Portfolio Slideshow

CJworks

Hey guys,

I've been pretty busy lately with some portfolio work before the summer ends, and this was just one of the pieces that I've worked on. It's nothing flashy like Davidson's videos usually are, but more of a slideshow piece inspired by

. There's not too much to it, I made it on Windows Movie Maker just to promote myself a bit. Just a bunch of sport-related work I've piled up onto one slideshow.

What do you guys think?

It's very nice, but perhaps that's not the best song choice. Do you really want it saying, "My weakness is, that I can't do much" several times throughout? Not exactly the best music to sell your abilities. Maybe try something instrumental, and let your great work do the talking.

spacer.png

Very Nice, but the song choice really is not that good thats my only thing on it, simple and to the point, I'm assuming your using this for college applications/schloarships? as for I did the same last year, I actually went ahead and used an instrumental piece, creating my own using a Keyboard and Garage Band, the little extra effort goes a long way there. But nice Pieces I must say.

Are you using it as a promotional piece in hopes of getting a design job? Are you looking for a specific field of design or just to get your foot in the door?

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

Are you using it as a promotional piece in hopes of getting a design job? Are you looking for a specific field of design or just to get your foot in the door?

I'm a freelance designer right now, but my hopes are to just get my name out there an promote my work to hopefully land a job.

It didn't even phase me that the song didn't quite fit the overal vibe (probably cause it was 2 a.m.). I'll post an update in a bit.

I'm a freelance designer right now, but my hopes are to just get my name out there an promote my work to hopefully land a job.

It didn't even phase me that the song didn't quite fit the overal vibe (probably cause it was 2 a.m.). I'll post an update in a bit.

Can I make a suggestion then? I would strongly suggest having something more diverse. If you want to land a job in the design field, show work that encompasses a broader range. It will go a lot farther than a few minutes of sports logos.

That being said, the stuff you've shown is pretty good.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

I'll give you a piece of advice that will do you well. Ditch the music in the video. If you're work is strong enough, then you don't need music to sell yourself. Music is just fluff and unless you're doing music videos, movies, or an ad agency trying to pitch to a Fortune 500 company, loose the music. Most people looking for a designer don't want to be blasted by some hard rock music. Also think about the people who you want to view your work and the setting that they are in. More than likely it's an office with cubicles, and sure some people have offices, but they have their doors open. If your piece comes up and starts blasting music, think about all the people that are going to be annoyed, and think about if someone is on a conference call. I sit in an office with two other people and my speakers are on so that when an email comes in I'm alerted to it. If your work is good, you don't need music. Subconsciously when I see someone's work with music behind it and they're just starting, I think, "What are they trying to hide? What can't they do? Come back to me when you are confident in your work and you don't need music to "pump" it up." As soon as the music hits, most people in an office are going to shut it off and be turned off by you and not come back. Give them a nice, clean, and silent video and you'll do a lot better. Go to Josh Ming's website and look how he presents himself. I've always admired his skill set, but also how he presents himself professionally.

You are insanely young to be so talented. Keep up the good work.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

A lot of the sports logos lack explanation. It's a nice floating chief head, but what's it for? Is it fantasy or professional? A bit of direction would help me understand intention/your experience.

I like to flip through things myself. I'm not for video, a more Flash like program would be what I would use.

Dude, all your stuff is insanely awesome. I don't think you'd have too much trouble getting a job of some sort in graphic design. I'm hoping that by the time I'm graduating high school, I can put together something similar to this.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Archived