New England Patriots Logo

MDGP

Did he just get dine blowing a dude

Very insightful and helpful post, please post more like that. Also it's done* not dine.

I think the upgrade is a great upgrade. But I agree with the others, hat needs to be a little bigger, and although a great upgrade of PP but just the original logo and any upgrade is still far too detailed and large to make a good helmet logo. I always wondered if the Pats either went with a script "Patriots" or "Pats" on their helmet how'd that look for to get really funky a stylized tri-corner design on the helmet itself. But good work anyways.

spacer.png

Did he just get dine blowing a dude

Aaaand this just confirmed that you have limited knowledge of sports.

Anyways, I love the idea of this, and I believe this logo could be used on an alternate jersey or helmet. It is better than the primary (by a mile), but as others have said, it's just too detailed. Just keep working on the face, you've really improved it so far.

I'm bothered by the fact that his arms are about the same thickness as his legs. Do you know anyone who has a bicep as big as their thigh?

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

This is similar to an update concept I did about a year and a half ago. I think it's on page 97 or 98 of the concepts thread by now. I did a few revisions and GFB posted his updated version he had done a few years ago. I still think the Flying Elvis works better for the current time but I grew up with Pat as the logo so I do have a soft spot for it.

Alright, thanks for the comments everybody, I see that the biggest issue I'm facing right now is the details, so I'll get working on an update for that. I'll do some more on the head to make him a bit more realistic as well.

and erict22, I don't even know where to begin in thanking you for that comment. It is easily the most insightful critique of my work thus far. :rolleyes:

logoman, I totally agree with you that the current logo is better for the time. Seeing how most of the other NFL logos are stylized, it fits perfectly. Personally, I've always loved Pat Patriot, and really, I made this as sort of a "what if the NFL began using updated vintage logos" project (Kinda like what Golden State did in the NBA).

pianoknight, I see what you mean about the arm size, but that is mostly caused by perception. The arm wouldn't be bigger than the thigh, but it is in the foreground, so it looks larger. If you look the right forearm, you can see that it is slightly smaller than his shin, which is pretty accurate (well, based on my forearm and shin it is, not sure about other people).

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

UPDATE!

Head: For this, I made the hat larger and reworked the hair. For the face, I make the jawline slimmer, and gave Pat new eyes, which are angrier, and (hopefully) remove the frankenstein look. A new mouth was added as well.

Body: Here, I just attempted to simplify the chest area. I also made the buttons on the coat red in order to stand out better.

Screenshot2011-08-01at114538PM.png

Look for an alternate logo in the next few days!

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Very nice update.

Here's some things I noticed.

Socks look like shin guards. Maybe round them a bit more, so they flow with the White pants.

Yes, I know it originally looked like that, but if you're updating, why not improve that part?

On the right leg there's a nick at the calf where it looks like it's not really connected.

And, as mentioned above, the silver skin gives him a monster like appearance.

Perhaps try White skin, and make the vest silver inside the jacket.

180px-New_England_Patriots_logo_old.svg.png

Having said all that, I hope to only see this once a year on a Throwback uniform as to me it represents an era of bad ownership, 1-15 seasons and just losing in general.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

I really think the mouth needs some work as well, what I like about the orginal is the grin.. I thinking adding it to your concept would be great. I echo what everyone has been saying about simplifying the chest area.. But keep up the great work!

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

Archived