Big Bash League

Alphabet Man

So, the logo for the Hurricanes is... a tornado? Two different weather phenomena there, gents.

It looks like all the logos got done in one session, possibly over as long as two days. Most have the air of a video game create-a-team. And "Big Bash League" is the most laughable name for a sporting league I've heard since "SlamBall". Will the bowlers be propelling themselves forward with the help of trampolines, by chance?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I've seen that R in the Renegades somewhere before.

And the Scorchers O is very similar to the soccer club Glory.

All in all it is passable for a sport that was lacking until T20 came along.

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

Radioshack perhaps?

I would have preffered they kept the State teams.

Scorchers kinda remind me of the New Zealand Breakers for some reason.

The first thing I thought when I saw the Renegades was Radioshack. But its the only logo without gradients.

Cricket Australia should have been able to do much better.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

So, the logo for the Hurricanes is... a tornado? Two different weather phenomena there, gents.

Not only that, but the term 'Hurricane' doesn't really get used in Australia - it's all 'Cyclone' down here.

Sydney Thunder looks like a new Gatorade flavour.

Radioshack perhaps?

On the Boards as well Redbirds or Redhawks?

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

Brisbane Heat logo has a lot of potential and Melbourne Stars looks good too. Everything else though is pretty much all over the place.

But what's with choosing american franchise names for sydney teams? First giants and now thunder, only sixers name makes sense.

Not identical, but a similar idea: Oklahoma_Redhawks.gif

Yeh that's one of them, it's just about right on.

Brisbane Heat logo has a lot of potential and Melbourne Stars looks good too. Everything else though is pretty much all over the place.

But what's with choosing american franchise names for sydney teams? First giants and now thunder, only sixers name makes sense.

Most of NSW - Sydney rep teams are called Blues or something unimaginative.

The thing i find funny is that the Queensland womens team is the Scorchers. :grin:

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

Cricket Australia instructed the teams not to use animal or bird mascots, and I believe historical names were also barred.

Archived