Basketball recruit turns down a school because of thier colors and ugly shoes..

charger77

I got a pair of Nike running shoes and they messed me up so bad that I momentarily weighed the pros and cons of amputating my feet. Not sure what happened there, but I'm done with them.

I switched from Nike Air Zooms (or something like that -- I'm a dork and made them custom on NikeID) to Mizuno Wave Runners and had the opposite experience; the Mizuno's needed a lot of breaking in. The Nikes (with some inserts) are super comfortable, while the Mizunos -- now broken in -- make me feel like I'm working for my miles.

Different strokes, I guess.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who the hell cares if that's one deciding factor for him? He looks at Baylor, and says "I don't want to wear those uniforms for the next four years". I play tennis, and I try to only buy Nike because I PREFER NIKE. I also choose colors I like, such as yellow and light blue. Of all people, we should understand why he would make a decision or have a strong opinion on his school's apparel.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

The last time I wore Nikes was when I was 14. They were so narrow around my ankles that I was limping for a few weeks. I switched to Reebok and have worn them almost exclusively since. I've never had an issue, they always fit me comfortably, regardless of the sport-specific shoe.

I have also worn adidas on occasion, and for the most part they're comfortable as well, but sometimes get a little tight around the top of my foot. Adidas golf shoes are very comfortable.

New Balance are hit or miss...I have umpire plate shoes which are very comfortable, but the base shoes feel very rigid even after 10 games of wear,

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I got a pair of Nike running shoes and they messed me up so bad that I momentarily weighed the pros and cons of amputating my feet. Not sure what happened there, but I'm done with them.

I switched from Nike Air Zooms (or something like that -- I'm a dork and made them custom on NikeID) to Mizuno Wave Runners and had the opposite experience; the Mizuno's needed a lot of breaking in. The Nikes (with some inserts) are super comfortable, while the Mizunos -- now broken in -- make me feel like I'm working for my miles.

Different strokes, I guess.

I have comically flat feet, so my experience would seem to align with other posters' arch-related complaints about Nike. New Balance has treated me well, but they fall apart pretty fast. I suspect I'm hard on running shoes.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I would also note that Nike's dominance in basketball shoe performance does not appear to carry over to running. Most serious runners I know prefer NB, Brooks, Asics, or Saucony over Nike. But since I'm not a serious runner, I don't have a personal informed opinion.

But, as a flat-footed big man, I only play basketball in Nikes. Perhaps Adidas and Reebok have caught up performance-wise over the past decade, but I won't be the one to find out.

Never having the opportunity to choose whichever school I wanted to go to and having limited choices, I had to spend many hours deciding which of my limited options were best for me and take in ALOT of factors. I DO give a d*mn about my education and my future. I worked hard, gathering research upon research upon research...and I still "got it wrong" my first go-around (I just recently transferred schools). And to see a kid with the opportunity to do what I couldn't - to choose wherever he wanted to go - and abuse that opportunity by using superficial and ridiculous reasoning really upsets me.

Well, you wouldn't have to be upset or even give a damn about your education if you were better at putting an inflatable piece of rubber through a hoop.

You have only yourself to blame :P

Archived