Pittsburgh Penguins Logo Concept

gojetsgo

Here is my second hockey logo posting today...

This Pittsburgh Penguins logo is a mix of old and new style. Although they won't need a Penguins logo after they move to Winnipeg... but that's another story...

I can't seem to be able to get the lettering in the circle perfect. I'm using Wordart in Microsoft Word for the lettering for lack of a better program. Is there a better program for writing text along perfect circles or other shapes? Or does everyone just do it by hand?

Here's the logo:

Penguins logo

Tell me what you think.

that is the best logo i have seen around here in awhile. all u need is to get it vectorized :shocked:

good job man keep em coming

Thanks for the compliment. This is may be plain ignorance speaking here.. but what the heck is vectorized? Sounds like I'm missing out on a handy-dandy program for logo-making.

Okay, this is just a frank and honest opinion, since you're a nOOb, but those two logos need to be put in the trash. I just can't read the Oilers lettering on the oil, and the Penguins' logo is so awful, I wouldn't adopt that for all the tea in the Lipton facility before they move to Houston, which is the first place they'd concider if they moved anywhere if they cannot get a new arena deal in Pittsburgh. Winnipeg looks like with their new arena a new WHA canadate for all I would know.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

I see where you're trying to go with it, but I don't think it works... all I see is a yellow ribbon. Valiant effort, though.

And sorry, dude, but the Pens are staying put.

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

Okay, this is just a frank and honest opinion, since you're a nOOb, but those two logos need to be put in the trash. I just can't read the Oilers lettering on the oil, and the Penguins' logo is so awful, I wouldn't adopt that for all the tea in the Lipton facility before they move to Houston, which is the first place they'd concider if they moved anywhere if they cannot get a new arena deal in Pittsburgh. Winnipeg looks like with their new arena a new WHA canadate for all I would know.

ouch

Wow...Pretty bold words for a guy with a whopping 3 weeks and zero concepts under his belt (I apologize if you have posted something... it must have been so unremarkable that I simply can't recall it right now).

--------

Anyway, back to the design... creative, but poorly executed. I can see what you're going for... try building on it... you'll get there.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

"Wow...Pretty bold words for a guy with a whopping three weeks under his belt."

Just call me the Simon Cowell of the board. Brutually honest and frank at the same time.

"Wow...Pretty bold words for a guy with a whopping three weeks under his belt."

Just call me the Simon Cowell of the board. Brutually honest and frank at the same time.

Hardly. Cowell has the decency to only come around once a week, and with the option of changing the channel.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

"Just call me the Simon Cowell of the board. Brutually honest and frank at the same time."

"Hardly. Cowell has the decency to only come around once a week, and with the option of changing the channel."

Correction. Tuesday AND Wednesday nights. So does that make you the Randy Jackson of the board, dog?

I suppose you would have liked the logo better if I was less creative and took one of the existing Penguins logos and changed the colors?

When I say "feel free to critique" I'm looking for constructive criticism (by the way thanks to those who offered me that). This isn't American Idol and Simon is a tool.

And James, I'd like to see your stuff. Share it with the cruel world.

Seriously.... the rules around here say, be kind...

if you have something negative to say, add something with it that would help the designers.

James, all you do is bash, and make an ass of yoruself. Stop it.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Archived