What is the worst logo in the 4 major NA sports?

habsfannova

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm--

Current logos-

NHL Tampa Bay--runner up Atlanta's "T"

NBA No strong dislikes, but there are some that could be better

NFL-Broncos

MLB-I'll wait until the season's a bit older--there are a few candidates

Overall? Tampa's--it looks like a cheap iron on from a T-shirt store back in the 70's.

Baseball's I find the most bland, NHL & NFL have the best ones--of the ones I like.

I know you said 4 NA leagues--but for the CFL worst-The Roughriders.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I actually really like the Baltimore identity. I don't like the straight-ahead head logo, but the brofile is tight. I just wish they'd go with yellow instead of metallic gold so the MD flag segment would work in the logo a little better.

As I said earlier, I think that the Islanders logo is the worst. Tampa Bay and the LA Clippers are pretty weak too, but as far as lack of overall quality, NYI's logo has got to be the worst in my eyes.

My first instinct is to say the Bucks, but the actual logo wouldn't be so bad if not for the color (even if they did yank it off the bottle of Jagermiester).

Anyway...

NFL: Patriots, Redskins, Panthers

MLB: INDIANS!!!, Blue Jays, Devil Rays

NBA: Wizards, Bobcats, Sonics (I wanna see a jet with that kind of name)

NHL: Blackhawks, Blue Jackets, Kings

If I had to choose a grand champion, I'd choose the Indians. PC reasons not withstanding, it looks too damn minor league.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

NFL-Broncos

Even if you don't like the stylistic choices that they made, you have to at least recognize that the logo was not poorly designed. Asethically, it's well porportioned, consistant, and it communicates what they wanted it to. Also, it's recognizable, readable at virtually all sizes, and it's well liked by its fanbase and players.

I think they're a vicitm of situation. What logo is there for a team called the "Roughriders" other than a horse?

Problem is, Calgary already uses one when they should be using a big group of horses (a single horse is not a stampede).

This is sacreligious for me to say considering a relative of mine is their all time leading passer, but Edmonton has the worst in the CFL. Instead of using an igloo, they insist on being the Packers' red-headed stepchild...

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

NFL-Broncos

Even if you don't like the stylistic choices that they made, you have to at least recognize that the logo was not poorly designed. Asethically, it's well porportioned, consistant, and it communicates what they wanted it to. Also, it's recognizable, readable at virtually all sizes, and it's well liked by its fanbase and players.

Actually I don't mind their current uniforms--I'm a little tired of how much it's copied though...

And their current colours are way better than the last ones.

Their current logo is also a vast improvement over the last one, but I still don't like it, it looks too "stencillized" liek a kid drew it from stencil shapes, but I'm also not a Bronco fan, so if Bronco fans like it--hey no problem...

For a good horse logo that's not currently in use--the Baltimore Stallions of the CFL's US experiment ahd a great logo--too bad Denver couldn't have bought it...

I was going to say the Raiders--the logo is good except for the face--he looks like John Wayne poorly miscast and the helmet doesn't fit too well, but I like the concept.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

well the browns dont have a logo

neither do the clippers

i really want to see the isles adopt a ship motif like gordies logo, but i actually sorta like there logo

dallas stars primary is boring and columbus primary is a disgrace

steelers logo shows history, but i want them to also have a real logo

signature.gif

NHL - def. the Lightning....the bolt itself looks like its cut and paste work from a grade 2. and the font chosen for the logo is brutal as well

NBA - Utah Jazz....purple, teal and bronze? what are they thinking??

MLB - Montreal Expos....yes, i know its an M, e, and b all in one, but its still hideous

NFL - There arent really many that jump out as seriously bad. i'd probably say the AZ Cardinals. i know its a traditional logo, but at least TRY to make it look intimidating!

Worst logo? Clippers. Just a Lakers knock (rip) off.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Hmmm--

Current logos-

NHL Tampa Bay--runner up Atlanta's "T"

NBA No strong dislikes, but there are some that could be better

NFL-Broncos

MLB-I'll wait until the season's a bit older--there are a few candidates

Overall? Tampa's--it looks like a cheap iron on from a T-shirt store back in the 70's.

Baseball's I find the most bland, NHL & NFL have the best ones--of the ones I like.

whoa Whoa WHOA.... this is coming from a guy that supports a team that is just barely avoiding a copywright issue with Ford.... and the Ford Mustang came first...

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

whoa MoJoTo, thats cool stuff.

For real...

You should move it to its own thread though.

It'd be real cool for some of these to turn up as user icons.

snappers_sig.gif

Top three and bottom three in each league...

MLB Top Three

1) Seattle Mariners - Nautical Compass Rose

2) Anaheim Angels - Halo "A"

3) St. Louis Cardinals - Cardinals on bat w/ wordmark.

MLB Bottom Three

28) Arizona Diamondbacks - Stylized "A"

29) Houston Astros - Star device and script "Astros"

30) Cleveland Indians - Chief Wahoo

NBA Top Three

1) Cleveland Cavaliers - "Cavaliers" Script and sword

2) Dallas Mavericks - Primary shield

3) San Antonia Spurs - Primary logo/wordmark

NBA Bottom Three

28) Chicago Bulls - Bull head

29) Golden State Warriors - Futuristic Warrior icon

30) Houston Astros - minimalist "R"