What is the worst logo in the 4 major NA sports?

habsfannova

I know you said 4 NA leagues--but for the CFL worst-The Roughriders.

I think they're a vicitm of situation. What logo is there for a team called the "Roughriders" other than a horse?

Problem is, Calgary already uses one when they should be using a big group of horses (a single horse is not a stampede).

This is sacreligious for me to say considering a relative of mine is their all time leading passer, but Edmonton has the worst in the CFL. Instead of using an igloo, they insist on being the Packers' red-headed stepchild...

:therock: The Roughriders don't use a horse...

NFL: Jets and Raiders: I'm going to get roasted for this, but the Jets has no relation to it's name (other than the word on the logo), and the Raiders is a way old school football player with an eye patch... so bad.

CFL: Roughriders and BC (tie): Saskatchewan is boring, and the BC lion is extremely poorly drawn (and in desperate need of an update). Edmonton is bad, but it's classy, and occasionally they haul out the polar bear part of the logo of which I am somewhat a fan (not the team... that singular logo).

MLB: Blue Jays: I've ranted on this enough times. So disappointing.

NHL: Oilers Alternate, Islanders Primary, and Stars Alternate: the metallic oildrop doesn't fit the scheme at all, the Isles logo (although popular and traditional) has elements that only under the closest magnification are discernable, and mooterus is a disgrace worthy of the most publicly humiliating shaming.

NBA: Clippers: I have an idea. Let's make ourselves even more the Lakers' unloved, unwanted little brother by completely ripping off their logo!

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tie - 29) Tampa Bay Lightning - state of Florida outline and lightning bolt

If only that were their actual main crest logo. The Florida/bolt one isn't nearly as bad; the bolt with the script is what they use as their main logo.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I think they're a vicitm of situation. What logo is there for a team called the "Roughriders" other than a horse?

Problem is, Calgary already uses one when they should be using a big group of horses (a single horse is not a stampede).

This is sacreligious for me to say considering a relative of mine is their all time leading passer, but Edmonton has the worst in the CFL. Instead of using an igloo, they insist on being the Packers' red-headed stepchild...

CFL: Roughriders and BC (tie): Saskatchewan is boring, and the BC lion is extremely poorly drawn (and in desperate need of an update). Edmonton is bad, but it's classy, and occasionally they haul out the polar bear part of the logo of which I am somewhat a fan (not the team... that singular logo).

Okay to clear things up--

1--The Riders, as SyPhi points out, don't use a horse. They have a boring "S" with a design that seems to incorporate wheat.

2--A single horse is appropriate for the Stampeders, the name is not Stampede--so the argument, one horse is not a stampede, while true, does not apply.

The team is named after the Calgary Stampede--which does have events involving a single horse--so no problem...

3--BC Lions--yes it is badly drawn--but I like the concept---better than the previous lion head...although I like the paw logo.

4--The Eskimos double E, with the interlocking I like, the colours & Packer cloning are dull...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Okay to clear things up--

1--The Riders, as SyPhi points out, don't use a horse. They have a boring "S" with a design that seems to incorporate wheat.

2--A single horse is appropriate for the Stampeders, the name is not Stampede--so the argument, one horse is not a stampede, while true, does not apply.

The team is named after the Calgary Stampede--which does have events involving a single horse--so no problem...

3--BC Lions--yes it is badly drawn--but I like the concept---better than the previous lion head...although I like the paw logo.

4--The Eskimos double E, with the interlocking I like, the colours & Packer cloning are dull...

I actually think the Eskimos had the yellow and green colours/uniforms first....

I like your format BiB I think ill borrow it.

MLB Top Three

1) New York Mets - Skyline what else can I add (Not just becuase I'm a Mets fan either)

2) St. Louis Cardinals - Cardinals on bat w/ wordmark, a true classic that is ageless.

3) Seattle Mariners-The compass rose simple and classy

MLB Bottom Three

28) Houston Astros-They shouls ditch their logo and use the alt logo with the state of Texas as the primary.

29) San Diego Padres - Ugly colors and waves poor concept bring back the friar.

30) Texas Rangers- Looks like a Montreal Expos ripoff

NBATop Three

1) Bostin Celtics- A true classic looking at the logo brings back memories of Russell and Bird.

