Cal State Bakersfield New Floor

DCDuck

not liking that at all. the dark blue allows all the lights above to brightly reflect on the surface, you have those light spots everywhere which makes it hard to look at. the logo is so large and busy im sure it will be hard to look at and follow the action on the court. its going to be a mess of shapes and colors and be a real eyesore trying to watch a whole game. the state shape dosnt help anything either. the colors are so bold and in your face, im already getting a headache looking at it

I thought "bold and in your face" was a good thing?

why would it ever be a good thing when you're looking at it for 3 or 4 hours? those colors are going to cause cancer

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

UNC should get a Carolina Blue "alternate" floor for big games.

The floor at the Smith Center is not modular (in 100+ pieces) like an NBA or major arena court; it is permanent.

They could just cover the floor with one giant, 94-foot decal.

... just saying.

How is it that the only thing unpainted is the, um, "painted area?"

Seriously. Only thing on the whole floor. Without paint. Is the PAINT. Ugh.

State outline and B-where-the-school-is (I think) are positives; reminds me of the MTSU floor up until about 8 years ago when they replaced the huge state of Tennessee with the standardized MT logo. (I called a couple of playoff games there and had fun with the state, telling would-be listeners that someone shot from about Chattanooga, passed it out to so-and-so standing about Knoxville, or on a fast break they took the pass about Memphis. Yes, I'm a dork.)

Logo is decent as well, but everything is too...over the top. No on the painted floor, heavy colors, huge everything, and bare lanes. Just seems like an attention grab for all the wrong reasons...and just like Nike/UA/adidas uniform insanity...it will work on the kids.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

State outline and B-where-the-school-is (I think) are positives; reminds me of the MTSU floor up until about 8 years ago when they replaced the huge state of Tennessee with the standardized MT logo. (I called a couple of playoff games there and had fun with the state, telling would-be listeners that someone shot from about Chattanooga, passed it out to so-and-so standing about Knoxville, or on a fast break they took the pass about Memphis. Yes, I'm a dork.)

Nicely done!

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Archived