Worst... Unis... Ever

MilTownMVP

If you thought the '79 White Sox had it bad, peep this picture I just received of their single A club, the Appleton Foxes from that same year.

Too bad they didn't patent the idea though. MLB would've had to pay royalties through the yin-yang for that TATC promotion.

foxes_1979.gif

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Yeah, Big Boy was an aspiring pitcher untill he blew a knee out. Then, he went and got a job waiting tables. Turned into a mascot job, holding up a burger the size of a sea turtle.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

As a matter of a fact.. here is Big Boy's uniform.

af_baseball.gif

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

God Aweful - I remember these. Saw the white sox in KC one year with 'em on - we laughed. Unfortunately, Chicago won the game and had the last laugh. One game at Chicago, they even worn shorts with those tops. Looked like a softball team. Anybody got a picture of that game?

I can say I was there, not proud of it, but I saw it - geeezzz :wacko:

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Hey, tank, look at the bottom of the picture

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

One game at Chicago, they even worn shorts with those tops. Looked like a softball team. Anybody got a picture of that game?

Yep.

whitesox76.jpg

They actually wore 'em in the first game of a doubleheader. They got such a hard time for wearing them, they went back to regular pants for the second game.

But the White Sox weren't the first team to wear shorts. Way back in 1950, the Hollywood Stars did it:

shorts1.jpg

And they didn't switch back full-time to long pants until 1953.

I always kind of liked those old pajama uniforms. Partially because they're the ones I grew up with, and partially because it was an attempt at modernizing their early 1900's look.

--Eriq.

Hey, tank, look at the bottom of the picture

Or even what I said in the first sentence.

But I took it as sarcasm.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

shorts1.jpg

I think this is a candidate for the "funny quotes" thread...

snappers_sig.gif

Archived