New York Knicks Orange Alternate - Update

-DASH

First of all I wanna apologize if somebody already did something like this and I didn't saw it. I am not on the forum for long time so sorry again.

:) This is first concept in my life and I personally think it's good for a start. This version will have changes because I don't like some details (logo on the back and collar). Changes will also be based on your comments of course. Fell free to comment and criticize, that's the only way I can get better in this. :D Credits to Hoopskid for this beautiful template (bow)

Version 2.

nyk.png

spacer.png

Plus, all the lettering/numerals would probably look betterin blue trimmed in white.

I was thinking to do the same thing but I was too lazy for that :P Sidepanel is detroit-denver combined. And you are right for the rest, I will try to remake it.

spacer.png

It's pretty good. That wordmark looks better on a jersey than I was expecting.

I really dig the placement of the alternate logos and the side panels. Not exactly original, but better than what they have now.

I would at least consider switching the alternate logos though. I feel like there's already "Knicks" on the front of the jersey, so maybe not so much a need for the "KNICKS" alternate logo on the back of it. You could slap that one the shorts and place the NYK above the name-on-back, if you want.

Generally speaking about a Knicks orange alternate, it will work if they don't overwear it. Maybe they should save it for special occasions like Thanksgiving, NYE, NYD, and possibly Easter (I'm not sure if they wear the green jersey on Easter, but I'm pretty sure they don't). It will look bad if they wear it too much, though.

I'm having mixed feelings about the Knicks dropping black, though. Despite some of the hate for BFBS I think a black jersey with their trim colors could have been nice, and I'm pretty sure it would sell better than an orange alternate.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Yeah that was me who did the same thing haha. I guess that I should be proud that we both had the same idea. Anyways, I really like it being your first try. The side panel looks pretty good IMO though. I guess also that we both learned that the "Knicks" wordmark looks pretty good on a jersey. Overall very good job that would make a very nice alternate for the home and road that I just made. :P

I agree, well done concept. Hopefully you'll make a home and road uniform to complete the entire set, but seeing Denver's template, adjusting to fit the Knicks actually works quite well, when it comes to the concept. Plus, I like the "Knicks" logo you used for the back of the jersey. I'm not sure if that's an update of a previous logo or your own, but it works well here.

Archived