wloowarrior22 BigTen Concept Series

wloowarrior22

So I have been working on a set of BigTen concepts for a little while now, and even though I saw there is at least one more BigTen series going on, I'm going to post them anyways because my designs don't seem very similar at all. My main goal is to get rid of tacky piping, and give the BigTen a more classic look to fit the style of play the BigTen is known for, while still keeping them somewhat modern. Some are complete overhauls, and some are minor tweaks and changes. Here we go. I'll start off with 2 for now to get it started and I'll try and post one or two a day.

I'll start things off with the state of Illinois.

Illinois

The first thing I wanted to do was bring back orange as the main color. The second thing I wanted to do was give them a classic look and give them some consistant striping. I think the set ended up turning out ok.

illinois.png

Northwestern

I didn't end up doing a whole lot to the Northwestern set. I made the black jersey the home, to bring back the look they had in 95. I put some outlines on the numbers and logos, and put the number on the shoulders. To be honest this is one of my least favorite ones out of the new group, but I didn't want to lead off with my best stuff first.

norhtwestern.png

Let me know what you think. I have all teams done so let me know who you want to see next

I'm not really feeling Illinois. The striping is alright since you're going for more traditional looks. I'd like to see the orange helmet used more, since they've had an orange helmet forever, and I would put the current Illinois script on the helmet. I just really like Illinois' current lids. Then I would take the "Illini" out of the helmet logo and put it on the chest.

I actually really like Northwestern. Fittingly you used Northwestern stripes, and I like the plain pants with the stripeless helmet.

Ohio State

As much as it pains me to say it, Ohio State has a pretty solid look going for it right now so I didn't want to do a whole lot to it. The main thing I did was add a silver stripe to the outline of the sleeve stripes and updated the font as well as giving it a silver outline. I also added a set of white pants as an alternate.

ohiostate.png

Michigan

Now I'm pretty sure people are going to hate the away set on these but I figured I'd try something different. I wanted to keep the home set pretty much the same since it is so classic, but I added a wordmark above the numbers and the logo on the collar. For the away set I wanted to go a completely different route and gave the Wolverines a throwback look to 1974 when they went 10-1 I believe. That involved giving them white pants and sleeve stripes. I think I might catch a little heat for it but I think it was a really good look for them

michigan-1.png

Let me know what you think and I'll keep posting more

Illinois: I like the home and away sets but the 3rd looks exactly like auburn. Im not really feelin the helmet. Would rather see the block "I". maybe keep the white one as an alt

NW: I really like this set. I would have the collar colors match the jersey on the black and purple set. It might be nice to see a set of black and/or purple pants as well.

OSU + MICH: These are fantastic. great job. I really like the updated OSU sleeve stripes and the away set for michigan

cant wait to see PSU

zPfTNXq_sm_zpsu3fsswbz.jpg 8DRvuUI_sm_zpsthbhbnio.jpg

Maurer_icons-02_zps7dcbd790.png Maurer_icons-01_zpsfee43a9b.png

Everyone's afraid to touch Michigan's home jersey, IDK why. Concepts are meant to be conceptual, so why not live a little?

Anyway, like what you've done so far (even though we're practically doing the same series haha). But those Illinois helmets (and shade of blue) have to change. Not digging it.

Penn State

For Penn State I didn't want to deviate a whole lot from their current look, I changed their helmets only by adding a grey facemask instead of blue, because if they want an old school helmet they should go with the grey in my opinion. I also gave them back the cuff stripe but got rid of the collar. I updated the font and added a logo to the collar and pants.

pennstate.png

Michigan State

MSU might be the most modern update that I did for the BigTen, but still pretty classic, aside from the font. I just gave them a simple striping pattern to mimic their hockey uniforms a bit, and added a white helmet.

michiganstate-1.png

Let me know what you think and who you want to see next. I'll keep them coming

Are you using PMS colors? It looks a little too washed out to me. I'm not too keen on the goldish-grey either. IMO, we should be green and white, nothing more. that's how it's always been, and always should be. It's like BFBS, but instead of black, it's bronze for us.

Are you using PMS colors? It looks a little too washed out to me. I'm not too keen on the goldish-grey either. IMO, we should be green and white, nothing more. that's how it's always been, and always should be. It's like BFBS, but instead of black, it's bronze for us.

I took the green directly from the offical colors on their website, and I wasn't going to use bronze until I saw that they were trying to indrodeuce it more and more through all the sports. It started off as a throwback but it had the same striping as some of the others and I didn't want to keep doing that same stripe and it didn't work with the bronze.

Purdue

For Purude I just incorporated the helmet stripe and made it consistant throughout. Thats about all for them

purdue.png

Indiana

Indiana needs to get rid of what they got now because they are awful with all of the piping. So I gave them a shoulder stripe pattern to mimic their basketball warmup pants that are so famous.

indiana.png

Iowa

For my beloved Hawkeyes, I didn't change a whole lot. I like their current look, but what I did was got rid of the bottom two stripes on the sleeve to give them a little seperating from the Steelers since everyone likes to complain about that. Also kept that sleeve stripe on the throwback alternate jersey. Nothing crazy, but I like it.

iowa.png

Minnesota

For Minnesota I decided to go throwback with them. I lost my picture with the year I based these on, but I'm sure some Gopher fan will be able to tell me, but I gave them gold helmets, tieing them in with their hockey team, and gave them a simple three stripe pattern. I really like these, mostly for the fact that they don't have tons of ridiculous piping.

minnesota.png

Let me know what you think

My only complaint on the Iowa uniforms is how the pants stripe just ends, don't really care for that look on their uni's and don't think it fits in well. What's the circle on their helmet? On Minnesota, like the look but think it would be even better without the white in the striping on the pants and jersey sleeve.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

Archived