Black and Yellow baseball

Discrim

Alright, I've been thinking about altering my football template for a while, and figured it wouldn't hurt to clean up my baseball template while I was at it. Cus honestly, under the hood the whole thing was a cluster:censored:. In any event, here goes my last set from my old template, Iowa baseball...

iowabaseballmain2.png

iowabaseballalt2.png

iowabaseballvests2.png

Yeh, the wings theme is restricted to sleeve patches this time out, and you can also see I elected against another black-on-black, but used graphite roads instead.

And now here goes the debut of my new temp...

piratesset1.png

I'm not sure whether I'll add alts to this or not, simply because I'd really only done this one to do it. Anyways, in case you couldn't tell, the homes have gold pinstripes and the grays aren't as dark as Iowa's, but I felt a darker than normal gray would still work here.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

This is awful. 1st: The gray is way too dark. 2nd: Black pants are for softball. 3rd: The front of the vest on Iowa is way too busy, especially the number. 4th: The Pirates away looks like a college/ high school jersey. Needs so much improvement.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

This is awful.

Real nice ^_^

I dont know anything about baseball, but I love that pirates jersey on the right. I actually think the grey looks really nice, It's a different kind of color scheme, and I actually think it looks great with the yellow, makes it pop. I don't really have much to say but I really like this, good work on the template as well.

This is awful. 1st: The gray is way too dark. 2nd: Black pants are for softball. 3rd: The front of the vest on Iowa is way too busy, especially the number. 4th: The Pirates away looks like a college/ high school jersey. Needs so much improvement.

Wow. Nice.

Anyhow, I like these looks with the exception of the yellow pinstripes. I'm thinking on television and/or from a distance the effect will look washed out/ just pale yellow.

1. I take it you've never seen a Discrim concept before?

2. It's certainly a lot less awful than this atrocity:

BSUcombat.png

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I'm sorry for the unkindness. I just said what I thought. I expressed how I felt about his concept. Are we not allowed to express how we feel?

Edit: Hey Lights Out. I said I made that concept bad on purpose. Plus I didnt now what I was doing with my concepts then because I knew nothing how to make them.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Glad you changed the template, because it was VERY cluttered on that Iowa concept.

Concept comments: I actually like the Iowa unis. Not big on the vests though, they are WAY too cluttered. Pirates? They're okay, but I would try to give them a more cohesive look.

As an aside, can we just focus on the topic at hand for once? Instead of bringing up the past? And griffinmarlins, I understand you're just expressing your opinion, but word choice is important. I wouldn't call this awful if I liked it or hated it more than anything. Time went in to this. You should be a little more understanding.

To clarify what I meant as far as the template goes, as I said the old template's main problems were under the hood, not on top. Wouldn't be anything that would jump out to anybody but me, simply because I've never released that template for general use (though since I'd based it on RC's paint baseball temp, I never felt the need to). Basically, I needed to make my temp easier for me to use.

Thanks for the comments so far, as far as Iowa goes, I'd always liked their winged yoke from 94-95 and try to incorporate it in some form whenever I do the Hawkeyes...and I coulda had black pinstripes and regular grays for the Pirates, but then that wouldn't be much of a concept, would it? :P

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

The logos on the jerseys, on the whole, are too big. they'd be running underneath the players' arms.

The gray IS too dark. Lighten that up a bit.

The first set for Iowa is pretty good. I like the ideas, and the execution is pretty solid. The rest...it's overkill. Go with either the set of alternates, or the vest set. None of them are good enough to stand out from the rest, and it just seems like too much. Maybe take the white vest and the black hawkeyes script, or transfer the script to the dark vest.

as for the Pirates, not digging the raglan sleeves. The Pirates had gold pinstripes, but they were combined with black. If they actually existed, I could imagine gold pinstripe jerseys quickly being known as "the piss jerseys" around here, because they'll definitely fade into a pale yellow from a distance.

Sorry, the Iowa concept has a lot of potential, but the Pirates one needs to go back to the drawing board

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I'm gonna go ahead and say I actually like the Iowa jerseys. All but the third set because the logos are a tad big. Other than that, I completely fell in love with it and I don't know why.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

really? because i think it looks great. Especially the pirates, i really like the shade of gray used on the road uniforms. it's the rare instance where i actually like gray as the road uniform mainly because it has a 'steel city' feel to it when combined with the black.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I actually like the home Pirates set a lot. Yellow pinstripes is unique.

The road...great color scheme but the design just doesn't work. Love the gunmetal gray/black/yellow together and it would work great on a cap (gray front panel on black cap) and BP jerseys, but the dark uniform and those 80s-ish sleeves just don't work for me.

87Redskins.png

Archived