Dressed to the Nines

eww7633

Also Colorwex hasn't been updated in awhile. Wonder if anyone knows what the deal with that is.

Ever think that he is just one man who has other responsibilities in his life to do other than the site?

I'm just asking a question. No need to jump down my throat about it. If nobody knows then nobody knows. Its not something I'm losing sleep over.

How is one man running it anyway? I thought it was being run out of the BBHOF. It's a part of their site, so their tech people should be able to fix it at some point.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Why only 60 years? Terribly arbitrary and random.

I understand that it's a big job, but If you're going to do this, you should start either with 1900 or the founding of the American League in 1901.

My plan was to go 60 years because that was the agreement I had with Mark Okkonen. He doesn't want his book to be obsolete and I can certainly understand that. But with a website anything is fair game. So I would be glad to do all of the same years he did and I even created a template with the longer sleeves to represent that time period.

His book is great but it is out of print and out of date...so it is obsolete.

I have to disagree with you there. People still buy it and use it. The reason is because it's the only thing out there. But that is beside the point. I'll re-visit going back further at a later time. The great thing about this is that 60 years is going to still give us a few thousand uniforms to work with, After that, we can slowly incorporate the earlier uniform designs until eventually the website will need minor maintenance once a year for that year's uniform updates.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived