New England Patriots Logo

MDGP

Talking to other Patriots fans, I've come to discover just how many people want the team to return to the old Pat Patriot logo. While the Flying Elvis is a good logo, most people I know (including myself) would prefer the original with the current color scheme. However, looking at that logo, it is clear that it wouldn't work on the current helmet (specifically the color scheme). So... I decided to update it.

My plan was to combine eras, specifically streamlining the logo. I mostly kept the logo similar to the original, though I made several large changes--One was the head--The goofy smile of the original logo had to go; it just doesn't reflect the intensity of football, so I replaced it with a much more serious look. I also made the skin silver, specifically tying it to the current color scheme. Finally, I gave the overcoat of the soldier rolled up sleeves. This...well, to tell you the truth, I just thought this looked better.

So, without further ado, the new and improved Pat Patriot.

*UPDATE IN POST 15*

Screenshot2011-07-30at92034PM.png

and here is the original for reference

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0b/New_England_Patriots_logo_old.svg

C+C is welcome

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

It is a great update LaFarge.

Agree with JimmyN64 about the hat, it is a tad to little.

@ Lights Out Why would'nt they just put PATS on the sides of thier helmets?.

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

Kinda reminds me of the guy from clockwork orange.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Alright, thanks for the comments guys. Now that I look at it, the hat is definitely too small for the head, so I'll have to go back and fix it.

Regarding the helmet, I plan to come up with several different variations on the helmets when I do uniforms, which will be up, most likely on monday or tuesday. I'm also contemplating some alternate logos and a wordmark, but I'm not sure about them yet.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Talking to other Patriots fans, I've come to discover just how many people want the team to return to the old Pat Patriot logo. While the Flying Elvis is a good logo, most people I know (including myself) would prefer the original with the current color scheme. However, looking at that logo, it is clear that it wouldn't work on the current helmet (specifically the color scheme). So... I decided to update it.

My plan was to combine eras, specifically streamlining the logo. I mostly kept the logo similar to the original, though I made several large changes--One was the head--The goofy smile of the original logo had to go; it just doesn't reflect the intensity of football, so I replaced it with a much more serious look. I also made the skin silver, specifically tying it to the current color scheme. Finally, I gave the overcoat of the soldier rolled up sleeves. This...well, to tell you the truth, I just thought this looked better.

So, without further ado, the new and improved Pat Patriot.

Screenshot2011-07-30at92034PM.png

and here is the original for reference

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0b/New_England_Patriots_logo_old.svg

C+C is welcome

The face looks like Herman Munster to me:

herman.jpg

spacer.png

Ok, update time! I reduced the shadowing around the eye to remove the emo effect, and also tried to give Pat an angrier expression. I also made the hat larger. I personally don't see a resemblance to Herman Munster (besides the large jaw) so I didn't do anything to fix that. :P

Screenshot2011-07-31at125554AM.png

Keep the C+C coming!

The hat still needs to be larger especially in comparison to his shoulders and body size. The top of the hat is too visible. The "outer or front" part of the hat should be larger and wider, like in the real old Pats logo.

I know youre just copying the real logo, but that logo had too much detail in his chest and stomach area. This has great potential, but it is too detailed in comparison to most modern logos (particualrly NFL logos).

It's an improvement over th real logo in the sense that it is smoother, but it is downgrade in the sense that he is less intens and a little awkard looking. The posture of the real logo is perfect IMO, while your version's posture is a little more awkard. The front hand appears to be going straight down while on the real logo the arm is obviously coming forward.

Not trying to be too harsh but since this is just re-rendering a real logo, you'd be better off tracing the real one and then stylizing it in a modern way.

Ok, update time! I reduced the shadowing around the eye to remove the emo effect, and also tried to give Pat an angrier expression. I also made the hat larger. I personally don't see a resemblance to Herman Munster (besides the large jaw) so I didn't do anything to fix that. :P

Screenshot2011-07-31at125554AM.png

Keep the C+C coming!

I like it a lot , very good modernizing of PP. That being said I think there is still too much going on in the middle chest/coat area. I love the cross straps and the P but the rest sort of get to busy behind it. If there was a way to just simplify that you would have it perfect

Archived