Basketball recruit turns down a school because of thier colors and ugly shoes..

charger77

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is exactly why Oregon is using non-school colors.

Oh, let's not start this $#!+ again.

Anywho...the kid's an idiot, flat out, if that's his reasoning. He forgets he's getting an EDUCATION wherever he decides to go, too - there's much more to a decision like this than how two colors happen to go together on a basketball shoe. What a brat.

Oh...and is the kid colorblind? Since when were green and gold ugly?!?

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

He didn't really turn it down because of their colors and ugly shoes. He turned it down because it wasn't Nike.

He even said: "When you got ugly colors like that, you gotta be Nike."

So it really came down to "I bow down to all things Nike".

Uh, no. Read it again. He's saying that Nike does a better job of hiding what he considers ugly colors. Basically, he was referencing how Nike handles Oregon's colors (almost the same as Baylor). Don't take things out of context....that's what politicians and their minions do. :P

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Anywho...the kid's an idiot, flat out, if that's his reasoning. He forgets he's getting an EDUCATION wherever he decides to go, too - there's much more to a decision like this than how two colors happen to go together on a basketball shoe. What a brat.

How is he an idiot? He has a choice of multiple schools to go to, and if something isn't the right fit for him, even if it's over something as ultimately superficial as school colors, then he has the ability to say "No thanks" and choose somewhere else. Do I agree with him? No, but if that's important enough to him as an athlete then he has every right to make that decision.

330zl3b.png

How is he an idiot? He has a choice of multiple schools to go to, and if something isn't the right fit for him, even if it's over something as ultimately superficial as school colors, then he has the ability to say "No thanks" and choose somewhere else. Do I agree with him? No, but if that's important enough to him as an athlete then he has every right to make that decision.

He's obviously going to make his living playing basketball, and choosing a university program is a major step towards playing professionally. He's an idiot if he's letting something as superficial as colours impact that choice.

He can go anywhere he wants. Some people pick a college because: it's close to home, has a great education rep, has a great teacher-student ratio, is always in the national spotlight, has a great sports rep, is a huge party school, and etc. His choice is no different than the others, because its a choice....his choice in a free country to make that choice. People can bash this kid all they want, but NONE of you have ever been given the opportunity to choose any college in the country for free.

Consider his age and his generation, the fact that his athletic ability means people have already been kissing his ass, and every college probably inquired about him....this kid will never think like the average person.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

He can go anywhere he wants. Some people pick a college because: it's close to home, has a great education rep, has a great teacher-student ratio, is always in the national spotlight, has a great sports rep, is a huge party school, and etc. His choice is no different than the others, because its a choice....his choice in a free country to make that choice. People can bash this kid all they want, but NONE of you have ever been given the opportunity to choose any college in the country for free.

Consider his age and his generation, the fact that his athletic ability means people have already been kissing his ass, and every college probably inquired about him....this kid will never think like the average person.

Of course he can make that choice. No one's saying he can't. All I'm saying is it's a stupid choice, in my opinion.

These are SCHOOLS, first and foremost. It's often kicked aside in discussions about student-athletes (is that term even valid anymore, in all honesty?) that these kids are going to SCHOOLS, and not just playing for teams. They get educations too. And with the great opportunity/power to choose whichever school you want to, comes great responsibility. Now, obviously, if you're going to school for sports, it's like going for a certain major or program. If there's something about a school's program that doesn't work for you (ex: coach, system, history, etc.), then it's no different than say an English program being sub-par or not meeting your wants. You're looking for the right fit and caring about that fit. But, something as superficial as the colors of a uniform? That's ridiculous. It comes across to me at least that the kid doesn't give much of a d*mn about anything but looking good while he's on TV. Baylor isn't a bad program at all (recent Elite Eight!), and he apparently had a great relationship with Scott Drew. Nothing seemingly wrong with the program itself...he just can't be seen in Green and Gold! Oh no!

Now, am I saying he should have chosen Baylor? Absolutely not. But it's really...for lack of a better term, "snobby" of a kid to turn away a good program not for program or "fit" reasons, but because he doesn't want to wear team colors. It just comes across to me that way.

Never having the opportunity to choose whichever school I wanted to go to and having limited choices, I had to spend many hours deciding which of my limited options were best for me and take in ALOT of factors. I DO give a d*mn about my education and my future. I worked hard, gathering research upon research upon research...and I still "got it wrong" my first go-around (I just recently transferred schools). And to see a kid with the opportunity to do what I couldn't - to choose wherever he wanted to go - and abuse that opportunity by using superficial and ridiculous reasoning really upsets me.

This is all just humble opinion here, no argument intended.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

He's obviously going to make his living playing basketball, and choosing a university program is a major step towards playing professionally. He's an idiot if he's letting something as superficial as colours impact that choice.

Oh please. Goodwin's one of the top recruits in the nation (ranked 12th overall by Scout). No matter which school he picks from his list (other than Arkansas), he'll get to show his skills and parlay them into a pro career while playing for a good program. When all other things are relatively equal, then you can start to make superficial choices.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Oh please. Goodwin's one of the top recruits in the nation (ranked 12th overall by Scout). No matter which school he picks from his list (other than Arkansas), he'll get to show his skills and parlay them into a pro career while playing for a good program. When all other things are relatively equal, then you can start to make superficial choices.

This is 100% true. Think of it like when you go buy a brand new car....you pick the color you want. Sadly, this is no different when you are at this level of talent.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

He didn't really turn it down because of their colors and ugly shoes. He turned it down because it wasn't Nike.

Uh, no. Read it again. He's saying that Nike does a better job of hiding what he considers ugly colors. Basically, he

was referencing how Nike handles Oregon's colors (almost the same as Baylor). Don't take things out of context....that's what politicians and their minions do. :P

No, he said in the quote "I turned them down cause their an adidas team..." I think it's very clear that he wants a Nike team.

New York Mets & New York Jets

Uh, no. Read it again. He's saying that Nike does a better job of hiding what he considers ugly colors. Basically, he

was referencing how Nike handles Oregon's colors (almost the same as Baylor). Don't take things out of context....that's what politicians and their minions do. :P

No, he said in the quote "I turned them down cause their an adidas team..." I think it's very clear that he wants a Nike team.

He's saying he thinks Adidas doesn't do a good job with teams that he considers to have bad colors. Not that he worships Nike.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Archived