TB8's NCAA Football Series

TylerBray8

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here we go. Back with the Big XII.

Baylor Bears

For Baylor...I wanted to go with an athletic gold instead of the gold that they currently use, b/c the Baylor logo uses that color. Also, I wanted to incorporate a little black into the set. The number font is inspired by the Baylor wordmark. You will see that I gave Baylor a green helmet instead of gold, and white is a secondary option. And lastly brought the bear paw logo on to the pants.

Baylor1.pngBaylor2.png

Baylor3.png

Iowa State Cyclones

The triple shoulder stripe look isn't for Iowa State IMO. However, I'm not saying they need to go all out on their uniform. So I gave them "consistent red sleeves" with the logo on them, and a little piping going around the sleeve. The pants are just plain red or yellow with the I logo on the side. Nothing special, but not boring either.

IowaState1.pngIowaState2.png

IowaState3.png

Kansas Jayhawks

I'm not a fan of the grey pants for Kansas...so that's the first thing I got rid of, replacing them with white and blue. Then the jersey, there's not really too much you can do with the techfit jersey...so I just went with white piping with a little red design(blue on the red and white jerseys) and a contrasting collar. Kept the Jayhawk's font. And the helmet has the full Jayhawk now.

Kansas1.pngKansas2.png

Kansas3.png

Untitled.png

Kansas State Wildcats

I remember seeing a similar design to this one somewhere on these boards. I think it may have been Brave-Bird's revamp madness. But anyways, the striping on the jersey is supposed to resemble the K-State Wildcat logo. I brought the basketball font to the football jersey. The pants simply read K-STATE down the side. And a white helmet takes over the old silver one. You'll notice that the silver isn't used as much on this set.

KansasState1.pngKansasState2.png

Missouri Tigers

This Mizzou set was pretty fun to do. The contrasting sleeve on the jersey has sublimated tiger stripes on the.(Well, they're supposed to be tiger stripes) The pants also have the tiger stripes on them. I took the M logo off the helmet, and replace it with the Tiger logo.

Missouri1.pngMissouri2.png

Missouri3.png

Oklahoma Sooners

Oklahoma goes back to the northwestern stripes. And the white jersey now reads OKLAHOMA instead of SOONERS. Not much else to say.

Oklahoma1.pngOklahoma2.png

Untitled.png

Oklahoma State Cowboys

Very very very minor change here. Just a new number font that goes with the OSU logo. I love the new Cowboys' jerseys so much....I couldn't change much. The white lid now has a black face mask. And I "fixed" the pants stripe.

OkState1.pngOkState2.png OkState3.pngOkState4.png

Texas Longhorns

I didn't want to totally overhaul the current Longhorns' set. I just wanted to make some minor "upgrades". The new number font gives it a western vibe. Added double stripe to pants and helmet. Added collar logo, and logo above the nameplate. Lastly, got rid of the squeezed in sleeve numbers.

Texas1.pngTexas2.png

Texas A&M Aggies

The Aggies get contrasting collar/cuffs on the home and away jerseys, as opposed to just on the away. The helmet goes triple stripe as well as the pants.(Inspired by the Bucky Richardson era). The maroon helmet would be primary, white is just a second option.

TexasA%2526M1.pngTexasA%2526M2.png

Untitled.png

Texas Tech Red Raiders

I HATE Texas Tech's new set. So I gave them a new look on the new UA template. It really like how it looks with the Texas Tech font. I definitely had to get rid of the white helmet. Something about it just doesn't seem right to me.

TexasTech1.pngTexasTech2.png

TexasTech3.png

And that caps off the Big XII. C&C PLEASE.

Untitled.png

that mizzou set is AMAZING! one of my favorites i'v ever seen on the boards. I actually really love the gray oklahoma state helmet set, that looks a lot better than i could have imagined. great work on the b12 man keep it up, i'm really looking forward to the next conference.

camnewton2.jpg

Auburn University Alum

Time for the B1G...Let's get into it.

Illinois Fighting Illini

Illinois + ZigZags = Perfection in my math book. ZigZags are one the of the first things that come to mind when I think of the Illinois. You'll see ZigZags on every part of the uni...including the helmet. I went with the I logo on the helmet, and a new helmet stripe. Finally, I had to go with the b-ball font for my numbers.

Illinois1.pngIllinois2.png

Illinois3.png

Indiana Hoosiers

Indiana had it right when they had they double shoulder stripes, except for those "things" that were by the armpit. So I took the "things" off and BAM.....perfect Indiana Hoosiers set.

Indiana1.pngIndiana2.png

Iowa Hawkeyes

I'm tired of Iowa looking like the Pittsburgh Steelers. So they got a new sleeve striping pattern. And I thinned out that stripe on the pants. You'll also see that I went with the updated hawkeye logo. There is now a black, and a yellow helmet.

Iowa1.pngIowa2.png

Michigan Wolverines

I know I'm probably about to get blasted for doing this, but I put MICHIGAN above the numbers on the home and away jerseys. And I went back to the NW stripes on the away. You can't really change Michigan that much without messing them up.

Michigan1.pngMichigan2.png

Untitled.png

Michigan State Spartans

As drdougfresh always says..."Green & White for MSU". The Spartans go with a solid green home with contrasting collar/cuffs. The number font is still there, just w/o the bronze. The away is reminiscent of Arkansas' away jersey(The black piping wouldn't be on this MSU one though). Green shoulders/sleeves, white everywhere else. You see the updated spartan used instead of the current one. I decided a white helmet would be nice for MSU, so I went ahead and did that.

MichiganState1.pngMichiganState2.png

Minnesota Golden Gophers

Big change here for 'Sota. I looked at the gopher logo, and based the striping off of him. So there is no more unnecessary piping. Plus it gives them a classic vibe. Double outline on the numbers to mimic the logo. "Gold" helmet takes over as the primary.

Minnesota3.pngMinnesota2.png

Minnesota1.png

Nebraska Cornhuskers

Same jersey. New font. I went old school back to the Roundslab Serif. The helmet is now double stripe to match everything else.

Nebraska1.pngNebraska2.png

Nortwestern Wildcats

It's Northwestern. How could I not give them the NW stripes. I also gave them a custom number 1, based off the N logo. I couldn't really change any other numbers. The black jersey is actually my favorite of all of them in this set.

Northwestern1.pngNorthwestern2.png

Northwestern3.png

Untitled.png

I think Wisconsin's numbers are the best part of this whole set. Nice job. The zig-zag's on Illinois' are weird. Not the actualy zig-zags we use. But I do like the addition of the two thick stripes, like the eagles pants. Great job...

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

Woops! Messed up my links. Here's the rest of the B1G.

Ohio State Buckeyes

Back to the Eddie George days with a minor change on the away stripes.

OhioState1.pngOhioState2.png

Penn State Nittany Lions

Contrasting collar/cuffs are back. Addition of pants stripe and navy blue pants as well as an alternate white helmet with the Nittany Lion on the side.

PennState1.pngPennState2.png

Purdue Boilermakers

No change here. I just took away the unnecessary white pants and added in a gold alternate and a black lid.

Purdue1.pngPurdue2.png

Purdue3.png

Wisconsin Badgers

Complete overhaul. I hate how similar their set is to Nebraska. So Wisconsin goes modern on the TechFit template. You see the Badger font used as the number font on this set.

Wisconsin1.pngWisconsin2.png

Untitled.png

Archived