it is an insult but I don't know of anyone that ever took it that way.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Never been to the UK, Ireland or Australia then. It is very common. I played quite a bit of rugby in the UK and Ireland, and I have friends and relations in OZ and they use Yank quite often. The funny thing is they sometimes think it is an insult but I don't know of anyone that ever took it that way.

yeah that's just what we call americans over here

Archived