LA Earthquakes

Hurricane.

I like it a lot. On the first baseball version, I'd suggest adding individual stitches on the ball not just the lines. I think one complete line for the stitches only looks good when the ball is a smaller element in a bigger logo. Since the ball is a major part of the logo, stitches are needed. Although I know stitches can be a pain to make, it'd make this go from good to great.

I like it a lot. On the first baseball version, I'd suggest adding individual stitches on the ball not just the lines. I think one complete line for the stitches only looks good when the ball is a smaller element in a bigger logo. Since the ball is a major part of the logo, stitches are needed. Although I know stitches can be a pain to make, it'd make this go from good to great.

Yeah, that's the issue I'm having is the stitching. It's very difficult to make it look right.

First, cyandlux: you're totally useless. Put in some effort to your plagiarism claim and at least post an image of said rip-offed logo.

More importantly, I really like the update. The font is surprisingly well done. I usually think fonts like that are hokey, but it looks very good. The color scheme still has some issues, notably, the color of the "quake spot" and the color of the basketball sort of bleed together. I think testing out a ton of different color schemes will lead to a better option. I do think the ball and maybe even the wordmark could still shrink down a bit.

And could we get a version sans wordmark? It actually may help the design to try and do a version without it, so you can see how the ball / quake / triangle shape work together without that text breaking it up.

Good work overall, considering earthquakes aren't the most tangible things to illustrate, haha.

Straight up San Jose Earthquakes.

He drew it all himself and didn't copy and paste elements from the logo...

-The text is completely original

-The illustration of the ball is less detailed

-The background is completely different

-If you mean the shield logo, the shield is shaped differently

-The crack is on a different spot on the ball, and has less dimension to it

-The ball is simpler

-The colors are simlified

Also, here's my CnC on the logo:

I'd add a darker shadow on the logo and move the text down a bit so you can see more of the ball.

2vubvv7.jpg

Here's another.

best one so far, but keep going with the details. look at Davidson's and Tin Bacic's work (http://www.tinbacicdesign.com/) for inspiration and see how they bevel and detail their shapes. keep giving form to the shape

if you want it to be a baseball you can do the stitching by making your own pattern brush. heres how you do it in Ai

25p1mdd.png

1. start with a simple shape, a single stitch. "expand" and color it

2. copy and repeat the shape. use the "align" panel (horizontal distribute space) to make sure they are spaced evenly.

3. group and drag them all into the Brush pallete, it will be a pattern brush. choose the "approximate path" option

4. apply your new brush to any stroke

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

2vubvv7.jpg

Here's another.

best one so far, but keep going with the details. look at Davidson's and Tin Bacic's work (http://www.tinbacicdesign.com/) for inspiration and see how they bevel and detail their shapes. keep giving form to the shape

if you want it to be a baseball you can do the stitching by making your own pattern brush. heres how you do it in Ai

25p1mdd.png

1. start with a simple shape, a single stitch. "expand" and color it

2. copy and repeat the shape. use the "align" panel (horizontal distribute space) to make sure they are spaced evenly.

3. group and drag them all into the Brush pallete, it will be a pattern brush. choose the "approximate path" option

4. apply your new brush to any stroke

Thank you so much for taking the the time to show me that. I'm very frustrated with it right now but I'm currently working on it because I know I'm heading in the right direction.

Archived