BASEBALL ALL-TIME DRAFT: Discussion Thread (PLEASE LOCK)

Dexter Morgan

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How come we're drafting 6 starting pitchers? A rotation only consists of five.

Because there are far more great starting pitchers than there are relievers. You actually can get select 7 starters. Your long man in the pen doesn't have to have bullpen experience.

How come we're drafting 6 starting pitchers? A rotation only consists of five.

Because there are far more great starting pitchers than there are relievers. You actually can get select 7 starters. Your long man in the pen doesn't have to have bullpen experience.

Good point.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

I'm about to select my 5th starting pitcher, oddball you have only selected 2 thus far.

And your point is what? There are hundreds of quality starters out there to select from, why waste picks on guys when I've already got two aces?

Johan joins my rotation. B) 4 LHP in Yankee Stadium, gotta love it, but I should probably draft a RHP to close out my rotation. BTW KDub, if I had my way, CC Sabathia would be my 5th starter, but Johan will due just fine.

#P- Grover Cleveland Alexander, RHP (1911-1930, PHI, CHC, STL)

#32- Steve Carlton, LHP (1965-1988, STL, PHI, SFG, CHW, CLE, MIN)

#11- Carl Hubbell, LHP (1928-1943, NYG)

#49- Ron Guidry, LHP (1975-1988, NYY)

#57- Johan Santana, LHP (2000- , MIN, NYM)

Murphy's 30s are just... scary. Would not have been one of my picks this early. Not at all.

It's the 11th round. How much longer before it's not "too early" to pick someone? B)

In any case, both Oddball and I disagree. Him more than me maybe. I'm very pleased to have gotten Dale Murphy. His top seasons more than make up for the latter part of his career. I will say this though, there was one player I had completely forgotten about when I made my pick. Had I remembered him, I would have rolled the dice on Murphy lasting another round and taken the player I forgot about. Here's hoping he's still there with my next pick.

EDIT: I just saw that you picked my forgotten player. It was Larry Doby. Back to the drawing board I guess.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Murphy's 30s are just... scary. Would not have been one of my picks this early. Not at all.

It's the 11th round. How much longer before it's not "too early" to pick someone? B)

In any case, both Oddball and I disagree. Him more than me maybe. I'm very pleased to have gotten Dale Murphy. His top seasons more than make up for the latter part of his career. I will say this though, there was one player I had completely forgotten about when I made my pick. Had I remembered him, I would have rolled the dice on Murphy lasting another round and taken the player I forgot about. Here's hoping he's still there with my next pick.

EDIT: I just saw that you picked my forgotten player. It was Larry Doby. Back to the drawing board I guess.

We aren't even halfway through this.

Signature.png

TrophyCase-1.png

Anybody else have any complaints about our divisional alignment.

Yes. First off, let me second what Lights Out said; we don't need an alignment. Second, we reluctantly let you into this thing. (Against my strong objections I might add) Why don't you just make your picks, build your team, shut the :censored: up about alignment, and limit what conversation you do get involved in to what's relevant to this thread. In other words, for once in your tenure here, why not prove everyone wrong and show us you can act normal?

BB52Big.jpg

We aren't even halfway through this.

This type of post is exactly what I'm referring to in my previous post. The conversation was between bruschimania and me. No one asked you for your opinion. 11 rounds is more than enough to stop qualifying as "early."

BB52Big.jpg

Yes. First off, let me second what Lights Out said; we don't need an alignment. Second, we reluctantly let you into this thing. (Against my strong objections I might add) Why don't you just make your picks, build your team, shut the :censored: up about alignment, and limit what conversation you do get involved in to what's relevant to this thread. In other words, for once in your tenure here, why not prove everyone wrong and show us you can act normal?

Thank you, Lights Out.

Thank you, Lights Out.

That's great and I appreciate it, but I'm not Lights Out. :P

BB52Big.jpg

Thank you, Lights Out.

That's great and I appreciate it, but I'm not Lights Out. :P

Ah, crap I got that out of the first line of that. So let me give you a proper thanks.

Thank you, Infrared. :grin:

Ah, crap I got that out of the first line of that. So let me give you a proper thanks.

Thank you, Infrared. :grin:

My pleasure.

On topic: The Crawfords have selected their manager and GM. The Crawfords have hired John Schuerholz to be their GM. Calling the shots in the dugout will be one Cornelius McGillicuddy (better known as Connie Mack.)

Rounding out the staff...

Pitching coach: Johnny Sain

Hitting coach: Charlie Manuel

Third base coach: Tommy Lasorda

First base coach: George Hendrick

Bullpen coach: Dave Duncan

BB52Big.jpg

Archived