2) Chicago Bulls - Bulls head with blood on the horns

3) Minnesota Timberwolves - Angry wolfe over a skyline of trees

NBA Bottom Three

28) Los Angeles Clippers-Memo to Clippers dont design a logo the same way as the Lakers.

29) Washington Wizards - A complete eyesore

30) Houston Astros -Ugly dose not begin to describe this one which I think is the worst logo among the 4 Major sports.

NFL Top Three

1) Tampa bay Buccaneers -Great logo greta colors and mean looking what more could you want for the NFL

2) Tennessee Titans-A great looking logo on its won when you add teh 3 stars for Tennessee it makes it an instant classic.

3) Miami Dolphins-A Dolphin leaping against the sun, nothing says Miami more.

NFL Bottom Three

30) Buffalo Bills -Maybe it comes from them losing 4 SUper Bowls but the logo always looked like roadkill to me.

31) Atlanta Falcons-The new Flacon though more colorful looks like road kill too

32) San Diego Chargers-Its time for a change this team has gone as far as it could with the Bolt alone on teh helmet.

NHL Top Three

1) Detroit Red Wings- The Winged Wheel a true classic look taht is ageless

2) New Jersey Devils - Simple and understated yet it says so much this logo could have worked in any era.

3) San Jose Sharks-A Shark chomping on a hockey stick whats not to like

NHL Bottom Three

28) Vancouver Canucks - A ;egacy of bad uniforms and logos continues with this one thats makes one ponder what a whale has to do with Canucks.

29) Carolina Hurricanes - This logo needs to be flushed already.

30) Nashville Predators - Trully the defenetion of eyesore

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

It just looks strange to me I think the Cnaucks could do better. Since its named after Johnny Canuck make it have a Canadian feel to it like a Mountie maybe.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

NHL-the winged hubcap belonging to that Detroit team...enough said, let's move on.

MLB-the Jay-Z All-Stars, formerly known as the Toronto Blue Jays. looks more like a blue and white cardinal.

NFL-the Bengals' lazily done B. again, enough said.

NBA-no brainer for me...the Ultimate(ly Lame) Warrior

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Stampede.............

NBA Bottom Three

28) Los Angeles Clippers-Memo to Clippers dont design a logo the same way as the Lakers.

29) Washington Wizards - A complete eyesore

30) Houston Astros -Ugly dose not begin to describe this one which I think is the worst logo among the 4 Major sports.

Yes I suppose the Astros would be a terrible logo in the NBA... lol... just bugging you Tank...

Im still in shock at the playa hating going on with the Roughriders... would u prefer the 2 flaming Rs from the Ottawa Rough Riders way back when...

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

I know... I meant that the reason they probably don't use a horse is because another team already does. I probably wan't clear on that.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

I, too will Steel Brian's format--nice work.

First, I'll say that I am leaving out all Native American logos such as Chief Wahoo because I am one of those wacky people that finds them degrading. I would have them last place in all cases, but I'd like to criticize other logos instead.

PS--my favorite pro teams are from Minnesota--some favortism, but not too much.

MLB Top Three

1) St. Louis Cardinals - I love the "St. L" and the birds on the bat.

2) Colorado Rockies- I am a sucker for mountains and I like the "CR"

3) Baltimore Orioles - I love the bird on the cap.

MLB Bottom Three (excluding Atlanta and Cleveland)

26) Toronto Blue Jays - Hate the colors, hate "Jays" and miss the old logo.

27) Milwaukee Brewers - I loved their last uniforms (mid 90s until a few years ago). I just hate the "M" with the wheat underline. Yuck.

28) Tampa Bay Devil Rays - I don't even know what their colors are.

NBATop Three

1) Miami Heat- I loved it from day 1. Prefer their original jerseys, but love this logo.

2) San Antonio Spurs- Simple word "Spurs" with the spur "U". Love it.

3) Minnesota Timberwolves - I liked the old logo, but this one is solid too (except that they use the trees as jersey trim

NBA Bottom Three

28) Detroit Pistons - I never liked the horse.

29) Washington Wizards - Trendy colors and too much on the logo.

30) Philadelphia 76ers - they were good back in the pre-black uniform days.

NFL Top Three

1) Arizona Cardinals - That is as tough as a cardinal can look

2) Detroit Lions - Just an outline, but the blue and silver make it tremendous (wish they did not add the black trim).

3) Tampa Bay Bucs - Just plain well done. The only better logo in NFL history was "Bucco Bruce". I loved the old logo and orange uniforms, but if they had to make a change, I think they did a good job.

NFL Bottom Three (excluding Washington and KC)

28) Carolina/Jacksonville - Two cat teams that came into the league at the same time. Two uninspired logos.

29) Cincy Bengals-I guess the "B" is the primary logo. You gotta be kidding me.

30) Atlanta Falcons- Could'nt they have just left well-enough alone?

NHL Top Three

1) Minnesota Wild- Love the colors and the creativity (and the use of the North Star). Almost makes up for the stupid name.

2) NY Isles - Can't explain, but I always have loved it.

3) Toronto Maple Leafs-Simple but great.

NHL Bottom Three (excluding Chicago)

27) Buffalo Sabres -Black and red. Yawn. I admit there are a few worse then this and I am partly listing it because they killed such a great logo/uniform.

28) Atlanta Thrashers - I hate both logos.

29) Carolina Hurricanes - Not much to say. They went with an over-used color scheme and a boring logo.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I think they're a vicitm of situation.  What logo is there for a team called the "Roughriders" other than a horse?

This is sacreligious for me to say considering a relative of mine is their all time leading passer, but Edmonton has the worst in the CFL.  Instead of using an igloo, they insist on being the Packers' red-headed stepchild...

Stampede.............

Could you elaborate?

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I'm also stealing his format....lol

NBA Top 3

Phoenix - Good color combo and the firebird should definitly be featured more.

Sacramento - 10 times better than the old one.

Detroit - Nice job keeping the flaming horse ball logo without the cartoon colors

and bringing the classic look from their championship days into a new era

NBA Bottom 3

Memphis - I know new city and all but I really dont think that there are any grizzlies in Memphis and if there are, the sure as hell don't wear black, red, and teal/aqua/blue.

New York - Ditch the black.

Golden State - WHAT WERE YOU THINKING??????

Houston - Rockets or Javelins??

NHL Top 3

Calgary - The snorting horse head is a great way of tying the team name in with the history of the city.

Colorado - Love the logo.

New Jersey - Just because I wore a modified version when I played roller hockey in high school.

NHL Bottom 3

Los Angeles - Nothing says crappy logo like a lion wearing shades holding a hockey stick.

Detroit - Not because of the logo but the name

Edmonton - The alternate is what you get when Todd MacFarlane decides he would rather buy an NHL team than worry about his 16 Zillion other buisness deals.

NFL Top 3

Philadelphia - Better than the old full bird logo, but get rid of the black alternates and use the old one instead. (yes I am biased. McNabb to Owens....TOUCHDOWN!!!)

Denver - Nice update without losing part of their identity, but PLEASE make orange the main color again.

Houston - Great logo, great color scheme..crappy team for now.

NFL Bottom 3

Oakland - I have hated this logo since I was a kid because my dad has it on everything including his underwear.

Green Bay - G stands for generic

Kansas City - Update it already Hunt.

MLB Top 3

Oakland - You just can't mess with the White Elephant

Chicago White Sox - Just as long as they don't go back to the red version from the 70's

Arizona - The D Snake should be the primary logo

MLB Bottom 3

Toronto - Where's the Blue????

New York Yankees - God I hate Navy Blue Pinstripes in October

Los Angeles - DAMN YOU KIRK GIBSON!!!!!

93-94canucks.jpg

Not fair... teams that have the most championships in the respective sport aren't allowed to change their logos/unis. Cases in point: Yankess, Celtics, Canadiens.

Besides, what kind of logo could you draw up for a team called the Packers anyway? (and please no middle school level homoerotic puns here)

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Not fair... teams that have the most championships in the respective sport aren't allowed to change their logos/unis. Cases in point: Yankess, Celtics, Canadiens.

Besides, what kind of logo could you draw up for a team called the Packers anyway? (and please middle school level homoerotic puns here)

uh......I did a couple concepts

I admit though, they were rather cheesy :P

Archived